The Madame X Tour is almost over... so what happens next?

tajybajyboo

The Madame X Tour is almost over... so what happens next? Hopefully some rest and recovery (and possibly an operation on that knee). I know M has aspirations to direct more movies, but what will happen in her music career now her contracts with Interscope and Live Nation have been fulfilled?

If she does want to release new music it will have to be killer. Madame X was an interesting album, but she needs an unequivocal hit, if she wants to go on a tour promoting new material. I have no idea how she would achieve that, given how she's ignored by the Spotify generation.

Perhaps she could make a duets album - I'm thinking something on the lines of Tom Jones' Reload album, recording new songs but with younger performers to introduce her to a new generation of fans? But then again, that's not really her style, although I think this could work well for Mariah Carey. 

She could do a covers album, but again, that's not her either.

A Christmas album? God, I hope not!

Personally, I'd love her to explore the rock guitar genre more. It conveys the same kind of raw energy as dance music, but without the dancing, and I've loved most of the songs she's reinvented with rock guitar on her previous tours (with exception to Hung up, Sticky & Sweet!).

Maybe she doesn't release any new music and just goes on tour instead? I'm sure a greatest hits show would be very well received. She could call it The Immaculate Celebration Tour - but perhaps that's too premature at this point.

Or she could do what Bruce Springsteen and U2 have done recently by resurrecting an older tour? It's been 30 years since Blond Ambition, so it might be quite interesting to take the same set list and reinvent it for the modern age.  

Thoughts?! 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
59 minutes ago, tajybajyboo said:

Or she could do what Bruce Springsteen and U2 have done recently by resurrecting an older tour? It's been 30 years since Blond Ambition, so it might be quite interesting to take the same set list and reinvent it for the modern age.  

That does sound really interesting but honestly the chances of her doing that are even less than a greatest hits tour. I hope for a great pop album soon, perhaps next year or for her fortieth anniversary, but we’ll see. 

I just wrote this in the London thread, but, I hope she does a complete visual album in the next few years. Maybe just five or six songs. Then perform three of them or more in a Greatest Reinvented Hits 40Th Anniversary Tour (like @scionmentions in the News Discussion forum). 

I don’t want a greatest hits and I certainly don’t think she will tour for a long time now seeing as how ill this tour has made her

now that her contract has expired ( although what does that mean in today’s music standards ? ) I feel she should rest up and maybe look back and start to finally release some box sets of CDs and dvds and blu rays to coincide with the inevitable Madame X tour release - everyone is talking about the 30 year anniversary of her most iconic tour and song (BA and Vogue ) plus it’s the 35 year anniversary of the virgin tour - her first ever tour which still has not been released in full but god knows if that’s even in the archives anyways ? I would love Pat Leonard to work on all this 80s demos stuff as he was her main producer in this era and he’s very quiet lately ?

other than this she needs a rest ??

Guest Nobody Knows Me
10 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I think she’ll tour again soon. She will want to make back the money she’s lost.

Whenever she chooses to come back I’ll be ready and waiting 

1A515F52-C59F-425F-BB91-43C6F4558722.gif

5 hours ago, tajybajyboo said:

i actually had a dream a few years ago that this happened ?

I guess we'll go back to the twins posts all over her Instagram. :Madonna032:

But seriously, I think she'll come back in maybe three/four years with another album and then tour as she's been doing the last decade. Madame X doesn't feel like a goodbye era at all, at least for me... Maybe a greatest hits album will happen but I think it's useless in this streaming era. No one cares about compilations anymore, we have playlists now. And I think if it's really going to happen it will just be an excuse to do a greatest hits tour... I don't know how I feel about that tho. It could be interesting I guess.

see.gif 

She's going to take a few years off.  But I don't believe it will be as long as the last few eras.  I know that Guy O. is wanting her to resurrect an album and tour on it, such as Ray of Light.  That would be an easy money maker, but it probably would work better if it focused on a number of hits from her career, rather just a focus on her career. 

If a script is ready for her to direct a film, I'm sure she will jump at that next. But what's important, is her to get her health in check. 

8 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

We have to (and she has to) stop wishing for a comeback. She's never going to be the biggest star in the world again. The 80's are gone, her 20's are gone, and neither are ever coming back. There are younger artists having their moment right now, just as she once did. Each generation has to have their own generation-defining artists. Madonna had her moments in 1985, 1990, 1996, 2000, etc. She is a legacy artist now. 

Let's just enjoy the niche art she puts out, like Madame X and the Madame X Tour, enjoy her back catalogue, and all grow old together :)

RIGHT!!! It never will be happen again... So, i guess she will explore a different way to bring her music/art...

Guest Nobody Knows Me
8 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

We have to (and she has to) stop wishing for a comeback. She's never going to be the biggest star in the world again. The 80's are gone, her 20's are gone, and neither are ever coming back. There are younger artists having their moment right now, just as she once did. Each generation has to have their own generation-defining artists. Madonna had her moments in 1985, 1990, 1996, 2000, etc. She is a legacy artist now. 

Let's just enjoy the niche art she puts out, like Madame X and the Madame X Tour, enjoy her back catalogue, and all grow old together :)

Agreed, and I don’t want her to try and make that sort of comeback again. Just embrace your legacy and keep going :smuglaugh:

12 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

Of course she will never have hit singles BUT you only have to look at the recent popularity of Queen, Elton John and others to see that she can definitely make her mark on younger generations if she chooses to. I guess for her it probably seems like a sacrifice as she'd rather move forward onto new projects. It's up to her ultimately but I do think it will be a shame if future generations become less and less aware of her work.

On 2/21/2020 at 6:03 AM, Blue Jean said:

Of course she will never have hit singles BUT you only have to look at the recent popularity of Queen, Elton John and others to see that she can definitely make her mark on younger generations if she chooses to. I guess for her it probably seems like a sacrifice as she'd rather move forward onto new projects. It's up to her ultimately but I do think it will be a shame if future generations become less and less aware of her work.

Yeah, and look at Dolly Parton's recent resurgence. She's not exactly capitalizing solely on her catalogue, and not exactly having success with new material, yet somehow doing both. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, azrael said:

I just hope we have no more other artist features, no more songs with embarrassing sexual connotations, some proper songwriting and a project where you can feel her connection to the message. If that takes a long time, then I'd be cool with waiting. 

Yeah, artist features are getting a little boring now to be honest.

2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I have a feeling she goes into the studio faster than we think with a good portion of the people responsible for this album and creates a sister to Madame X (the record not the person).

That’s interesting. What makes you think that?

Do you think that since Madame X was so well received artistically, that they’ll try to replicate that but promote it well this time?

I think she should re-release Madame X and add a separate disc of the Fado versions of Like a Virgin, Secret, Don't Tell Me, Human Nature etc. That were played during the documentary and at the beginning of the shows. These would be amazing and avoid the Orchestral Album that others make.