Stuart Price, 15 years ago this week

Starchild

If she truly discarded him for petty reasons then too bad honestly. Had she worked on another dance oriented album with him, she would've continued to stay ahead of the curve and would've been musically relevant with the arrival of the new generation of pop stars. I know we've reassessed the HC album in recent years but it is true that that sound was tired when the album came out. MDNA was the Walmart version of COADF lol. 

Stuart's musicianship was amazing. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
49 minutes ago, Fighter said:

If she truly discarded him for petty reasons then too bad honestly. Had she worked on another dance oriented album with him, she would've continued to stay ahead of the curve and would've been musically relevant with the arrival of the new generation of pop stars. I know we've reassessed the HC album in recent years but it is true that that sound was tired when the album came out. MDNA was the Walmart version of COADF lol. 

Stuart's musicianship was amazing. 

Agreed.

COADF is one of my favourite albums of all time, so I would obviously love for her to re-unite with Stuart. If she discarded him for personal reasons, then yeah it is a real shame. She has revisited producers such as William Orbit and Mirwais in the past decade, so it would be interesting to see what Stuart could bring to the table now. Hopefully they’ll cross paths again one day. 

5 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Yeah she started working with him in 2001 but the fact is he only served as a producer for Confessions. Pat Leonard was on The Virgin Tour before he did two albums with her. She just seemed to discard Stuart faster than other producers to me, which is strange considering Confessions was so acclaimed. 

He couldn’t provide an urban sound for her, so she moved on!

Mind you, Angela was still there when M was recording Hard Candy. So was Stuart. Remember Live Earth?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
Just now, deathproof said:

He couldn’t provide an urban sound for her, so she moved on!

Yes, I understand that, I’m just saying it’s strange how she’s never worked with him since despite that she does frequently reunite with previous producers! 

1 minute ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Yes, I understand that, I’m just saying it’s strange how she’s never worked with him since despite that she does frequently reunite with previous producers! 

And maybe that time will come in the near future. Maybe Dua Lipa will inspire her!

Guest Nobody Knows Me
3 minutes ago, deathproof said:

And maybe that time will come in the near future. Maybe Dua Lipa will inspire her!

That would be a dream! 

11 hours ago, deathproof said:

if there was any drama beyond creative disagreements as this thread suggests, although nothing is confirmed: i doubt it. madonna is not very forgiving despite the fact she likes (or used) to paint herself as that.

Edited by nodoman (see edit history)