Voguerista

The Coronavirus!

Are you worried on the Coronavirus? Do you have tips how to fight it?

We had a doctor friend tell us recently to drink a mix of Brandy and Honey. Brandy will help to sweat the Virus out of your body. The honey has natural and many unknown immunities in it.

I personally believe in taking Probiotics too for immunities and to flush your digestive system. 

Well during my Madame X Tour experience in London I made a trip to Brighton, only to find out two days later that this is the place where Coronavirus was found in the UK.

It's been almost two weeks, so probably everything's ok. But here in Italy there is a lot more attention to it than in England.

2 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Well during my Madame X Tour experience in London I made a trip to Brighton, only to find out two days later that this is the place where Coronavirus was found in the UK.

It's been almost two weeks, so probably everything's ok. But here in Italy there is a lot more attention to it than in England.

Being it's been almost two weeks, I hope you'll be ok. It's scary. 

The disease is scary enough. What worries and scares me is the justification some people are using to be outright racist towards people in those infected countries. The fact it is becoming normal to hear people say "Don't eat at a Chinese restaurant, you'll catch Corona." People really need to get a reality check.

15 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

The disease is scary enough. What worries and scares me is the justification some people are using to be outright racist towards people in those infected countries. The fact it is becoming normal to hear people say "Don't eat at a Chinese restaurant, you'll catch Corona." People really need to get a reality check.

Totally agree this is not right. But what should be called out are the appalling treatment of animals and lack of sanitary conditions in the way they are kept and slaughtered that has lead to this disease in Chinese food markets !

49 minutes ago, diesel6888 said:

Totally agree this is not helpful. But what should be called out are the appalling treatment of animals and lack of sanitary conditions in the way they are kept and slaughtered that has lead to this disease in Chinese food markets !

Agreed. That I do agree with. It's the opportunistic way people are using to justify their pre-existing phobias and racism towards other groups rather than the situation. But yes, I couldn't even watch a few seconds.

After nearly dying from a chest infection and pneumonia 2 years ago, which destroyed my voice (it's STILL not fully recovered after years of speech therapy), I am VERY anxious of any illness that will attack my lungs and make me cough. The prospect of damaging my voice box and supporting muscles again after what I went through fills me with complete horror. I would rather die than go through that pain and anguish again.

So I avoid anyone with a cough, cold, sniffle or if they say they're feeling out of sorts. I cross the road from people in the street if they cough or sneeze. I wash my hands all the time with anti-bacterial agent and do my best to find my own space on public transport. I wear gloves a lot outdoors on the tube etc. Before I will even visit a friend I make sure they are well and not coming down with something. I am now incredibly paranoid of everything to do with germs.

it's scary I think. I work in a store, and sometimes people cough and sneeze right in front of me, to my face without protecting themselves. Educated people turn around or cover their face with their hand when about to cough or sneeze...but there they usually don't. I never liked this attitude, and now I dont like it even more. Sometimes I call their attention, but its like talking to a stone.

I leave here a song, more like a joke, because of her name..her song was some kind of a "virus" that year ;-)

3 hours ago, diesel6888 said:

Totally agree this is not helpful. But what should be called out are the appalling treatment of animals and lack of sanitary conditions in the way they are kept and slaughtered that has lead to this disease in Chinese food markets !

This is phrased horribly tbh, it's like you're saying sure racism is bad but what should be called out is mistreatment of animals. ? and racism is "not helpful"... it's more like completely appalling, or it should be.

7 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Agreed. That I do agree with. It's the opportunistic way people are using to justify their pre-existing phobias and racism towards other groups rather than the situation. But yes, I couldn't even watch a few seconds.

5 hours ago, Fighter said:

This is phrased horribly tbh, it's like you're saying sure racism is bad but what should be called out is mistreatment of animals. ? and racism is "not helpful"... it's more like completely appalling, or it should be.

I agree. Besides ...  I wonder how many viruses have been born in the United States and other countries? I bet a lot and there could be more in the future.  So, we need to keep focused and help each other more to find cures and prevention, not judge. 

6 hours ago, IamZod said:

After nearly dying from a chest infection and pneumonia 2 years ago, which destroyed my voice (it's STILL not fully recovered after years of speech therapy), I am VERY anxious of any illness that will attack my lungs and make me cough. The prospect of damaging my voice box and supporting muscles again after what I went through fills me with complete horror. I would rather die than go through that pain and anguish again.

So I avoid anyone with a cough, cold, sniffle or if they say they're feeling out of sorts. I cross the road from people in the street if they cough or sneeze. I wash my hands all the time with anti-bacterial agent and do my best to find my own space on public transport. I wear gloves a lot outdoors on the tube etc. Before I will even visit a friend I make sure they are well and not coming down with something. I am now incredibly paranoid of everything to do with germs.

I'm so glad you're doing everything you can to prevent getting it.  My husband has lung and heart issues. Like you, he sanitizes everything at work constantly. We carry sanitizing wipes and gel while traveling(we are always going some where on the weekends). I bleach and use alcohol all over our house constantly. The whole thing just scares me. :sis: Please stay well, everyone! 

9 hours ago, Fighter said:

I think you misunderstood what I meant and was saying and yes I didn't word it well. I am taking about idiot comments causing panic about the virus, like catching the virus from food in a restaurant, which I why I was saying you are more likely to catch a common cold.  And you are right racism shouldn't not be tolerated and as with any hate called out! Ive heard it a lot in the last few days I really don't understand humans #bekind

19 minutes ago, diesel6888 said:

I think you misunderstood what I meant and was saying and yes I didn't word it well. I am taking about idiot comments causing panic about the virus, like catching the virus from food in a restaurant, which I why I was saying you are more likely to catch a common cold.  And you are right racism shouldn't not be tolerated and as with any hate called out! #bekind

It was worded poorly so I'm just making sure of what you meant, so no biggie. :rainbow:

15 minutes ago, azul2015 said:

In the last laboratory tests of the University of Masachusetts they have verified that when Coronavirus approaches a speaker with the song "Super Pop" it commits suicide.

I'm sorry. Not sure what you mean?? Can you explain? 

On 2/19/2020 at 7:05 AM, diesel6888 said:

Totally agree this is not right. But what should be called out are the appalling treatment of animals and lack of sanitary conditions in the way they are kept and slaughtered that has lead to this disease in Chinese food markets !

This article is pretty good bringing clarity to the point that it has not much to do with the animals or the conditions itself. It could be passed to other animals from bats because they've been in contact with their saliva/faeces etc..but that's something you could find in so many farmers markets with live stock.

The whole concept that it comes from "chinese people eating weird stuff'" that some of the media is sharing around is really ignorant and racist.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/coronavirus-bats-snakes-pangolins

Edited by Ego Rodriguez