Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

5 minutes ago, boytoy77 said:

From what I understand, the reason why LDLHA was not included in the dvd release was due to licensing. The song is a cover from Rose Royce (they also sang Carwash).  For whatever reason, they chose to not let it be included. Big mistake in my opinion. 

I've heard that as well.  And it's quite possible that she had no choice.  Some artists totally refuse to let others use their work.  Or possibly, it was too rich for their blood to use a small excerpt. 

4 hours ago, madenis said:

It's funny because it's like a circle.

Each tour, some expects the show not being filmed

Each tour, after being filmed, some expects the show not to be released because Madonna would not be satisfied

Es que el caso del Re-Invention Tour nos dejó traumados a varios de nosotros ?

28 minutes ago, Monsieur Hugo X said:

Es que el caso del Re-Invention Tour nos dejó traumados a varios de nosotros ?

But that's five tours ago.  How can you still be worried about it, when she's released 4 tours to DVD since then.  I don't get why fans are taking one event that happened eras ago, and making like it's something normal from her not to release a tour to DVD? 

28 minutes ago, MarXus said:

But that's five tours ago.  How can you still be worried about it, when she's released 4 tours to DVD since then.  I don't get why fans are taking one event that happened eras ago, and making like it's something normal from her not to release a tour to DVD? 

Es que siempre veo que varios fans tienen ese miedo de que a Madonna no le guste el resultado del show completo editado plenamente y que lo descarte y termine lanzando un documental como hizo con el IGTTYAS porque Madonna es impredecible. 

1 hour ago, Monsieur Hugo X said:

Es que siempre veo que varios fans tienen ese miedo de que a Madonna no le guste el resultado del show completo editado plenamente y que lo descarte y termine lanzando un documental como hizo con el IGTTYAS porque Madonna es impredecible. 

Why are you posting in a different language when you've been known to post in English?

Regarding your argument, she's only made two documentaries out of 11 tours.  That leaves 9 that were released in full. Why are you or anyone else freaking out over this?  You know, two of the shows were filmed!  Besides, it's not like you can't watch the other two in full on the internet. BA actually did get a full concert release. Unfortunately, it's not on a format people use anymore. Still, both concerts are easily accessible on the internet in pretty good quality.  Many people have shared the full concerts of both RIT and BA, so at this point, I am not sure what you are worried about?  Even if this ends up being a documentary only, which it won't, the full filmed show will find it's way to Madonna's hands.  It's weird how some keep acting this same way, when the last 4 tours have been released in full.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I remember reading the plan for RIT was to be released post the documentary but it overlapped into the Confessions era by that point and you have the issues of her not liking the filmed show etc. We may never know.

They did post on her website it would be released individually and she also said they were working on a box of all the tours, but I suppose that tied into the scrapped 20th anniversary box set they had planned as well. Perhaps they thought after a few years it wouldn’t get enough attention, who knows with her team :Madonna033:

1 hour ago, MarXus said:

Why are you posting in a different language when you've been known to post in English?

Porque quiero y porque puedo ? no seas racista porque simplemente quiero expresarme en mi lengua natal ? #ExpresateNoTeReprimas ???

P. D.: Si no te gusta o entiendes lo que digo fácil mi amor está el traductor de Google ?

47 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

They did post on her website it would be released individually and she also said they were working on a box of all the tours, but I suppose that tied into the scrapped 20th anniversary box set they had planned as well. Perhaps they thought after a few years it wouldn’t get enough attention, who knows with her team :Madonna033:

This was a Caressse Henry project which got shut down when she was fired.  The reasons for her firing and her suicide is all speculation and unknown.  You're putting too much faith in what was actually completed versus what was just talk. No matter, it's the past!  You're never going to be happy if you keep trying to revive what never transpired.  As Madonna sang:

Not everyone is coming to the future
Not everyone is coming from the past
Not everyone can come into the future
Not everyone that's here is gonna last (gonna last)

Guest Nobody Knows Me
8 hours ago, MarXus said:

You're putting too much faith in what was actually completed versus what was just talk. No matter, it's the past!  You're never going to be happy if you keep trying to revive what never transpired.  As Madonna sang:

That’s not what I’m doing. I know it was a Caresse project, I know why it was scrapped, and I was literally just speculating why they cancelled the RIT DVD. Is that really so wrong for me to do on a Madonna forum?  If I want to talk about something in the past, I will. 

11 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

10 hours ago, MarXus said:

This was a Caressse Henry project which got shut down when she was fired.  The reasons for her firing and her suicide is all speculation and unknown.  You're putting too much faith in what was actually completed versus what was just talk. No matter, it's the past!  You're never going to be happy if you keep trying to revive what never transpired.  As Madonna sang:

It wasn’t cancelled cause she got fired. It got cancelled because of the low sales of American Life. She tried to make up for it by putting out Remixed and Revisited, and that Icon NKM book.

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

It wasn’t cancelled cause she got fired. It got cancelled because of the low sales of American Life. She tried to make up for it by putting out Remixed and Revisited, and that Icon NKM book.

Does anyone really know the true reasoning? She was at the helm of the project. I would think a box set that encompassed her whole career would sell better, then just an EP of remixed songs and a book?  Actually, the box set probably would have sold more, especially if it included what was speculated in it such as Tours up to that point we were missing on home video.

Anyway, it's the past.  It's fun to talk about the past, but not if one is so fixated on it, and looking to doubt Madonna over it.  Peace to all!  We need it in these dark times.

14 hours ago, MarXus said:

The lyric is..

"Not everyone is learning from he past"

Which would imply we need to study the past to make better decisions of how to navigate the present. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
48 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

The lyric is..

Which would imply we need to study the past to make better decisions of how to navigate the present. 

Exactly! :Madonna018:

1 hour ago, RUADJAI said:

The lyric is..

Is it? :lol:

The lyrics I posted aren't incorrect.  But you're right I should have used more of the song to make my point.  "Not everyone is learning from the past". 

And the past has shown she's released 4 DVD tours since RIT, so it seems odd to think it won't happen this time.  Anyway, we're just sharing our opinions here.  Thanks for the fun conversation. :)

As brief as this era has been, it makes me wonder if it gets another bit of a relaunch in a couple of months. As flawed as this era has been, the MX album is still somewhat marketable. The best parts of the tour were the playful moments and her sincerity in her performances of the MX songs, except maybe Crave. But THAT is another story. It's like Ghosttown not being a regular song on the RHT setlist. 
IF there's anyone around her that's smart, or if she wants to retain interest in this era coming...ugh, full circle, she should release 'Crazy'' as a live video single (ala 'Like A Virgin' from ToD on MTV) and a "radio remix" to radio/streaming. 

Madame X is:

A saint,

A sinner, 

and, 

A feisty old broad. 

Voce nao vai me por tao lo-o-o-ouca

Voce nao vai me por tao louca. 

I'm convinced that she will again tour with intimate venue. Because it will be difficult in the future to fill arenas, even for her. But with only 3 to 5 shows per city and because she loved it (well not the fact that she had to to so many shows in oftenly short time)

So many markets she didn't tour this time (South America, Italy/Spain, western europe, Asia etc... ) and she will be able to still tour London, Paris and some american cities of course.

Is there a possibility that she does a second leg of the Madame X Tour ? I hope not, but it would be only fair for so many conuntries/cities.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, Mister_Pop said:

I'm convinced that she will again tour with intimate venue. Because it will be difficult in the future to fill arenas, even for her. But with only 3 to 5 shows per city and because she loved it (well not the fact that she had to to so many shows in oftenly short time)

So many markets she didn't tour this time (South America, Italy/Spain, western europe, Asia etc... ) and she will be able to still tour London, Paris and some american cities of course.

Is there a possibility that she does a second leg of the Madame X Tour ? I hope not, but it would be only fair for so many conuntries/cities.

I don’t have any problem with her performing in small venues again for a future tour, if that were to happen, however my issue at times with the Madame X Tour is it felt more like a cheaper scaled-down version of her arena shows. So, if she were to do theatres again, it’d be cool to see a more theatrical approach or a more intimate and Anti Tour sort of approach. 

Honestly though, if she does continue touring, I expect she’ll just wait a few years and announce an arena tour. If she does though, I imagine it’ll take a more Re-Invention World Tour approach with more of the hits. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
3 hours ago, Monsieur Hugo X said:

I really want that she does a stadium tour for just 50 dates like Taylor Swift's reputation Stadium Tour. 

That would be amazing! I would love to see that. I do think it would have to be promoted as a more hits-heavy tour though for her to sell an all-stadium tour now. 

If she does want to continue performing in small venues though, I’d love a show in the vein of the acoustic section on the Re-Invention World Tour. It’s one of my favourite acts and it’d be great if she did some one-off acoustic shows of some fan favourite songs. 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic