The Madame X Tour is almost over... so what happens next?

tajybajyboo

A film, new album after healing/recovering with a tour whether she'll dance or not to support. The only one here not interested in a GH show or another GH package unless it's a huge set with goodies and exclusives. Then again, I'd rather Madonna continue pushing new work. I do agree with getting her singles and remixes on streaming services and a massive overhaul to her online presence (YouTube channel being cleaned up, a better rep like Liz was etc)

Guest Nobody Knows Me
29 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I’d love another You Can Dance GH album. Revisiting past singles and having them given a modern touch by the best possible people. Stuart? You around? A compilation of reinvented singles and maybe one or two new recording hits to promote another tour?

A dream!
:08:

56 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I’d love another You Can Dance GH album. Revisiting past singles and having them given a modern touch by the best possible people. Stuart? You around? A compilation of reinvented singles and maybe one or two new recording hits to promote another tour?

Look, I couldn’t connect with Madame X. At all. Not my era not my cup of tea... I didn’t have that exciting anxiety hearing recordings from any shows... just a complete disconnect. I haven’t really played the album or listened to the songs in... since I bought it day 1.  And I’m ok with that. People grow, she’s growing. I would LOVE more pop dance Madonna. But she loves to go so many different routes - I only hope whatever she does, she does it well and loves it.

Ultimately, with this current situation she’s in... I don’t see her touring for AT LEAST another 2/3 years. But while she’s resting... that bitch can be mighty productive providing she’s around the right people. So we’ll see

Reinvented singles and a dance album? Bring it! 

This topic is very interesting.

This is a link to what I believe is one of the best written articles about Madonna from recent years:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/djlouiexiv/madonna-madame-x-pop-music-age-women

I personally agree completely, with the author of this article. While we cannot predict Madonna (that has always been her connotation), what I would like to see is a new album where Madonna finally speaks about her and her life again. In the last 15 years there is no trace whatsoever of what's going on with her (and I mean with her SOUL), in her songs: she talks a lot about what she thinks but she never says what she feels and what kind of mark life has left on her soul.

I mean, being Madonna there is a lot to tell: the bitter divorce, the relationship with her kids and her family, being the most successful and most criticised woman in the entertainment history, if she still thinks about her mother or speaks to her father, her brothers and sisters...her life and feelings, what she has learned and what she has become.

Although I have a suspicion that she is not doing it because lately she might be deeply unhappy (don't ask me why, it's just a feeling I have, as a fan since 1984, while looking and listening to her, recently) and the result would be a very dark album - and probably she does not wanna go there.

...while a dark album would make my day, because I believe she gives her best when exploring dark territories. :hearteyes:

Oh, and of course I would love to see everything socio-political disappear completely and forever from her work. That is something that, in my opinion, is ruining her.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
44 minutes ago, Michele said:

What I would like to see is a new album where Madonna finally speaks about her and her life again. In the last 15 years there is no trace whatsoever of what's going on with her (and I mean with her SOUL), in her songs: she talks a lot about what she thinks but she never says what she feels and what kind of mark life has left on her soul.

I mean, being Madonna there is a lot to tell: the bitter divorce, the relationship with her kids and her family, being the most successful and most criticised woman in the entertainment history, if she still thinks about her mother or speaks to her father, her brothers and sisters...her life and feelings, what she has learned and what she has become.

It would be very interesting to hear an album that discusses the topics and themes you listed, but like you said, she may not feel comfortable doing so. Honestly, there are so many ways she could go, and so many different directions I’d personally like to see her pursue, but she’s totally unpredictable and I love her for that, so whatever she does next I’ll be excited to hear and see. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
3 minutes ago, Matte88 said:

yes, she spent one year to restructure the home. The source is : every person who lives in Lisbon knows it, lol . She practically disemboweled and renovated an entire building with security systems near Santa Caterina.

Interesting. I ask because I’ve seen other sources that say she’s selling up, so I guess we’ll just wait and see. 

I’d like to see her just be herself for once. Let her body return to its natural state. No more facelifts and injections, no more auto tune. I’d like to see a record more in line with I’m Breathless! I’m bored of songs about politics, sex, love, or Kabbalah. Maybe something uplifting and positive about the beauty in life rather than forcing the “wake up” narrative, which seems kind of paranoid. She seems to spend so much time being a rebel and defying so many things that she ends up living for other people. I lived through the ray of light era where I feel like we got to see the real M. 

On 2/20/2020 at 8:36 PM, clkelley39 said:

We have to (and she has to) stop wishing for a comeback. She's never going to be the biggest star in the world again. The 80's are gone, her 20's are gone, and neither are ever coming back. There are younger artists having their moment right now, just as she once did. Each generation has to have their own generation-defining artists. Madonna had her moments in 1985, 1990, 1996, 2000, etc. She is a legacy artist now. 

Let's just enjoy the niche art she puts out, like Madame X and the Madame X Tour, enjoy her back catalogue, and all grow old together :)

I agree with you about each generation having their generation-defining artists although when I was a teenager I listened to music from the 50's and 60's and 70's when I was home as well as the 80's artists.  When I was with my friends we talked about what was currently on MTV and that was it. I think my friends did the same thing. Thinking back on it now I loved the older artist's classics more but I admired the ones who wanted to stay current and I did like some of thier new music. 

I did look to Madonna and Prince just as two example artists to sing about what appealed to me so there is something to be said for that.  I am trying to work out how much of that is organic and how much of that is pressure that has been created. The youth movement has been pushed since the 1950's. Kids wanting to rebel and have something different from what thier parents enjoyed. 

As far as Madonna being a legacy act, I have to disagree. I think an artist or a band has to cultivate that and Madonna has not given enough love if at all to her past music. While others have been basking in the glow of their genius status and talking about their music Madonna does not seem to focus on her artistry in public.  

She finds herself in a difficult position because of this. There are so many people who think Madonna's music is void of artistic merit and have absolutely no idea how amazing her discography is beyond the hits. 

I applaud her for being an artist where I do not groan when they play something new. I want to hear the new stuff because I think her biggest fans are interested in what she has to say above everything. 

I do not think she could be a legacy act because I do not think her heart would be in it. Other bands and artists choose to use thier past and they are happy doing so. 

Physically I do not know how long she can endure these shows and the fact that she doesn't seem to be accepting this tells me she is trying to endure by using the only thing she has control over now and that's her own body. They can stop her voice somewhat by banning her from radio. I wonder if that is also why she has been late to her shows. She is trying to hold on to some form of control. From the strenuous tours and aging these last ten years she is now starting to lose control of hèr body which is bringing on the tears. 

What is next? She's a mother first.

I wish she would get into a more mature relationship though only because it seems to be a trend for her to date a guy in thier twenties so it's hard for me go take her relationships seriously. I have never really had that much of an interest in her love life though. 

It seemed Madonna believed in something along with her defiance and now she seems just defiant. I kinda feel that way myself now. I'm getting depressed. Lol. 

I want her to continue with new music because I love Madame X and I think Dark Ballet really signifies how she is seen today and how she is responding to the effort in the music industry to stop her. The song is relatable as well though. I also want her to cultivate a respect for her back catalog in more serious discussions. She can talk about it a little without destroying artistic impressions. She needs to challenge herself intellectually more instead of pushing her body. 

I like your wish for all of us to enjoy her music and grow old together. ❤

I don't know about her plans, but I would like to disconnect a little from her, and I mean social media, old videos, old material. Sometimes I tend to be obsessed with all her discography, playing always her records and videos and I feel like I want to discover new artists, new music, and being more relaxed. I feel like we are always worried about her, her mental health, her face, her low streamings,  her butt, and now about her physical health, and for me music is happiness, instrospection, and BEING RELAXED. 

Also I don't like her endless breaks. I know 3 or 4 years are nothing comparing to other older artists, but her #comingsoons everyday, made me feel anxious and sick, and then when the record comes, is like everything moves on really quick till another endless break. 
If she or her team don't know how to manage mistery and hype, I would do it for myself this time. I don't want to see twins, champagne rose, wigs or MDNA skin. When everything will be ready, it will come (if it has to). 

Edited by nito84bcn (see edit history)

29 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

I don't know about her plans, but I would like to disconnect a little from her, and I mean social media, old videos, old material. Sometimes I tend to be obsessed with all her discography, playing always her records and videos and I feel like I want to discover new artists, new music, and being more relaxed. I feel like we are always worried about her, her mental health, her face, her low streamings,  her butt, and now about her physical health, and for me music is happiness, instrospection, and BEING RELAXED. 

Also I don't like her endless breaks. I know 3 or 4 years are nothing comparing to other older artists, but her #comingsoons everyday, made me feel anxious and sick, and then when the record comes, is like everything moves on really quick till another endless break. 
If she or her team don't know how to manage mistery and hype, I would do it for myself this time. I don't want to see twins, champagne rose, wigs or MDNA skin. When everything will be ready, it will come (if it has to). 

The instagram years and that whole persona really wore me out, thank god for this album. It really was unexpected that it would be so good and she would feel fresh again.