Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

Give me an arena or a small theater experience over a stadium.  You won't be able to see much at a stadium.  And there would just be way too many people to really enjoy it.  Though, I don't think she could really pull off that many stadium shows.  Possibly a few key locations. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I agree that seeing less is a big disadvantage when it comes to stadium tours, but I love them for the big production and energy spectacles that they usually are. Madonna’s stadium shows have all been fantastic based on what I’ve seen on DVD, and I’d love to experience one in person, so I would be excited if she ever did announce a stadium tour.

That said, it is unlikely she will ever do an all-stadium tour now. If there’s another tour, it will most likely be arenas. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
18 minutes ago, madgefan said:

Considering the times we're living right now where most people are expected to be isolated and not sharing a room with more than 2 or 5 individuals...

You guys are seriously delusional :bothered:Sad you didn't get to thoroughly enjoy the Madame X Tour since it could easily be her last one.

Literally at what point did anyone say we’d like a stadium tour now? How is it delusional to simply say it’d be great to see a stadium tour in the future, perhaps when all of this calms down? Nobody is being delusional, just sharing thoughts :nope:

It's delusional to think she'll sell out a stadium tour again after her behavior this tour and the way she flat out wasted fans' money instead of just sitting and singing time after time.  There was nothing wrong with her voice.

Anyway, she was never going to do another stadium tour ever again after MDNA and she got sick performing outdoors in all the rain and other inclement weather.

Just now, Nobody Knows Me said:

Literally at what point did anyone say we’d like a stadium tour now? How is it delusional to simply say it’d be great to see a stadium tour in the future, perhaps when all of this calms down? Nobody is being delusional, just sharing thoughts :nope:

I must have been reading a different board all these months then. My bad.

#sorry

:Madonna003:

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, madgefan said:

I must have been reading a different board all these months then. My bad.

#sorry

:Madonna003:

All these months? So if we’re going back months then I’m presuming this means prior to the virus outbreak you were referring to earlier?

Yeah, some fans prefer stadiums. Others prefer arenas. Others prefer theatres. This is the point of a forum, to discuss and share different opinions. Not to call people delusional in saying they prefer something else or weren’t all that fond of the Madame X Tour. Nobody asked for a stadium tour in the middle of a virus outbreak.

10 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

All these months? So if we’re going back months then I’m presuming this means prior to the virus outbreak you were referring to earlier?

Yeah, some fans prefer stadiums. Others prefer arenas. Others prefer theatres. This is the point of a forum, to discuss and share different opinions. Not to call people delusional in saying they prefer something else or weren’t all that fond of the Madame X Tour. Nobody asked for a stadium tour in the middle of a virus outbreak.

:08:

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 minutes ago, MarXus said:

What's interesting is that I've read some think she won't be able to sell out in arenas (which I don't believe), yet want a stadium tour.  :Madonna034: 

Well I think she can still sell arenas (it’s Madonna at the end of the day) but I suppose there’s wanting a stadium tour and then realistically thinking she can do one now. I’d like one, but I don’t think she’d sell out a stadium tour anymore. 
I like stadiums for the energy and the production value, but I love arenas just as much for better vision and more of an intimate vibe, so I’d be just as happy buying tickets for that. 

She could easily sell out stadiums if she announces a farewell tour at some point and doesn’t make 17 dates per city, but rather only one and adds shows according to demand. She can even go for an arena and have a very similar production value to a stadium.

Also, nobody is expecting a stadium tour tomorrow, so then whole “tour in the middle of a pandemic and her injury” argument is laughable really, because we most definitely won’t see any new studio album or tour from her before 2022 at the earliest.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

This is Madonna we’re talking about. She can very easily sell an arena tour. 

3 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Also, nobody is expecting a stadium tour tomorrow, so then whole “tour in the middle of a pandemic and her injury” argument is laughable really, because we most definitely won’t see any new studio album or tour from her before 2022 at the earliest.

Exactly. 

20 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

This is Madonna we’re talking about. She can very easily sell an arena tour. 

Exactly. 

I mean if Cher is still making arena tours at 73 and she doesn’t do that much dancing and theatrics, than so can Madonna. I don’t know why everyone’s acting like Madonna’s standards suddenly cannot rise above a theater. Look at Gaga for example, she announced a stadium tour of only 6 dates and more can be added upon request. Madonna can do the same.

On 3/20/2020 at 9:59 PM, boytoy77 said:

From what I understand, the reason why LDLHA was not included in the dvd release was due to licensing. The song is a cover from Rose Royce (they also sang Carwash).  For whatever reason, they chose to not let it be included. Big mistake in my opinion. 

I’m guessing the rights were more expensive than la vie en rose , disco inferno and I feel love then ? She managed to include those in her other tour dvds - personally I think she cut the song because she didn’t like her vocals on it ? ?

5 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

First perfumes, clothing lines, gyms, and face care... NOW she’s selling whole stadiums and arenas?!?! She really is the material girl.

:Madonna032:

can i go outside now? 

outside, yes you can.  Just avoid people.  People think they must be held up in their house when they can go for a walk, bike ride or run.  You have more chance of catching someone just going to the grocery store at this point. 

As for the Stadium/arena talk, I think most of us were talking her going on tour in general, not in the middle of a pandemic.  If we are looking beyond, I do think she can still sell out arenas and even some stadiums.  But thinking she can put on a tour at 50 stadiums or more is totally unrealistic. 

6 hours ago, steady75 said:

Lol

if Cher can sell out arenas and Kylie can... Madonna is more than capable. This thread!!!!

Are they still selling out arenas? I don't think their ticket prices are the same as Madonna's. I remember Kylie's Aphrodite was discounted back in 2011, I already purchased my ticket and ticketmaster called me 3 weeks prior if I wanted to upgrade my seats or accept the discount and get some money back since the tour wasn't sold out. Of course I presume the euro leg of the tour had sold out dates, but some artist struggle to sell out here in North America.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
3 minutes ago, Piksel8 said:

Are they still selling out arenas? I don't think their ticket prices are the same as Madonna's. I remember Kylie's Aphrodite was discounted back in 2011, I already purchased my ticket and ticketmaster called me 3 weeks prior if I wanted to upgrade my seats or accept the discount and get some money back since the tour wasn't sold out. Of course I presume the euro leg of the tour had sold out dates, but some artist struggle to sell out here in North America.

Cher and Kylie are both still selling out arenas. Perhaps not every single date, but they’re still doing great. Madonna is on another level of acclaim though, and she’s managed to sell out entirely (I think?) on MDNA, RHT and MX so she would still do great on another arena tour. It’s Madonna!

:jumpy:

20 minutes ago, Piksel8 said:

Well, of course Madonna will need to start reducing her ticket prices if she plans to do another huge tour in arenas and stadiums.  Though, if she does a limited setting, then she may get away with higher ticket prices.  But she will sell out at arenas if she brings the price down and perform more of her back catalog. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, MarXus said:

But she will sell out at arenas if she brings the price down and perform more of her back catalog. 

Hopefully this will be the case with the next tour! 

2 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Hopefully this will be the case with the next tour! 

She'll still do well even if she has higher ticket prices and sticks to doing more from the current album.  That's who she is, so it's weird how some fans are acting like she needs to stop performing so many new songs.  All her tours have been this way. 

Though, I do agree performing more of a Greatest Hits tour will be a huge draw for her at some point in her career.  Though, it's not like she has a lot of years to wait to do this.  The sooner the better as I believe it will revitalize her career more.  Her fanbase is getting older.  The general public who is still interested in her are older, so it makes sense to pay more attention to her back catalog at this point. 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic