Your Most Favorite Single from the 2k's?

MarXus

Your favorite 2K single?   

29 members voted

1. 1. What is your most favorite single from 2K's?

• American Pie
    • Music
    • Don't Tell Me
    • What It Feels Like For A Girl
    • Die Another Day
    • American Life
    • Hollywood
    • Nothing Fails
    • Love Profusion
    • Hung Up
    • Sorry
    • Get Together
    • Jump
    • Hey You
    • 4 Minutes
    • Give It 2 Me
    • Miles Away
    • Celebration
    • Revolver
    • Me Against Music

f4ff3eca9b37fc83f97ca82232c916c7.jpg

Madonna released 20 singles from 2000 - 2009.  A roller coaster ride of hits and misses.  Among those 20, she was featured on Britney's album, and released a charity Song for Live Earth.  Of those 20, four of them went #1 in most countries.  Oddly, "4 Minutes" was her biggest selling single of her career in the U.S. (outselling "Vogue" and "Like A Prayer"), but only reach #3.  Within that decade, even her personal life had some highs and lows, starting with the birth of her son, Rocco, a marriage which ended up with divorce 8 years later. She released two Greatest Hits compilations GHV2 and Celebration.  Neither one of them lived up to the previous Greatest Hits from 1990 called Immaculate Collection.  'Celebration' managed to be a great retrospective of her career, but didn't go over well with the fans, due to some technical errors, questionable omissions, etc. 

So which was your most favorite single from the 2K's.  Feel free to list your other favorites, beyond the poll. 

8 hours ago, LikeAMelody said:

I chose What It Feels Like For A Girl because that is how I am feeling right now. 

I loved it then and still love it. 

The Above and Beyond Mix is my favorite from the remixes. There's also the rare promo mix What It Feels Like For A Girl (George Best Saturday Night Mix). 

1 minute ago, IamZod said:

George Best was a British footballer who liked his drink and the ladies. I'm sure it's not the same one!!!

Ha!  I didn't even know it was "George Best" as I only recalled it as "Saturday Mix".  "Best" may not even be part of the real remixers name?  I was going to post a Youtube audio of it, but it seems not to exist.

On 2/17/2020 at 9:17 AM, IamZod said:

I chose Jump. There's just something about it that I really took a shine to. 4 Minutes is also pretty close. Then Hung Up and Die Another Day, although without the Abba sample, Hung Up wouldn't have worked as well.

Down the bottom is What It Feels Like For A Bloody Girl and American Pie :sis:,

I love Jump.  But for me it's "Me Against The Music" that at the bottom of the barrel for me.