I Have A Theory

eXtremeOccident

Do you guys think it's possible both the Rebel Heart Tour and Madame X Tour are unfinished visions for M, based on issues with her knee? I still fully believe that for the latter tour, she planned to further refine it along the way but didn't due to the injury. We knew she had issues for weeks of rehearsals, and it would explain why there were so many rehearsed songs ultimately cut from the tour.

It also should be noted how many RHT rehearsal clips had her with a cane. Something definitely changed with the approach to that tour. Based off of the rehearsal clips, there was to be much more choreography and high-energy numbers than what came to fruition. It also coincided with the first time the fanbase speculated about bum surgery. It wouldn't surprise me if this tour was the first one where she struggled to dance, due to "enhancements".

Sound off, Little Madonsters. 

I would say it falls more in line with Madame X more so with Rebel Heart. With Rebel Heart, we caught glimpses of performances and rumors of song sections that were ultimately cut at the last minute and it is apparent the first act was two separate sections before it was retooled into one. You also have the rejected S.E.X. interlude that was filmed but not used apart a few single frames blended into the SEX footage from the book sessions. We do know songs were rehearsed and dropped with the most notable one being the drum performance of "Hold Tight" from the first section of the show. It is also where a lot of fans began pointing out her dance was far more relaxed but not as intense as MDNA. As for knees, she seemed fine doing the knee squats during Candy Shop and other numbers.

I think most of the issues began during the rehearsals of Madame X and it stems from the willingness to continue the show despite the pain and nature of the injury. Madame X had a clear vision but a lot of seems unfinished or perhaps not as fully fleshed out as her previous tours per her decision, budget constraints etc. We do know she rehearsed other songs that were not used as noted by her Instagram postings but it's normal for her to do so. We had Falling Free scrapped from MDNA, Some Girls being replaced with Vogue on MDNA and other tours but I don't Rebel Heart was affected by her health issues she's facing at the moment nor the butt job. My own take on this was she unfortunately obtained an injury when tour rehearsals and prep began and thought it would subside or get better but ultimately realized it was going to be much worse than she thought and thus cancellations, altered and edited shows etc.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

From what I read prior to the tour starting, the ideas were there but there were so many last minute changes. I seem to recall them planning an entire Sex Lesson/Sacrilege section with the Holy Water performance along with Deeper and Deeper, Like a Virgin & Devil Pray. I also remember plans for a big remix for Holiday. Whether it’s all true I don’t know, but parts of the final tour do look kind of rushed.

I would also agree the knee injury does fall more in line with Madame X than Rebel Heart though. 

a lot of the RHT seemed unfinished, it felt like MDNA Tour leftovers to me... hoping Madame X is better. :cry:

I do think there were issues during RHT but maybe personal? something definitely was off with her as a whole, fans said she was being fun and cute and relaxed but to me that felt very forced and like she was masking her real mood.

To me Rebel Heart was a finished show. Yes, certain elements like the interludes were lazy but there's no way her performance was affected by timing. That show was incredibly well put and the costumes plus make up were really gorgeous. Plus, you could understand every single song's message during the main acts.

Madame X looks a little bit unfinished, where only the Fado section makes total sense :lol: I think what affected Madonna's performance this time is her desire to promote social/cultural/environmental awareness which is a varied topic pretty much in vogue in many, many countries around the world right now. In this show you have:

- Gun control

- Current American political scenario

- Censorship

- Abortion rights

- World Music awareness

- Ageism

- Amazon fires and destruction of nature

- LGBTQ rights

Maybe if she had selected more classics to convey the message of the show better, we wouldn't be complaining about the lack of consistency in the show. Well, that's me anyway. I enjoyed the Madame X songs in the end!:kiss:

I never thought the RHT felt unfinished and yet, I have always felt the opposite on the Madame X tour. I think Madonna had a vision....but, between more injuries and lack of the right help and time, the tour got restricted into just rock concert. That's ok, but, the possibilities were endless for how she could have done this show theatrically and told a complete story of Madame X(like...how did she lose her eye? :sis:?)  .  

The transition from Burning Up and Holy Water is very messy. The sections felt like one crammed together and the Messiah video made up of Ghosttown footage was another one. I wish she had filmed something with that look since the song screams witchy imagery and such from her.

The S.E.X. interlude is another red flag. The only ones decent from her that tour were Iconic and Illuminati. Thankfully, the full thing leaked so we could see the Church of Marilyn/Madonna scenes fully.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
20 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Thankfully, the full thing leaked so we could see the Church of Marilyn/Madonna scenes fully.

Wait, what?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
8 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Yes, the Iconic backdrop. The full thing leaked a while back. Not the show segment, sorry. :cry:

Oh, I thought you meant the original S.E.X. interlude at first, my bad! :Madonna006: