Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

Guest Nobody Knows Me
12 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Me too! I suggested a 2-dvd edition: 1 full show and 2 doc with backstage!

Disc 3: Madame X in Quarantine Diary Entries

27 minutes ago, I don't search I find said:

Ricardo is just a photographer. He doesn't have anything to do with the editing of the concert 

That is why I am full of doubts. A photographer turned into filmmaker.

He filmed many extracts of the tour. He filmed the whole backstage. He's filming Madonna's Quarantine. He posts everything on her IG. He answers questions about the dvd release. I hope you are right and he's not involved but things look different.

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

That is why I am full of doubts. A photographer turned into filmmaker.

He filmed many extracts of the tour. He filmed the whole backstage. He's filming Madonna's Quarantine. He posts everything on her IG. He answers questions about the dvd release. I hope you are right and he's not involved but things look different.

A lot of photographers have done films/videos.  Remember Herb Ritts who ended up doing a lot of fantastic videos for a number artists, including Madonna.

Stanley Kubrick, who is known for 2001: A Space Odyssey and The Shining, among several others.  Other known filmmakers like Spike Jonze, Ken Russell, and Gordon Parks just to name a few.  

With a photographer, most have a better feel of what needs to be shot and how. 

On 3/17/2020 at 6:03 PM, Nobody Knows Me said:

Confessions Tour was filmed and edited primarily by Jonas Åkerlund though. Danny Tull was involved but Jonas was director and an editor. 

and to be fair, CT editing and sound post production with crowds cheering going in and out was not a great "live experience" video either. Way too over-post-produced.

Give me a fkn Girlie Show show any day of the week :)

2 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

and to be fair, CT editing and sound post production with crowds cheering going in and out was not a great "live experience" video either. Way too over-post-produced.

I agree Girlie Show was great "Live", but at least with Confessions it was mixed so we really felt like it all was vocally live. It's been a while since I watch the whole tour, but I don't recall hearing her singing over backing tracks like on the last several tours. My fear with Madame X is the vocal effects on some of the songs will just sound pretty awful.  From the little I have heard so far, some of the songs do not sound good live with all those vocal effects she's put on the mic. So yeah, I look forward her to tour much like she did with Girlie Show when it comes to her live vocals because for the most part it was live and she actually sounded great.

1 hour ago, DaddyZ said:

We were lucky that they couldn't film GS properly because of the storm and so they only had the rehearsal footage! :devil:

I remember clearly that morning when we were supposed to see it live from Sydney on pay tv here in Italy and they announced something was wrong and they couldn't broadcast the concert. It was very hard to find someone who had Sky tv at the time and was at home in the morning!

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic