Question about LAP

Fabiolous

"The cover art features hippy beads and her crotch in jeans. This image is a nod to her mother, a devout Catholic of French-Canadian stock, who covered up their Sacred Heart statue when a woman came round the house wearing zip-up jeans." 

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2019/mar/30/we-argued-a-lot-inside-the-making-of-madonna-stormy-divorce-album

Do we have a source for this?? 

3 hours ago, I don't search I find said:

"The cover art features hippy beads and her crotch in jeans. This image is a nod to her mother, a devout Catholic of French-Canadian stock, who covered up their Sacred Heart statue when a woman came round the house wearing zip-up jeans." 

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2019/mar/30/we-argued-a-lot-inside-the-making-of-madonna-stormy-divorce-album

Do we have a source for this?? 

Well The Guardian looks like a pretty reliable source per se.

I recall reading the album cover, as well as the Express Yourself zipper sleeve, being a humourous response to the 1971 sleeve for Sticky Fingers by the Rolling Stones, shot by Andy Warhol. Something along the lines of "if a man can do it, why can't I?"

P.S. - notice where the "O" in Madonna is placed on the Express Yourself sleeve :O 

jeans.jpg

22 hours ago, PatrickSamuel said:

I recall reading the album cover, as well as the Express Yourself zipper sleeve, being a humourous response to the 1971 sleeve for Sticky Fingers by the Rolling Stones, shot by Andy Warhol. Something along the lines of "if a man can do it, why can't I?"

P.S. - notice where the "O" in Madonna is placed on the Express Yourself sleeve :O 

jeans.jpg

Belly Button Power