Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, deathproof said:

It’s gonna be some time till her next tour. With Coronavirus, add an additional 3-4 yrs, just so everyone can catch up financially.

By the time everything clears up, no ones gonna want to spend money on concert tickets.

Yeah, it will be a long time before another tour. She could label it a big ‘comeback’ type tour though like DWT if she waits a while. 

8 minutes ago, Adjames said:

Even if every show wasn’t filmed would the soundboard of each show have been recorded? 

Yes.

But what we on this forum and in the M community call a soundboard recording isn't of a high enough quality for a professional release.

Professional releases come from MULTI TRACK recordings where every part of the live sound  is recorded on a different track and then pieces together, like the stems they make an album from... so each instrument, vocalist, different aspects of the audience etc... incidentally this is done via the soundboard but isn't what has ever leaked in Ms case.

'soundboard' recordings that leak every so often are quick, rubbish quality professional recordings that are basic two track stereo, and sound often very unforgiving unless the singer is absolutely incredible.  These are what we often see.

45 minutes ago, scion said:

Yes.

But what we on this forum and in the M community call a soundboard recording isn't of a high enough quality for a professional release.

Professional releases come from MULTI TRACK recordings where every part of the live sound  is recorded on a different track and then pieces together, like the stems they make an album from... so each instrument, vocalist, different aspects of the audience etc... incidentally this is done via the soundboard but isn't what has ever leaked in Ms case.

'soundboard' recordings that leak every so often are quick, rubbish quality professional recordings that are basic two track stereo, and sound often very unforgiving unless the singer is absolutely incredible.  These are what we often see.

And also you are basing this theory on the lack of live sound on this tour ? Wasn’t it predominantly backing tracks again ? That to me is the worst thing about her tours - I thought she was going to back to her old days and get proper musicians and singers ? We could create most i this tour from the album anyway ?

56 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

And also you are basing this theory on the lack of live sound on this tour ? Wasn’t it predominantly backing tracks again ? That to me is the worst thing about her tours - I thought she was going to back to her old days and get proper musicians and singers ? We could create most i this tour from the album anyway ?

it sounds like there is no backing track used for this tour. the Mdna Tour also didn't have a backing track, only the RHT.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, Synchrone said:

Or go to a concert! I’m so down for a livestream show. A lot of artists are doing that now I hope she does one too

It would be really cool if she hired an arena or theatre somewhere and put on her big spectacle on live stream. 

18 hours ago, stancherry said:

it sounds like there is no backing track used for this tour. the Mdna Tour also didn't have a backing track, only the RHT.

There was tracks used to beef up the live sound of the band on every tour she's done. The last time we had a live sound on tour was 1993... not sure where you get the idea that the MDNA tour wasn't track based!

Those days are gone.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
28 minutes ago, Ian said:

in this day and age I would love a 4k release too :scary::silly:

In this day and age her team should be getting her videos uploaded to YouTube in 4K. I saw one for Hung Up and it was so fantastic to see. 

22 hours ago, scion said:

Yes.

What an excellent explanation of something which I know nothing about. Thanks 

On 3/24/2020 at 7:14 AM, scion said:

Yes.

So true. Although the full multi track sound board recording of Live Earth is and has been doing the rounds for years. I think it's 92 tracks by memory. 

On 3/19/2020 at 10:13 PM, boytoy77 said:

Really? Because I find the VHS and DVD of "Live Down Under" to have a LOT of crowd sweetening audio, especially the first 45 minutes or so.  I was obsessed with this tour for many years, so please, don't take this as a negative comment.
The original HBO Broadcast version is the exact same show, but the audio seems way more alive without the added screams. I'm not sure if it was her headset. but when she used it, it was way more in front of the mix.

ya. same. was obsessed with it back then as well and agree, the HBO broadcast is the best live audio. If you have a proper digital version of it, I would loooove it. The DVD sound mixing is so muted in parts (e.g. the guitar riffs on JML etc) and the crowd noise tempering. I id pull the stereo sound from the broadcast back then on tape.

@scionin this forum or in general, as far as you (or anyone else know), how many soundboard leaked online from the new tours? Let's say from 2001 to today. 
I've been following everything constantly for years and so far we have the RH from Tokyo (2 nights, great in-ear sound), a bit of the Lisbon and Athens  show from the Sticky, 2-3 tracks from the second night of the RIT in Lisbon, 2 tracks from Rome from the CT and the rough audio from Miami, as well as 2-3 tracks from the MDNA in Argentina. I'm not counting the MDNA At Olympia special because I literally hate it. I love Masterpiece and Beautiful Killer live but the rest is not my favourite block from the MDNA haha 

So from what I know is out there, there are no leaked recordings of DWT easily circulating, although I've heard unsubstantiated rumours, there's a fully finished RIT recording for the DVD audio that never leaked (the 2010 leak isn't the finished DVD, if just jumbotron footage)... CT Rome had 3 songs leaked, I've heard rumours of other shows, I know a few different shows of S&S round 2 are in collectors hands from what I've read, and I've no idea about later tours except the obvious mentioned above x

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic