The Greatest Dance Club Act of All Time!

MarXus

Club/Dance Hit Eras  

21 members voted

1. 1. Which decade did you enjoy the most where she scored #1's Club/Dance Hits?

Madonna has been known to dominate the charts for many years, but one chart she's manage to successfully score #1's for 5 decades is the Dance/Club charts.  This week she scores her 50th Club/Dance hit with 'I Don't Search I Find'.   So which decade was your favorite for her dance/club hits? (Poll)  And while you're at it, share your favorites from the 50 songs of hers that went to #1 on the Club/Dance charts.

GDCAT.jpg

As much as I love 90's Madonna, I have to go with the 00's in regards to my favorite decade. 

Some of my favorites. Wish more of her back catalog was available for streaming. They'd do great on playlists for Spotify and decades as we've seen for other artists and she had the knack for pushing the remix format - it always elevated songs to different heights even if the original album versions were already outstanding.

1 hour ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

As much as I love 90's Madonna, I have to go with the 00's in regards to my favorite decade. 

Some of my favorites. Wish more of her back catalog was available for streaming. They'd do great on playlists for Spotify and decades as we've seen for other artists and she had the knack for pushing the remix format - it always elevated songs to different heights even if the original album versions were already outstanding.

I'm going to have to thank you.  I've guess I've heard the Miles Away remix since I own the physical and digital,  but I haven't listened in a long time, I forgot how cool that remix is.  In fact, I loved most of the remixes from Hard Candy era.  Though, I've been a fan since she's began so the 80's and early 90's were the best for me.  Many remained true the actual song and not sounded like something totally different.  Though, I recognized there have been many remixes after that like "Miles Away" which sound just as fun and astounding.  I feel the same for the MDNA single mixes. After that, I haven't been impressed with her mixes, especially those mixes that slow down her vocals. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I was really hoping we'd get a compilation to mark this milestone (and to close out 2010s).  Just making my own compilation of the 50 tracks. Holiday and Lucky Star share a #1 as do Angel and Into the Groove.  If this were to be exactly 50 tracks, which song from those singles would it have to be?