Album you wish Madonna would make?

Do you have any favorite album that you listen to that makes you wish Madonna would make something reminiscent of it? I'm not asking for just a genre nor a remake of a specific album, but an album that makes you go: "i wonder how Madonna's take on this concept and production would sound?"

Mine would be Grace Jones 2008 album "Hurricane". It's one of my all time favorites and 12 years later it still sounds fresh, bold and as inventive as ever. From the effortlessly cool tone-setting intro that is "This Is", to the dark, heavy and horror-esque "Corporate Cannibal", the album and the story it tells is perfectly curated. The albums lyrics are anecdotal, cleaver and to-the-point. The production is a bass heavy futuristic electronica blend with strong Reggae & RnB vibes. The more experimental songs of Madame X (DB, GC, KWAP,EO and even the tour version of Future)  somewhat remind me of the Hurricane album and makes me believe the possibilities of getting an M album like it isn't too far of a stretch in the future.

So, what is yours

Guest Nobody Knows Me
16 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Alanis' Jagged Little Pill. Religion, sex, family.

Good thinking! I’d love to see Madonna experiment with a rock sort of sound as well.

Mine would be Janet Jackson’s “The Velvet Rope”.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Such a great question and great answers! I'm going to say Donna Summer's Bad Girl's only because next I want a total feel good dance album (with a few ballads). Nothing political. Just full on dance and fun. 

I was debating putting “Bad Girls” as well, I could totally see Madonna pulling off a fun album like that. 

16 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Such a great question and great answers! I'm going to say Donna Summer's Bad Girl's only because next I want a total feel good dance album (with a few ballads). Nothing political. Just full on dance and fun. 

Yes! Fabulous album! I feel as if many songs from Hard Candy already have that sound: Beat Goes On (contains elements inspired by Bad Girls) , She's Not Me, Dance 2 Night, Give It 2 Me and even Ring My Bell. 

13 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

Literally anything by Massive Attack. I wish Madonna had delved into this genre more, it sounds great with her voice

"I Want You" is one of her most powerful ballads. I'd die and go to heaven if we got more of that sound from her. 

Edited by Hydrangeas Up Your Ass (see edit history)

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, Hydrangeas Up Your Ass said:

"I Want You" is one of her most powerful ballads. I'd die and go to heaven if we got more of that sound from her. 

A full-length trip hop album would be fantastic. 

Hotspot, the latest album by the Pet Shop Boys, produced by Stuart Price: Cool disco bangers and atmospheric pop songs. It sounds a like a bold and updated contemporary COADF followup. Less experimental than MX, much more commercial and an instant classic. With some lyrical changes it could've been a new Madonna album.

Edited by Levon (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Levon said:

Hotspot, the latest album by the Pet Shop Boys, produced by Stuart Price: Cool disco bangers and atmospheric pop songs. It sounds a like a bold and updated contemporary COADF followup. Less experimental than MX, much more commercial and an instant classic. With some lyrical changes it could've been a new Madonna album.

I would love this too!!!

Guest Nobody Knows Me
40 minutes ago, Levon said:

That would have been amazing.
Praying that she’ll go in this sort of direction for the next album! 

1 hour ago, Levon said:

I had no idea this album existed, giving it a listen now. Thanks for the tip! 

Kelis, "Flesh Tone":

51+TmS-7NkL._SY355_.jpg

When the first news about "MDNA" started to come out (dance music, Benassi brothers, Jean-Baptiste as a co-writer), I always thought she was going in that direction. But I guess it wasn't commercial enough for what she was looking for ("Flesh Tone" flopped).

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 minutes ago, louis.exe said:

I'd love if she did something like Blackout by Britney Spears or maybe something like Massive Attacks first 3 albums

britney spears pizza GIF

An album in the vein of “Blackout” or Kelis’s “Flesh Tone,” as mentioned earlier, sounds like something I’d love.
As for Massive Attack, a trip hop album would also be brilliant. I Want You is easily one of my favourite Madonna ballads. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Actually, "Revolver" was 100% the "Blackout" sound. I like it for what it is (though the final mix could be better) but I don't know about a full album like that.

I always enjoyed Revolver to be honest, and The MDNA Tour performance with “WHAT’S UP MIAMI” will forever be iconic.