Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

4 minutes ago, madgefan said:

You're so SO wrong.

The only big reinventions of old hits she did during the MDNA were Hung Up and Like A Virgin. The rest of the oldies were pretty much similar to the versions included in The Immaculate Collection or album versions (like Human Nature and Vogue and even the extract of Papa Don't Preach which I didn't get to see cause she didn't sing it in Chile). Actually, most of the moaners on the Chilean press complained that the show included the same songs they had heard during Sticky (Human Nature, Vogue, Candy Shop, Like A Prayer, Spanish Lesson, etc.) so if the general crowd felt like that it was because it looked like they were listening to the same 'hits' previously performed in older tours. 

Even with a half-full setlist I had SO MUCH fun during MDNA. Give Me All Your Luvin's energy was out of this world and Vogue, OMG Vogue is ALWAYS iconic. Like A Prayer simply sublime even though she sang it with her 50ish crow voice :laughing:

Yeah, the MDNA Like A Prayer was very energetic.  She had the crowd up on their feet singing along.  It was a banger. 

Of course, we can't forget the "reinvention" of OYH as well.  The whole tour had people having a good time.  It was when the DVD finally came out, that some of us felt a bit disappointed in how they edited it.  I don't know?  It never beats actually being their at the show versus watching the concert on DVD.  Now, if the DVD is all you got, then I guess most won't know much of the difference.  MDNA Tour was fantastic and fun.  Even the smaller excerpt of her classics were fun for the audience. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

The MDNA Tour rendition of Like A Prayer was good, and I’m sure it would have been fun to sing along to it in the audience, but honestly there’s not many live performances of the song that I regularly go back to. BAT and S&S are the only ones I frequently re-watch.

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

The MDNA Tour rendition of Like A Prayer was good, and I’m sure it would have been fun to sing along to it in the audience, but honestly there’s not many live performances of the song that I regularly go back to. BAT and S&S are the only ones I frequently re-watch.

RIT for me is the best one x

Guest Nobody Knows Me
14 minutes ago, scion said:

RIT for me is the best one x

Yeah that was a nice moment. She seemed really intimate and warm on RIT and I enjoyed that entire acoustic section for its intimate vibe. 

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Like a Prayer during the MDNA Tour was a very powerful moment..OMG

everybody singing together the whole song

even a little girl next to me...she was 10 <3

On 3/26/2020 at 11:12 PM, Bat-Fan said:

MDNA was supersaturated with hits? Really? Where? They must be hidden within those unrecognisable "fesh" arrangements. 

The tours RIT, MDNA and RH had many of her past hits performed. New arrangements or not, they were her old songs reworked like she always reworks her music for tours or uses a remix.

34 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

The tours RIT, MDNA and RH had many of her past hits performed. New arrangements or not, they were her old songs reworked like she always reworks her music for tours or uses a remix.

To be fair though, RITs reworking were absolutely incredible compared to MDNA. 

RH didn't really have that many reworked classics though, with the exception of True Blue... the rest were pretty faithful at least in melody and overall essence. The only lowsy classic on that tour was Holiday which just didn't sound right, which I'm pretty sure was an afterthought. 

Just now, stancherry said:

even Holiday from RHT sounds different to the original mix. This is why i love to listen to the official tour studio versions and not the live recordings, where all the new instruments are muted and oversaturated with crowd noise.

To be honest, the RHT Holiday was pretty sloppy though... sounded brilliant to me on bootlegs, but on the DVD it was pants! Very thin  and you can tell her mic was barely on, even on the bootlegs.

she didn't sing at either of my shows!

1 hour ago, scion said:

To be honest, the RHT Holiday was pretty sloppy though... sounded brilliant to me on bootlegs, but on the DVD it was pants! Very thin  and you can tell her mic was barely on, even on the bootlegs.

she didn't sing at either of my shows!

Yes, you're right! But the official studio version sounds "beefy".

@Monsieur Hugo X @scion 
is it the DWT in LA anywhere we can listen or download? Or is any collectors we can keep in touch to hear at least a couple of this tracks? I am just imagining Frozen 2009...we have Holidays 2009 and Dress you up 2009 rehearsals and I'm so happy about it, but I wish I could hear Intervention or Paradise from TOAC. 
Also, anyone got a good audio from TOAC in Miami? Can't find a good one, it's either too low or of a terrible quality...

On 3/27/2020 at 12:00 AM, scion said:

Oh it'll happen. 

why should we move on?

I found MDNA Madonna absolutely atrocious, but I persevered and then she brought out the Rebel Heart era where I thought she was at her best... HC and and RH era Madonna for me is the best she's been since WTG.

No need for fans to call it quits. True fans stick around, through thick and thin... but that doesn't mean they have to be quiet when they really don't like something!

I did like some of the tracks from MDNA, Some Girls, Falling Free (I thought was beautiful), I Don't Give... I think I'm running out of ones now. But I agree with you RH was beautiful, especially the demo songs, Beautiful Scars demo has to be one of my favourite songs and Living for Love and I thought the tour was just divine.

On 3/23/2020 at 8:14 PM, scion said:

Yes.

But what we on this forum and in the M community call a soundboard recording isn't of a high enough quality for a professional release.

Professional releases come from MULTI TRACK recordings where every part of the live sound  is recorded on a different track and then pieces together, like the stems they make an album from... so each instrument, vocalist, different aspects of the audience etc... incidentally this is done via the soundboard but isn't what has ever leaked in Ms case.

'soundboard' recordings that leak every so often are quick, rubbish quality professional recordings that are basic two track stereo, and sound often very unforgiving unless the singer is absolutely incredible.  These are what we often see.

I've often wondered this as I remember I think during RH tour, Monte recorded or streamed live part of a song but it was his instrument.

This might a question that you can't answer, but are these "in ear audios" recorded for every show and kept? I like the Tokyo one that had the audio prior to the show beginning. And is it true that each show recording is kept? Hence why BA Houston is out there? Or is it just luck of the draw?

I'm surprised she's never thought of that idea to make even more money - selling the show you've been too.

22 hours ago, scion said:

3. Express Yourself - Normally playback, which kills it for me for this song, but to the public yeah it works. 
4. Open Your Heart - this was okay but there brilliant energy and passion isn't there.

6. Vogue - this was good, but not the full song.

8. Like a Prayer - prerecorded instrumental that sounds like karaoke... and the crowd sounded like karaoke... 

Really ?! I believe you're not being fair with those versions ! I'm a fan and I was blown away by those renditions, and I guess that for the general public they were more than ok too ! All big to the show.

Let me take the topic back to its original content. MadameX Theatre Tour MUST have the following treatment:

AUDIO must 

- put Mirwais in charge of the sound outcome.

- sound like the IGTTYAS cd audio 

- have the essence of the Madame X album sonic wise, clear sound and good vocal production

AUDIO must NOT:

- sound like confessions live album - mixing was good but fitting for the genre as there was too much reverb / echo. 

- sound like S&S live, WORST vocal edits ever, MDNA live album, audio crap, bad mixing and dry sound.

VIDEO must 

- like the instagram videos so far,seems to be a good recording of it so continue down that road

- have a theatre feeling to it, meaning not really fast edits

- have an intro of backstage, cut to backstage moments, m getting ready, like IGTTYAS style but without the documentary parts. glimpses of MadameX backstage.

- have extra features and special backstage video, similar to the world of MadameX , doc style, approx 45 minutes.

VIDEO must NOT:

Have the horrendous edits of MDNA and RH visual. Everything else is acceptable, a cozy warm yet electronic/future feeling is more than welcome :)

6 hours ago, GhosttownMDNA said:

@Monsieur Hugo X @scion 
is it the DWT in LA anywhere we can listen or download? Or is any collectors we can keep in touch to hear at least a couple of this tracks? I am just imagining Frozen 2009...we have Holidays 2009 and Dress you up 2009 rehearsals and I'm so happy about it, but I wish I could hear Intervention or Paradise from TOAC. 
Also, anyone got a good audio from TOAC in Miami? Can't find a good one, it's either too low or of a terrible quality...

I don't know any collectors personally, it's just a matter of waiting to see what eventually leaks. In a dream world I'd love the CT multitrack from Moscow as it means we would be able to mix our own live album to our own tastes! Or You'll See from DWT.

5 hours ago, Alan Leggate said:

I've often wondered this as I remember I think during RH tour, Monte recorded or streamed live part of a song but it was his instrument.

This might a question that you can't answer, but are these "in ear audios" recorded for every show and kept? I like the Tokyo one that had the audio prior to the show beginning. And is it true that each show recording is kept? Hence why BA Houston is out there? Or is it just luck of the draw?

I'm surprised she's never thought of that idea to make even more money - selling the show you've been too.

Each show will be recorded as combined audio stereo. I would imagine the IEM recording of Tokyo probably came from an audience member or crew member using a radio frequency scanner and recording the feed that goes to her monitors. I could be wrong, but I very much doubt it came directly from the crew, why would it? It's incredibly unflattering. 

Some artists have released every  night of their tours as available live audio to purchase, sometimes immediately after and sometime a few days after... but M can't do that. Her voice isn't solid enough anymore, and it would just highlight the amount of playback used and any issues she encounters awkwardly during the show. For Tori Amos and Springsteen it works because the shows are 100% live and the set list changes every night. Kylie also, her Showgirl Homecoming album was released as audio from Sydney and then later on DVD as footage and sound from Melbourne. That works when you sing totally live. 

I'd prefer if they recorded every night and released a tour album with the best recording of every song included. Kim Wilde recently did that and the result is an album that sounds absolutely terrific. 

Many post ago and still not madame x tour dvd :D i dont understand ... mby my webstie is bugged but it says 

"Madame X Tour DVD

By Monsieur Hugo X, March 9 in Madame X Tour"

I mean 2 times Madame X Tour in Topic almost. Mby im wrong but arguing which tour is that or should not be in Madame X tour dvd in Madame x Tour section... but im not old weteran on this site so what i know. :D 

happy hour dancing GIF

15 hours ago, scion said:

To be fair though, RITs reworking were absolutely incredible compared to MDNA. 

RH didn't really have that many reworked classics though, with the exception of True Blue... the rest were pretty faithful at least in melody and overall essence. The only lowsy classic on that tour was Holiday which just didn't sound right, which I'm pretty sure was an afterthought. 

I do agree that RIT did better with reworks, and yes Holiday in RH was underwhelming is a finale. The title track would’ve been a far better closing track, especially if they reworked the Avicii version. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
11 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I do agree that RIT did better with reworks, and yes Holiday in RH was underwhelming is a finale. The title track would’ve been a far better closing track, especially if they reworked the Avicii version. 

I’d love it if they reworked it for the next greatest hits compilation. It was such a fantastic demo and it deserves some light.

25 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

????

which Avicii version?? They were all produced by Avicii lol

the tour version is reworked too, by Kevin, sounds like a mix of demos

2 hours ago, scion said:

I don't know any collectors personally, it's just a matter of waiting to see what eventually leaks. In a dream world I'd love the CT multitrack from Moscow as it means we would be able to mix our own live album to our own tastes! Or You'll See from DWT.

Each show will be recorded as combined audio stereo. I would imagine the IEM recording of Tokyo probably came from an audience member or crew member using a radio frequency scanner and recording the feed that goes to her monitors. I could be wrong, but I very much doubt it came directly from the crew, why would it? It's incredibly unflattering. 

Some artists have released every  night of their tours as available live audio to purchase, sometimes immediately after and sometime a few days after... but M can't do that. Her voice isn't solid enough anymore, and it would just highlight the amount of playback used and any issues she encounters awkwardly during the show. For Tori Amos and Springsteen it works because the shows are 100% live and the set list changes every night. Kylie also, her Showgirl Homecoming album was released as audio from Sydney and then later on DVD as footage and sound from Melbourne. That works when you sing totally live. 

I'd prefer if they recorded every night and released a tour album with the best recording of every song included. Kim Wilde recently did that and the result is an album that sounds absolutely terrific. 

Very interesting! Thank you. I didn't think about radio scanners. It's just mind blowing to think of the amount of stuff that some people have or that is in vaults and may never see the light of day, especially live shows. The amount of playback would be a disadvantage but the auto tune/effects are the ones that I can't stand.

Listening to some of the Madame X recordings, particularly Medellin, there's so much echo and of course the sound of an actual live band is sad.

Love Kim Wilde - I will need to go have a listen to that album! Thanks :-)

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic