The Madame X Tour is almost over... so what happens next?

tajybajyboo

Guest Nobody Knows Me
19 minutes ago, Jamesroeni said:

I think she should re-release Madame X and add a separate disc of the Fado versions of Like a Virgin, Secret, Don't Tell Me, Human Nature etc. That were played during the documentary and at the beginning of the shows. These would be amazing and avoid the Orchestral Album that others make. 

The live musicians performing fado renditions of Secret, Don’t Tell Me, Like A Virgin and Who’s that Girl before the show began was honestly fantastic, so I would love to hear more of her hits re-invented in that fashion. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I wonder if she’ll be returning to living in Lisbon or not. I recall reading an article saying that she was leaving her palace but I wasn’t sure as to whether or not it was true. 

1 hour ago, Jamesroeni said:

I think she should re-release Madame X and add a separate disc of the Fado versions of Like a Virgin, Secret, Don't Tell Me, Human Nature etc. That were played during the documentary and at the beginning of the shows. These would be amazing and avoid the Orchestral Album that others make. 

Hmmm... I don’t think so, Madonna is always moving forward, I just hope she’ll release a new album soon

4 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

That’s interesting. What makes you think that?

Do you think that since Madame X was so well received artistically, that they’ll try to replicate that but promote it well this time?

Yeah. I could see her doing a MUSIC/American Life kinda thing with Madame X since it was well received after 2 kinda meh releases.  An arena tour though, I doubt she'll do the theatre again so soon. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, RUADJAI said:

Yeah. I could see her doing a MUSIC/American Life kinda thing with Madame X since it was well received after 2 kinda meh releases.  An arena tour though, I doubt she'll do the theatre again so soon. 

That would be fantastic. I’d love for a follow-up album to stick with some sort of avant-garde theme, preferably a little more fun than “Madame X” though, maybe more in the vein of “Music”. And whenever she’s ready, I’d love an arena tour. 

16 hours ago, GodControl said:

Hmmm... I don’t think so, Madonna is always moving forward, I just hope she’ll release a new album soon

It's happened in the past with the Music album and would introduce the Madame X album to more people. I think this would be a far more creative way of doing a Greatest Hits and a great PR move at this stage. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I’d really like it if she released a shorter and more mature follow-up album with live instrumentation similar to “Like A Prayer”. An album of ballads and solid pop songs with live fado instruments could be really fantastic. 

A long break musically for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if she did a Number 1 dance singles album rather than a traditional greatest hits. 

This then leaves room for a second ballads collection and a smattering of re-releases starting in fall this year. 

I honestly think we will start to see the back cat explored while she focuses on films and family. 

One thing is certain. Everything depends on what kind of contract she renegotiates now her three album deal and tour contract with LiveNation is over. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
11 minutes ago, steady75 said:

A long break musically for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if she did a Number 1 dance singles album rather than a traditional greatest hits. 

This then leaves room for a second ballads collection and a smattering of re-releases starting in fall this year. 

I honestly think we will start to see the back cat explored while she focuses on films and family. 

One thing is certain. Everything depends on what kind of contract she renegotiates now her three album deal and tour contract with LiveNation is over. 

A Number Ones compilation would be great if another greatest hits is scheduled. If it’s in the vein of Janet Jackson’s Number Ones album with 7” single edits and video mixes of songs, then I’d really like it. A second ballads collection with some new and powerful ballads would also be much appreciated. 

On 2/21/2020 at 3:15 AM, tajybajyboo said:

Madame X was an interesting album, but she needs an unequivocal hit, if she wants to go on a tour promoting new material. I have no idea how she would achieve that, given how she's ignored by the Spotify generation.

No she doesn't. She's had hit albums for 30+ years, she doesn't need anything to be able to tour a new album, as we just saw. Sure, if she wants to fill stadiums again she will need a hit album or to go a cash-in Greatest Hits tour but I truly think that's the furthest thing from her mind now.

On 2/21/2020 at 12:06 PM, clkelley39 said:

We have to (and she has to) stop wishing for a comeback. She's never going to be the biggest star in the world again. The 80's are gone, her 20's are gone, and neither are ever coming back. There are younger artists having their moment right now, just as she once did. Each generation has to have their own generation-defining artists. Madonna had her moments in 1985, 1990, 1996, 2000, etc. She is a legacy artist now. 

Let's just enjoy the niche art she puts out, like Madame X and the Madame X Tour, enjoy her back catalogue, and all grow old together :)

Exactly. Some people think that if she records and releases Confessions 2 she will be massive again and get #1 singles... it's not going to happen! 

On 2/23/2020 at 1:40 AM, Nobody Knows Me said:

I wonder if she’ll be returning to living in Lisbon or not. I recall reading an article saying that she was leaving her palace but I wasn’t sure as to whether or not it was true. 

That's the last thing I read about it.

https://english.elpais.com/elpais/2019/03/26/inenglish/1553599346_526692.html

Just now, Nobody Knows Me said:

I completely forgot about the “Indian Summer” rumour! If she doesn’t plan on returning to Lisbon then I’m excited to see what’s next for her. 

I guess “Indian Summer” was the secret project name for the Dark Ballet video shoot. I also think she's done with Portugal.

On 2/23/2020 at 6:04 PM, Nobody Knows Me said:

I’d really like it if she released a shorter and more mature follow-up album with live instrumentation similar to “Like A Prayer”. An album of ballads and solid pop songs with live fado instruments could be really fantastic. 

Don't be silly, Madonna doesn't like live sounding instruments!

i must admit, I feel Rebel Heart was an incredible album compared to Madame X, but wasn't represented well performance wise.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
46 minutes ago, scion said:

Don't be silly, Madonna doesn't like live sounding instruments!

i must admit, I feel Rebel Heart was an incredible album compared to Madame X, but wasn't represented well performance wise.

Shame, live sounding instruments are always amazing! 

I do agree with that, and I feel like both albums have had some missed opportunities in terms of live performance. 

I was thinking about it this morning.

Like a prayer is my favourite one because it's the most mature and original lyrically speaking, I can relate to it a lot.

For the same reason I love American Life, songs like Intervention or Easy ride are very strong.

I miss such depth in Madame X, because the lyrics are too repetitive. Even the verse is repeated! Also, it goes in too many directions, and the manifesto can't justify this at all. For me the real Madame X album goes from Batuka to Extreme Occident.

Her most successful albums are those which are very organic musically, like ROL and Confessions.

Rebel Heart could have been a very mature album, but for many reasons she chose to not do a pop record with good lyrics, but tried to sound "young" and somehow ruined it. We have been talking about this for a long time. But actually many songs are good - Rebel Heart, Living for love, Ghosttown, Devil pray, Heartbreak city, Unapologetic bitch. But despite all its flaws I like it. I'd love M to follow this direction.

As for the instrumentation, I'd soooo want that M makes an album with real musicians. But if she didn't really use the Lisbon musicians during this tour and preferred to recreate the sound of the album, which is an incredible shame and an incredibile waste, I don't think this will happen. We have to admit she is not interested in that.

IT'S TIME TO OPEN THE VAULTS MADONNA AND CASH IN FOR A FEW YEARS. GIVE US ALL THE RE-RELEASES, NEVER BEFORE RELEASED AND CLASSICS THAT WE WANT AND LOVE. THEN TREAT US TO NEW FUN DANCE MUSIC (YOUR FIRST LOVE).

REMEMBER WHEN KEITH AND JEAN MICHEL TOLD YOU THEY WERE ENVIOUS OF THE WAY YOUR ART REACHED THE MASSES? WELL INTRODUCE YOUR WORLD OF ART TO A NEW GENERATION AND REACH THE PEOPLE.

Edited by Lucky90210 (see edit history)

I hope she sorts out and recovers from her injuries, and then move quickly on to the next project.  I would like to see her return to Warner Records or independently release new music. 
She could capitalize on her 50 #1’s on the dance chart with a digital release. At this point, I wouldn’t mind if she just released ep’s for a while. 
I hope the Madame X Tour doesn’t drive her away from theatres or smaller venues because I really think she has a good concept to build on. I also hope she gives it another go because one thing that seemed to distract me during the MXT was that she seemed frustrated, like she wants to enjoy this tour and can’t, so the audience gets put into the sometimes awkward position of being the sole reason she’s painfully suffering us. LOL. 
That said, I can’t see the inevitable greatest hits or classic album tour be too far off. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, RebelHeartbreak said:

I hope the Madame X Tour doesn’t drive her away from theatres or smaller venues because I really think she has a good concept to build on. I also hope she gives it another go because one thing that seemed to distract me during the MXT was that she seemed frustrated, like she wants to enjoy this tour and can’t, so the audience gets put into the sometimes awkward position of being the sole reason she’s painfully suffering us. LOL. 
That said, I can’t see the inevitable greatest hits or classic album tour be too far off. 

Perhaps she might do one last arena tour and then return to performing in theatres and smaller venues in the future. She definitely does have a good concept to build on so it would be interesting to see what else she can bring to a theatre. 

On 2/23/2020 at 1:40 AM, Nobody Knows Me said:

She bought a HUGE new home in Lisbon, so she will remain in Lisbon for now.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
13 minutes ago, Matte88 said:

She bought a HUGE new home in Lisbon, so she will remain in Lisbon for now.

Is there a source to confirm this?

1. Collaborate with Daft Punk on a 70s funk/electronic album with its own visual counterpart that is properly directed with a big enough budget and vision to look up to today’s standards like the music videos that Taylor Swift or Billie Eilish, not necessarily in style but production budget and vision.

2. Create a Something To Remember II album with ballads that came after the original and some new ballads. She needs to capitalize on those. Her ballads are so great, so well-written and produced and so underrated and under promoted. Madonna is known for dance music, yes but that doesn’t mean that’s the only thing that she’s all about. Either that, or create an original new album of ballads complete with evening dresses and classy looks. Something that is the exact opposite of the image of bustiers, fishnets, crucifixes and sexual connotations that she’s been putting at the forefront of everything in almost all her works. Something original, new and unexpected.

3. Go on a stadium/arena world tour and emphasize on new material and old forgotten gems, not the hits they we’ve seen a trillion times. 

4. Eventually retire after doing another global stadium/arena tour, but this time, a greatest hits one.

5. No need to release a compilation, instead release box sets of past tours and music videos remastered in 4K/HDR.

What I wish she NEVER does again is:

1. Theater tours: Madame X tour was fun for what it was but it wasn’t above her previous tours. Instead of doing real theater or a truly intimate experience focused on forgotten gems and songs that hardcore fans adore, it was more of a low budget downsized version of her big tours. I liked Madame X Tour but it’s not something I wanna see Madonna doing for the rest of her career.

2. Directing/Acting in movies: It was a miracle that the world recognized her for Evita. After that, people were more and more against her in the movie business. She was either put in shitty movies with shitty execution or she wasn’t given the confidence to be watched and admire, but rather overruled right away, so stay away from the movie business unless it’s your own biopic, documentary or a song for a big movie. Unless a miracle happens when a great main role with a great story and director and big budget is available for her.