Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

5 hours ago, DaddyZ said:

ya. same. was obsessed with it back then as well and agree, the HBO broadcast is the best live audio. If you have a proper digital version of it, I would loooove it. The DVD sound mixing is so muted in parts (e.g. the guitar riffs on JML etc) and the crowd noise tempering. I id pull the stereo sound from the broadcast back then on tape.

HBO broadcast of DWT is like this too.

1 hour ago, scion said:

So from what I know is out there, there are no leaked recordings of DWT easily circulating, although I've heard unsubstantiated rumours, there's a fully finished RIT recording for the DVD audio that never leaked (the 2010 leak isn't the finished DVD, if just jumbotron footage)... CT Rome had 3 songs leaked, I've heard rumours of other shows, I know a few different shows of S&S round 2 are in collectors hands from what I've read, and I've no idea about later tours except the obvious mentioned above x

I've heard that there's a soundboard recording of one DWT LA circulating... And what about the CD Bootleg called: "Lick Me Down Under" I heard that on this CD there's a full digital copy of the HBO Broadcast of Girlie Show Sydney ?

9 hours ago, DaddyZ said:

ya. same. was obsessed with it back then as well and agree, the HBO broadcast is the best live audio. If you have a proper digital version of it, I would loooove it. The DVD sound mixing is so muted in parts (e.g. the guitar riffs on JML etc) and the crowd noise tempering. I id pull the stereo sound from the broadcast back then on tape.

I absolutely agree with your points. I didn't like that they changed the audio on the "Bye Bye Baby" performance.  It was just like the album vocal (telephone voice) before they changed it for the official release.  A lot of sounds in Vogue are muted, too.  Actually, I do have it somewhere in my archives.  The DWT one, too. 

18 minutes ago, boytoy77 said:

I absolutely agree with your points. I didn't like that they changed the audio on the "Bye Bye Baby" performance.  It was just like the album vocal (telephone voice) before they changed it for the official release.  A lot of sounds in Vogue are muted, too.  Actually, I do have it somewhere in my archives.  The DWT one, too. 

Can you share them please? 

On 3/23/2020 at 1:18 PM, RinoTheBouncer said:

I mean if Cher is still making arena tours at 73 and she doesn’t do that much dancing and theatrics, than so can Madonna. I don’t know why everyone’s acting like Madonna’s standards suddenly cannot rise above a theater. Look at Gaga for example, she announced a stadium tour of only 6 dates and more can be added upon request. Madonna can do the same.

It is because Cher sings her hits. To sell arena you need the GP. Madonna refuses to to this. VERY simple.

1 hour ago, Bat-Fan said:

It is because Cher sings her hits. To sell arena you need the GP. Madonna refuses to to this. VERY simple.

Cher's a novelty act, singing mostly off the same hit songs or other novelty hits songs that aren't even written by her. If you look at her past 5 tours, they comprise of all the same songs, give or take few newer songs which again isn't original material from her.  When Madonna tours, it's always based off a new album of original material.  Madonna has always toured off her latest release.  The big difference between her earlier tours and now is that she tours more often, after each album release. She's done this since Music.  But again, she releases new and original music for each tour she goes on. Cher doesn't and that's why she relies heavily on her back catalog.  Even her latest tour, was based on an ABBA covers album and even then, she only sung a few tracks off of that album, while the rest of the show duplicated previous tours. Even her Farewell tour went on for three years and the setlist never changed much.  There is no way Madonna would ever tour that long, where the tour set list is pretty much the same from the previous tour. 

And this is why if and when she ever does a Greatest Hits tour, it will most likely be a huge success because she will do it once and it probably will be her farewell.   

On 3/24/2020 at 5:34 PM, Nobody Knows Me said:

Ahh! The memories. It was 2005. There was no corona virus and every Saturday night was a party! I hope all the shit going on the world right now inspires her to create  something uplifting, energetic and fun. God knows, we all need our spirits raised right now. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 minutes ago, tajybajyboo said:

Ahh! The memories. It was 2005. There was no corona virus and every Saturday night was a party! I hope all the shit going on the world right now inspires her to create  something uplifting, energetic and fun. God knows, we all need our spirits raised right now. 

So true! 

1 hour ago, tajybajyboo said:

I hope so too!!! 

2 hours ago, tajybajyboo said:

Medellin was and still is for me uplifting energetic and fun. It seems I will never grow tired of that song, purely magical... But maybe only for me, the general public and many fans wants Hung Up again, because it was a magical + year-end era. You know that will never happen, it would be uplifting energetic and fun, but certainly not Hung Up again.

And when you thing about it, if you compare to other pop artists, it's incredible how Madonna never repeats herself. Each single seems to be unique in her catalogue. That is also the kind of respect she has for herself, her art and her fans too. Always evolving to keep a real interest and be upgrading pop.

3 minutes ago, Mister_Pop said:

Medellin was and still is for me uplifting energetic and fun. It seems I will never grow tired of that song, purely magical... But maybe only for me, the general public and many fans wants Hung Up again, because it was a magical + year-end era. You know that will never happen, it would be uplifting energetic and fun, but certainly not Hung Up again.

And when you thing about it, if you compare to other pop artists, it's incredible how Madonna never repeats herself. Each single seems to be unique in her catalogue. That is also the kind of respect she has for herself, her art and her fans too. Always evolving to keep a real interest and be upgrading pop.

I agree! I loved Medellin too. It was not  what I was expecting at all, and guess it was a bit 'marmite' for some. It's not so much a song that sounds exactly like Hung Up, but something that evokes that sense of urgency to rush to the dance floor! Going a bit off topic, but I'm loving Dua Lipa's Physical at the moment and even Stupid Love has that energy. Maybe Madonna could move in to gay club for the next 4 years to get some inspiration! Ha ha! :laughing:   

15 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Madonna refuses what? Singing old hits? Basically every tour she sings the same old hits save for Madame X. MDNA, RIT and RH tour are super saturated with hits, also Madonna is capable of changing her mind LOL

5 hours ago, tajybajyboo said:

I agree! I loved Medellin too. It was not  what I was expecting at all, and guess it was a bit 'marmite' for some. It's not so much a song that sounds exactly like Hung Up, but something that evokes that sense of urgency to rush to the dance floor! Going a bit off topic, but I'm loving Dua Lipa's Physical at the moment and even Stupid Love has that energy. Maybe Madonna could move in to gay club for the next 4 years to get some inspiration! Ha ha! :laughing:   

To get the inspiration you need to feel you can still enjoy her? How basic is that. What about doing another Confessions Tour? :bubblebitch:

SORRY

Madonna's done dance-pop music since the year 0 and already created everlasting hits that the whole world will still remember even after her death. The fact she's not doing these so called gay anthems that attract the masses doesn't mean she's lost it or she's less of an artist herself.

Seriously, people if you don't feel happy with the current Madonna you might as well move on with your lives and start appreciating other artists if you feel like it. It's the healthiest you can do. Same for those that are longing for a stadium/arena tour. Not.gonna.happen.soon. Maybe never again.

:Madonna042:

Oh it'll happen. 

why should we move on?

I found MDNA Madonna absolutely atrocious, but I persevered and then she brought out the Rebel Heart era where I thought she was at her best... HC and and RH era Madonna for me is the best she's been since WTG.

No need for fans to call it quits. True fans stick around, through thick and thin... but that doesn't mean they have to be quiet when they really don't like something!

1 hour ago, madgefan said:

To get the inspiration you need to feel you can still enjoy her? How basic is that. What about doing another Confessions Tour? :bubblebitch:

SORRY

Madonna's done dance-pop music since the year 0 and already created everlasting hits that the whole world will still remember even after her death. The fact she's not doing these so called gay anthems that attract the masses doesn't mean she's lost it or she's less of an artist herself.

Seriously, people if you don't feel happy with the current Madonna you might as well move on with your lives and start appreciating other artists if you feel like it. It's the healthiest you can do. Same for those that are longing for a stadium/arena tour. Not.gonna.happen.soon. Maybe never again.

:Madonna042:

Umm... what? Why the aggression? Re-read my post. I actually said I like Medellin. I never said she’s lost it or she less of an artist? What are you even talking about?

20 minutes ago, tajybajyboo said:

Umm... what? Why the aggression? Re-read my post. I actually said I like Medellin. I never said she’s lost it or she less of an artist? What are you even talking about?

And I did. Someone who compares implicitly Madonna's current work to Dua Lipa or Lady Gaga's and praising 'their energy' and then suggesting Madonna 'could' get inspired in a gay club to replicate that... Give me a break. Not funny.

:bothered2:

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic