Album you wish Madonna would make?

10 hours ago, Hydrangeas Up Your Ass said:

Do you have any favorite album that you listen to that makes you wish Madonna would make something reminiscent of it? I'm not asking for just a genre nor a remake of a specific album, but an album that makes you go: "i wonder how Madonna's take on this concept and production would sound?"

Mine would be Grace Jones 2008 album "Hurricane". It's one of my all time favorites and 12 years later it still sounds fresh, bold and as inventive as ever. From the effortlessly cool tone-setting intro that is "This Is", to the dark, heavy and horror-esque "Corporate Cannibal", the album and the story it tells is perfectly curated. The albums lyrics are anecdotal, cleaver and to-the-point. The production is a bass heavy futuristic electronica blend with strong Reggae & RnB vibes. The more experimental songs of Madame X (DB, GC, KWAP,EO and even the tour version of Future)  somewhat remind me of the Hurricane album and makes me believe the possibilities of getting an M album like it isn't too far of a stretch in the future.

So, what is yours

Very good take. I love this album too.

I'd love her to do a jazz gospel album a la Kanye West, with Me'Shell Ndegeocello again and lots of female duets (not silly rap featurings). Mirwais involved, I always hope she makes house music with Miguel Migs and Dimitri from Paris. Maybe I'm a little too late, but she can still turn it into something fresh as she does.

6 hours ago, Prayer said:

Kelis, "Flesh Tone":

When the first news about "MDNA" started to come out (dance music, Benassi brothers, Jean-Baptiste as a co-writer), I always thought she was going in that direction. But I guess it wasn't commercial enough for what she was looking for ("Flesh Tone" flopped).

I loved Flesh Tone to bits when it first came out and still have a handful of songs on my workout playlist. 

3 hours ago, DickTracy said:

All Joe Henry errything. Joe Production, Joe Music, Joe Lyrics, Joe Duet. Joe session musicians, Joe legendary collaborators. Its time. 

I'm a bit unsure of who exactly you would like her to work with, could you be a bit more clear? :Madonna038:

4 hours ago, DickTracy said:

All Joe Henry errything. Joe Production, Joe Music, Joe Lyrics, Joe Duet. Joe session musicians, Joe legendary collaborators. Its time. 

Realistically to expect another disco-centric album seems unappealing. 

This I agree with.  Though, I won't scoff at her doing another disco album like Confessions.  But I've always loved all the songs she got from Joe Henry.  I'd love to hear something more like what he produces though from her. 

I think I'd too like her to make a rock album. Even when she sings old hits like Burning Up with her electric guitar they sound so much cooler. I'd be bored with another electronic or disco album and pissed with a hip hop record. However when it comes to the lyrics, I'd love me some honesty and details that make me feel like I know her, like she did in not so great songs like Mother and Father or I Don't Give A, only more tastefully done. I don't like her singing vaguely about love. Even Confessions doesn't feel so confessional lyrically. So yeah, rock album with personal lyrics and a variation of the way she uses her voice like she did with Madame X, save the heavy effects. An album I wouldn't wanna compare to anyone else's.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, Blue Prince said:

So yeah, rock album with personal lyrics and a variation of the way she uses her voice like she did with Madame X, save the heavy effects. An album I wouldn't wanna compare to anyone else's.

That sounds so cool, I’d love a rock album. Like @Enricosaid, something in the vein of Jagged Little Pill’s lyricism and sound could be so fitting for Madonna. 

Aw @Fighterthis is a wish thread u could say anything, really. Ya never know.

I wish Madonna would make an album where all of the singing is recorded backwards but structured to sound like actual words and when played forwards sounds like nonsense jibberish. She can sing a duet with a dolphin over banjos and trap beats. 

or Madonna should record a duet album with a K-pop band and release it in Asian market only, touring arenas and doing a greatest hits tour with the K-pop band as a co headliner and send us all into a frenzy over blocked and exclusive videos.

Its all as likely as that rock album I will forever Stan for. ????

Born to Die / Paradise - Lana Del Rey

Born This Way - Gaga

Walking on a Dream - Empire of the Sun

True - Avicii

Settle - Disclosure

Endless Summer / Kids - The Midnight
https://themidnight.bandcamp.com/album/endless-summer
https://themidnight.bandcamp.com/album/kids

Oracular Spectacular - MGMT

4 hours ago, DickTracy said:

Someone mentioned Robyn, it would be so nice if M did tracks or an album with some of her camp most notably Kindness. He can really put together a tight groove.

I'm a huge Robyn fan and my dream is for M to collaborate with her and her people some day. I think Robyn would be able to write some really good songs for her, she's very talented when it comes to creating melodies. "Honey" is such a fantastic and cohesive album.

I always felt like the unreleased RH track "Never Let You Go" had a strong Robyn vibe, does anyone here know who wrote it?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
11 minutes ago, Hydrangeas Up Your Ass said:

I'm a huge Robyn fan and my dream is for M to collaborate with her and her people some day. I think Robyn would be able to write some really good songs for her, she's very talented when it comes to creating melodies. "Honey" is such a fantastic and cohesive album.

I always felt like the unreleased RH track "Never Let You Go" had a strong Robyn vibe, does anyone here know who wrote it?

I don’t unfortunately, but I totally get what you mean. There’s so many sounds that could be really fitting for her! 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Going back to the “Hotspot” album by the Pet Shop Boys, I could totally picture Madonna singing something like this. Such a bold and cool retro disco sound that could definitely get a lot of people interested. Pet Shop Boys and Madonna have always spoke fondly each other, so it would be interesting to see them work together one day.

My dream would be a return to the melancholic songwriting showcased beautifully on 'Something to Remember'. A more simple and musical approach with her more expressive Karen Carpenter tones. I think the public would love to hear Madonna make love songs again and radio would be very receptive. Though she would probably vomit upon hearing this suggestion.

Or if she wants to continue to break new ground, collaboate with the likes of Acra where he left off with FKA Twigs. Go back to making the truly avant garde pop of ROL and Music - i'm always quite surprised she hasnt gone this route as it was made for her.

A return to the more R&B/techno dance vibes of the Erotica/BS era would also be a welcome move.