Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

35 minutes ago, madgefan said:

And I did. Someone who compares implicitly Madonna's current work to Dua Lipa or Lady Gaga's and praising 'their energy' and then suggesting Madonna 'could' get inspired in a gay club to replicate that... Give me a break. Not funny.

:bothered2:

You’re being very defensive and I’m not sure why?

Please re-read my last few posts again. I was fantasizing about what kind of music I’d love her to release next, given all the craziness going on in the world right now. I wrote and I’ll repeat that I like Medellin, but at the moment I‘d love to hear a song that has the urgency to rush to the dance floor. Medellin had a much more laid back vibe. Madame X was a bit more introspective. Nothing wrong with. It’s just right now I’m in the mood to dance , having been on lockdown for 2 weeks.

I was clearly joking about her moving into a gay club. I even put a smiley face next to it. I’m not sure if you think comparing Madonna to Dua Lipa and Lady Gaga is some kind of insult. It really isn’t - they’re all great artists in their own right and right now they have some great dance tracks out. That’s all I was saying.

Do you really think I’m stuck in 2005 if I’m writing on this forum in 2020? Of course not. I’m here because I’m a huge fan, trying to connect with other fans. I saw Madame X 3 times spending thousands of pounds in the process. We all have different opinions and that’s fine. We don’t need to attack each other just because we don’t always agree. Please think more carefully before you post. You’ve misunderstood and misjudged me. This is supposed to be a place to bring fans together, not to tear each other down. x

8 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Madonna refuses what? Singing old hits? Basically every tour she sings the same old hits save for Madame X. MDNA, RIT and RH tour are super saturated with hits, also Madonna is capable of changing her mind LOL

MDNA was supersaturated with hits? Really? Where? They must be hidden within those unrecognisable "fesh" arrangements. 

21 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

MDNA was supersaturated with hits? Really? Where? They must be hidden within those unrecognisable "fesh" arrangements. 

Hmmmm, where should we start?  Hung Up, Papa Don't Preach, Material Girl, Vogue, Express Yourself, Open Your heart, Justify My Love, Erotica, Human Nature, Like A Virgin, Like A Prayer, Into the Groove, Lucky Star, Holiday, 4 Minutes, Music,  Ray of Light, and Celebration.  And whatever you think of GMAYL and how it became hit song, it still was a hit in several main regions.  Granted, some of these songs were very small excerpts or an interlude, but I think this pretty much counts for "saturated with hits".  In fact, after listing all those, I'm actually taken aback how the MDNA Tour was dominated with so many hits thrown in there.  It's pretty much a bulk of her catalog.  However she arranged them, isn't the point. She's pretty much always changed up the live arrangements of many of her hits songs since her early tours.  That's what has always set her apart from many other artists who tend to perform the same versions of their song over and over again.  Some of them might not appeal to you, but that's just a matter of taste, just like anyone of us.  As any Madonna fan should know, Madonna isn't really interested in performing her songs over and over again in the same way. 

2 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Hmmmm, where should we start?  Hung Up, Papa Don't Preach, Material Girl, Vogue, Express Yourself, Open Your heart, Justify My Love, Erotica, Human Nature, Like A Virgin, Like A Prayer, Into the Groove, Lucky Star, Holiday, 4 Minutes, Music, and Ray of Light, Celebration  And whatever you think of GMAYL and how it became hit song, it still was a hit in several main regions.  Granted, some of these songs were very small excerpts or an interlude, but I think this pretty much counts for "saturated with hits".  In fact, after listing all those, I'm actually taken aback how the MDNA was dominated with so many hits thrown in there. 

Into the Groove, Lucky Star, Holiday, 4 Minutes, Music, and Ray of Light were in MDNA tour??? You mean those 1 second teasers before she bursts into shitfest called Turn up the radio (better known as turn off the radio) . But you are taken aback so.. And Like A Virgin was a totally diffent song, very good performance still, but no, MDNA does not scream saturated with hits.

4 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Hmmmm, where should we start?  Hung Up, Papa Don't Preach, Material Girl, Vogue, Express Yourself, Open Your heart, Justify My Love, Erotica, Human Nature, Like A Virgin, Like A Prayer, Into the Groove, Lucky Star, Holiday, 4 Minutes, Music,  Ray of Light, and Celebration.  And whatever you think of GMAYL and how it became hit song, it still was a hit in several main regions.  Granted, some of these songs were very small excerpts or an interlude, but I think this pretty much counts for "saturated with hits".  In fact, after listing all those, I'm actually taken aback how the MDNA was dominated with so many hits thrown in there. 

I'm happy she stopped doing those throwback montages she started using during the DWT. It was fun the first time during Music, it was good during the intro of Music Inferno in 2006 but reusing the concept AGAIN in 2008 was just meh. Talk about running out of ideas.

The Madame X Tour, though it included old ideas (American flag on the stage, military stuff, and black robes for Like A Prayer) still felt fresh. I hope they make the show justice by putting a great edited film. Madonna's artistic vision on stage at 61 remains untouchable.

:Madonna035:

9 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Into the Groove, Lucky Star, Holiday, 4 Minutes, Music, and Ray of Light were in MDNA tour??? You mean those 1 second teasers before she bursts into shitfest called Turn up the radio (better known as turn off the radio) . But you are taken aback so.. And Like A Virgin was a totally diffent song, very good performance still, but no, MDNA does not scream saturated with hits.

They were still included in the tour, but even if you take out those few songs that were a few seconds or so, she still performed a number of big hits.  Again, how she performed them isn't the point.  I rather loved the LAV performance. Most of the other hits were performed pretty close to the originals and very recognizeable with the exception of Open Your Heart.  So let's not act like MDNA tour didn't include a number of her hits, the bulk of the tour did have a lot of hits in it, whether it was a few seconds or changed arrangement. Just because you didn't like it, doesn't change that fact. 

6 minutes ago, madgefan said:

I'm happy she stopped doing those throwback montages she started using during the DWT. It was fun the first time during Music, it was good during the intro of Music Inferno in 2006 but reusing the concept AGAIN in 2008 was just meh. Talk about running out of ideas.

The Madame X Tour, though it included old ideas (American flag on the stage, military stuff, and black robes for Like A Prayer) still felt fresh. I hope they make the show justice by putting a great edited film. Madonna's artistic vision on stage at 61 remains untouchable.

:Madonna035:

Yes, even MX has several major hits in the tour.  I know some prefer some other less performed songs revived, but LAP, VOGUE, MUSIC, and HOLIDAY are always going to be songs she's going to come back to just like LAV, ROL (or FROZEN). They are her staple hits.

As for those montages, everyone does those, to get people amped up at a particular part of the show.  It's a great way to kill time for the artist to do a quick change or what not!  In fact, it seems they get great crowd reactions.  I always remember the crowds get wild when they hear several classics pop up in those montages. 

6 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

It's kinda like she going...

'Heres the songs you wanted... but bitch please, here's some guitar barely in the mix self indulgence... I hope you love it because that's what you're getting... TARN UP THE RADDYOO... tarn up the radyooohooo...'

10 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Your comment about turn up the radio made me laugh out loud and it’s so true too ?? this guy MarXus just seems to argue with everyone on here so I would just let it be ? he can’t let someone’s opinion just slide 

11 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

And Like A Virgin was a totally diffent song, very good performance still, but no, MDNA does not scream saturated with hits.

10 hours ago, MarXus said:

They were still included in the tour, but even if you take out those few songs that were a few seconds or so, she still performed a number of big hits.  Again, how she performed them isn't the point.  I rather loved the LAV performance. Most of the other hits were performed pretty close to the originals and very recognizeable with the exception of Open Your Heart.  

You should have witness the reaction of a girl standing next to me, I think it was in Rome or Milan. She wanted to hear LAV so much, she got crazy when she heard the snippet before TUTR, when she heard the Waltz version she almost killed M for destroying the song. That version was definitely for die hard fans only.

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

You should have witness the reaction of a girl standing next to me, I think it was in Rome or Milan. She wanted to hear LAV so much, she got crazy when she heard the snippet before TUTR, when she heard the Waltz version she almost killed M for destroying the song. That version was definitely for die hard fans only.

I'm so in love with the MDNA Vers :hearteyes:

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Your comment about turn up the radio made me laugh out loud and it’s so true too ?? this guy MarXus just seems to argue with everyone on here so I would just let it be ? he can’t let someone’s opinion just slide 

I'm not the person who originally brought up that MDNA TOUR is saturated with her hits.  I only agreed with the point that was made.  The tour is somewhat saturated with hits, no matter if it's short clips or different arrangements.  That's me expressing my opinion, not wanting "to argue with everyone".  This is a discussion board after all, not a contest of words!  People offer their perspective, whether it's an agreement or not.

And I disagree... in my opinion The MDNA Tour, like many Madonna tours, is no exception and is NOT satured with hits.

She gave the general public the following hits :

1. Papa Don't Preach (1'30, not the whole song)
  2. Hung Up (a version that didn't give the Hung Up vibes AT ALL, very disppointing if you ask me)
  3. Express Yourself (YES!!)
  4. Open Your Heart (YES!!)
  5. Justify My Love (as a video interlude, with all new arrangements)
  6. Vogue (YES!!)
  7. Like A Virgin (in a totally different version, not the LAV vibes although I loved it)
  8. Like A Prayer (YES!!)

So, if we are really honest about it, yes, there are some, but saturated with hits ? I wouldn't describe The MDNA tour like that.

And that's one reaction to those hits! For me, I chose not to go to the show because I thought the classics were all presented in inferior versions.

1. PDP 90 seconds and with a really cheap sounding backing track. Not even live synth strings.

2. Hung Up - tuneless.

3. Express Yourself - Normally playback, which kills it for me for this song, but to the public yeah it works. 
4. Open Your Heart - this was okay but there brilliant energy and passion isn't there.

5. JML - interlude 

6. Vogue - this was good, but not the full song.

7. LAV - coffee table lounge version. Yawn.

8. Like a Prayer - prerecorded instrumental that sounds like karaoke... and the crowd sounded like karaoke... 

compared to S&S and RHT, MDNA didn't really deliver the hits. 

MDNA for me is the only tour that is completely musically uninteresting.

2 hours ago, Mister_Pop said:

And I disagree... in my opinion The MDNA Tour, like many Madonna tours, is no exception and is NOT satured with hits.

She gave the general public the following hits :

1. Papa Don't Preach (1'30, not the whole song)
  2. Hung Up (a version that didn't give the Hung Up vibes AT ALL, very disppointing if you ask me)
  3. Express Yourself (YES!!)
  4. Open Your Heart (YES!!)
  5. Justify My Love (as a video interlude, with all new arrangements)
  6. Vogue (YES!!)
  7. Like A Virgin (in a totally different version, not the LAV vibes although I loved it)
  8. Like A Prayer (YES!!)

So, if we are really honest about it, yes, there are some, but saturated with hits ? I wouldn't describe The MDNA tour like that.

But here's the thing, I don't feel it has to be full performances/original arrangements to consider it's "saturated with hits".  Like you, I didn't think about it as it being a tour with a lot of hits, but it does include a lot, whether full songs or not, etc.  Is it a "Greatest Hits" sort of tour. Not at all?  But she did pack in a lot of the hits in some aspect. Though, you make good points.   :)

3 hours ago, scion said:

And that's one reaction to those hits! For me, I chose not to go to the show because I thought the classics were all presented in inferior versions.

1. PDP 90 seconds and with a really cheap sounding backing track. Not even live synth strings.

2. Hung Up - tuneless.

3. Express Yourself - Normally playback, which kills it for me for this song, but to the public yeah it works. 
4. Open Your Heart - this was okay but there brilliant energy and passion isn't there.

5. JML - interlude 

6. Vogue - this was good, but not the full song.

7. LAV - coffee table lounge version. Yawn.

8. Like a Prayer - prerecorded instrumental that sounds like karaoke... and the crowd sounded like karaoke... 

compared to S&S and RHT, MDNA didn't really deliver the hits. 

MDNA for me is the only tour that is completely musically uninteresting.

You're so SO wrong.

The only big reinventions of old hits she did during the MDNA were Hung Up and Like A Virgin. The rest of the oldies were pretty much similar to the versions included in The Immaculate Collection or album versions (like Human Nature and Vogue and even the extract of Papa Don't Preach which I didn't get to see cause she didn't sing it in Chile). Actually, most of the moaners on the Chilean press complained that the show included the same songs they had heard during Sticky (Human Nature, Vogue, Candy Shop, Like A Prayer, Spanish Lesson, etc.) so if the general crowd felt like that it was because it looked like they were listening to the same 'hits' previously performed in older tours. 

Even with a half-full setlist I had SO MUCH fun during MDNA. Give Me All Your Luvin's energy was out of this world and Vogue, OMG Vogue is ALWAYS iconic. Like A Prayer simply sublime even though she sang it with her 50ish crow voice :laughing:

2 minutes ago, madgefan said:

You're so SO wrong.

The only big reinventions of old hits she did during the MDNA were Hung Up and Like A Virgin. The rest of the oldies were pretty much similar to the versions included in The Immaculate Collection or album versions (like Human Nature and Vogue and even the extract of Papa Don't Preach which I didn't get to see cause she didn't sing it in Chile). Actually, most of the moaners on the Chilean press complained that the show included the same songs they had heard during Sticky (Human Nature, Vogue, Candy Shop, Like A Prayer, Spanish Lesson, etc.) so if the general crowd felt like that it was because it looked like they were listening to the same 'hits' previously performed in older tours. 

Even with a half-full setlist I had SO MUCH fun during MDNA. Give Me All Your Luvin's energy was out of this world and Vogue, OMG Vogue is ALWAYS iconic. Like A Prayer simply sublime even though she sang it with her 50ish crow voice :laughing:

I also love the reinvention she did for open Your heart 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic