Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

7 hours ago, MarXus said:

I agree Girlie Show was great "Live", but at least with Confessions it was mixed so we really felt like it all was vocally live. It's been a while since I watch the whole tour, but I don't recall hearing her singing over backing tracks like on the last several tours. My fear with Madame X is the vocal effects on some of the songs will just sound pretty awful.  From the little I have heard so far, some of the songs do not sound good live with all those vocal effects she's put on the mic. So yeah, I look forward her to tour much like she did with Girlie Show when it comes to her live vocals because for the most part it was live and she actually sounded great.

We thought the same on RHT and the result was way less terrible then expected. Besides some obvious mishaps like LAV, the vocal mix on that tour sounded pretty passable

1 hour ago, felipe929 said:

We thought the same on RHT and the result was way less terrible then expected. Besides some obvious mishaps like LAV, the vocal mix on that tour sounded pretty passable

Oh, I agree RHT is far better than MDNA Tour.  Still, you can hear the backing tracks.  Even Sticky and Sweet wasn't so bad.

9 hours ago, DaddyZ said:

and to be fair, CT editing and sound post production with crowds cheering going in and out was not a great "live experience" video either. Way too over-post-produced.

Give me a fkn Girlie Show show any day of the week :)

Really? Because I find the VHS and DVD of "Live Down Under" to have a LOT of crowd sweetening audio, especially the first 45 minutes or so.  I was obsessed with this tour for many years, so please, don't take this as a negative comment.
The original HBO Broadcast version is the exact same show, but the audio seems way more alive without the added screams. I'm not sure if it was her headset. but when she used it, it was way more in front of the mix.

5 hours ago, CYSMM said:

That's why I have a feeling it will end up as the Re-Invention... She won't be satisfied and we'll wait and hope for decades for collector boxes  :cry:

Why?  Just because it happened during the RIT, doesn't mean it's going to happen now?  And personally, I don't believe it has much to do with her not being satisfied rather the fact, she released a documentary featuring much of the show.

Since then, she's released every tour after. She'll do it again with Madame X.  Two nights (and who knows how much more was filmed without our knowledge) is sufficient enough to edit a perfect show. It'll happen and I'm sure sooner than most are predicting! 

36 minutes ago, madenis said:

It's funny because it's like a circle.

Each tour, some expects the show not being filmed

Each tour, after being filmed, some expects the show not to be released because Madonna would not be satisfied

Exactly, it's much like this tour.  She cancelled many shows mostly due to her injury.  And while that may got to be a bit of a norm for this tour, it's not for Madonna and touring.  I feel some fans seem to put too much emphasis on the negative or things that didn't turn out the way they wanted it, making as if this is normal for Madonna. Just because she didn't end up releasing RIT doesn't mean it's the norm.  And it's not true since we've gotten tour release for every tour after RIT. 

There is no way she's going to let this one get by without being a release. She wants people to see this.  While it may not turned out to be the great tour she wanted to, you can bet the film will portray the exact opposite.

1 hour ago, MarXus said:

Exactamente, es muy parecido a esta gira. Ella canceló muchos shows principalmente debido a su lesión. Y si bien puede ser una norma para esta gira, no es para Madonna y las giras. Siento que algunos fanáticos parecen poner demasiado énfasis en lo negativo o las cosas que no resultaron como lo querían, haciendo que esto sea normal para Madonna. Solo porque no terminó lanzando RIT no significa que sea la norma. Y no es cierto ya que obtuvimos el lanzamiento de la gira para cada gira después de RIT. 

No hay forma de que deje que esto pase sin ser una liberación. Ella quiere que la gente vea esto. Si bien puede que no sea la gran gira que quería, puede apostar que la película retratará exactamente lo contrario.

I totally agree with you ... I find it absurd that they continue with that mentality that she is not happy with the recording, it is a show that she wants the world to see ... RT is something else and she released a documentary so wait Madame ✖️ live ""

3 hours ago, madenis said:

It's funny because it's like a circle.

Each tour, some expects the show not being filmed

Each tour, after being filmed, some expects the show not to be released because Madonna would not be satisfied

And every time we complain about the editing.

Madonna fans are one of a kind, aren't we?

:bothered:

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I only thought the editing deteriorated on The MDNA Tour and the Rebel Heart Tour. Prior to that I enjoyed every tour recording and thought they were done brilliantly. 

15 minutes ago, madgefan said:

And every time we complain about the editing.

Madonna fans are one of a kind, aren't we?

:bothered:

I guarantee it.  It'll happen or if some part of the show like Papa Don't Preach wasn't added there will be complaints.  It's such a small significance of the show.  It doesn't change the fact that I'm still going to enjoy it.  The only time I was ever disappointed about something of a Madonna tour and I'm still baffled about is the exclusion of Love Don't Live Here Anymore on the RHT.  But there must have been a good reason she left it out.  At the end of the day, it doesn't change how great the show is still.  I guess that I try not to expect so much, and just enjoy what is given to us.  Many entertainers are lucky to be where Madonna is still today, still entertaining and making new music.  And as much as I love to see her perform her older stuff, I'm all for her loading her tours up with the new music.  And why can't she? Is her tour!  It's her career.  It's her life.  I don't see her suffering over it. 

34 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I guarantee it.  It'll happen or if some part of the show like Papa Don't Preach wasn't added there will be complaints.  It's such a small significance of the show.  It doesn't change the fact that I'm still going to enjoy it.  The only time I was ever disappointed about something of a Madonna tour and I'm still baffled about is the exclusion of Love Don't Live Here Anymore on the RHT.  But there must have been a good reason she left it out.  At the end of the day, it doesn't change how great the show is still.  I guess that I try not to expect so much, and just enjoy what is given to us.  Many entertainers are lucky to be where Madonna is still today, still entertaining and making new music.  And as much as I love to see her perform her older stuff, I'm all for her loading her tours up with the new music.  And why can't she? Is her tour!  It's her career.  It's her life.  I don't see her suffering over it. 

From what I understand, the reason why LDLHA was not included in the dvd release was due to licensing. The song is a cover from Rose Royce (they also sang Carwash).  For whatever reason, they chose to not let it be included. Big mistake in my opinion. 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic