Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

On 5/28/2020 at 11:43 PM, Nobody Knows Me said:

Yeah I really loved the documentary so I’d love for the Madame X Tour DVD to have that sort of editing as opposed to the approach they took with the Rebel Heart Tour DVD. Since this was such a different tour I suppose it only makes sense to have a different sort of recording as well. 

agree!

Unpopular opinion ( or not?) : RHT is her worst edited show ever (from color to filters and flashes and stuff...). MDNA is slightly better but still looks too much "over edited" S&S was great, the right amount of edit that goes well with the rave/stadium concept of the tour. Confessions is fantastic, smooth, elegant and glamour. Her best in my opinion (editing).  We all hope MXT will break the over-edited tendence!

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, MADAME (S)EX said:

Unpopular opinion ( or not?) : RHT is her worst edited show ever (from color to filters and flashes and stuff...). MDNA is slightly better but still looks too much "over edited" S&S was great, the right amount of edit that goes well with the rave/stadium concept of the tour. Confessions is fantastic, smooth, elegant and glamour. Her best in my opinion (editing).  We all hope MXT will break the over-edited tendence!

I totally agree with you. I love all of the editing of her tour DVDs from Who’s That Girl Tour to Sticky & Sweet Tour. I don’t mind the over-editing of The MDNA Tour DVD so much because I actually think it goes well with the high-energy futuristic feel of the show, and the recording process was really messy so it was always going to be inferior to previous tour recordings. Rebel Heart Tour DVD on the other hand is a total pain.

3 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I totally agree with you. I love all of the editing of her tour DVDs from Who’s That Girl Tour to Sticky & Sweet Tour. I don’t mind the over-editing of The MDNA Tour DVD so much because I actually think it goes well with the high-energy futuristic feel of the show, and the recording process was really messy so it was always going to be inferior to previous tour recordings. Rebel Heart Tour DVD on the other hand is a total pain.

exactly ... I also appreciate the one night only shot , but I know it's difficult to have a nice result in just one night.  I don't know if she ever did that ( BAT Yokohama  maybe?) but at least we had the idea of continuity in her shows ( costumes, hair...). Anyway this is my personal taste...

7 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I don’t mind the over-editing of The MDNA Tour DVD so much because I actually think it goes well with the high-energy futuristic feel of the show, and the recording process was really messy so it was always going to be inferior to previous tour recordings.

:Madonna033:

Transgression imagery, sans the obvious,  was inspired by the dark Middle Ages.

Prophecy and the majorettes take us back to the 1950s.

Masculine/Feminine was partially a piece of homage to the late XIX and early XX century cabaret style.

And the Redemption section goes back to the Middle Ages and the Joan of Arc theme and eventually ends up with, the only thing I'd say was inspired by a futuristic concept, Celebration.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
17 minutes ago, madgefan said:

:Madonna033:

Transgression imagery, sans the obvious,  was inspired by the dark Middle Ages.

Prophecy and the majorettes take us back to the 1950s.

Masculine/Feminine was partially a piece of homage to the late XIX and early XX century cabaret style.

And the Redemption section goes back to the Middle Ages and the Joan of Arc theme and eventually ends up with, the only thing I'd say was inspired by a futuristic concept, Celebration.

Well I don’t seem to recall reading about the Middle Ages, 1950s or cabaret eras having the technology for a stage and production like that... :Madonna032:

7 hours ago, MADAME (S)EX said:

RHT gave me headache no joke ( I watched it entirely only once)... Deeper and deeper  ... holy mother of god ... LOL

It gives me a headache too. They butchered Living for Love, I hate that slow motion then suddenly she's on the stage.

Probably for me Girlie Show, DWT, RIT (Lisbon) are my fav professional recordings. Confessions is ok but I feel after Paradise it becomes too much like a pop video at times for me and has to many frantic cuts.

Remember when DVD's were first coming out there was all this talk about how viewers would be able to alter or change the angle of whatever they watched. Did that ever happen? Not with Madge, but in general.

20 minutes ago, Alan Leggate said:

Remember when DVD's were first coming out there was all this talk about how viewers would be able to alter or change the angle of whatever they watched. Did that ever happen? Not with Madge, but in general.

KISS: Rock The Nation Live! actually had that feature where you could choose which member of the band you wanted the focus to be on. I don’t know of any others though...

Edited by ludowillo (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Alan Leggate said:

It gives me a headache too. They butchered Living for Love, I hate that slow motion then suddenly she's on the stage.

Probably for me Girlie Show, DWT, RIT (Lisbon) are my fav professional recordings. Confessions is ok but I feel after Paradise it becomes too much like a pop video at times for me and has to many frantic cuts.

You're right about confessions's disco part... it takes a twist on the funky side lol

Girlie show was really cool, DWT was so on point with the new millenium tendence both shot "the old way" because of the tv broadcast ( GS Down under, DWT Detroit ) and slightly re edited for the dvd edition...( I may be wrong )

Never heard about that dvd multi angle feature you talk about... sounds cool  

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Personally I think the editing should reflect the overall atmosphere of the tour itself. The MDNA Tour was an expensive tour in terms of production and staging, and it was evidently high on energy, which I felt they were trying to convey in the editing so it didn’t bother me as much. On the other hand, the Rebel Heart Tour was clearly a more accessible and organic tour therefore the over-editing made no sense to me whatsoever and took away any intimacy the original show had. The Madame X Tour is obviously also a more intimate tour so I think the editing needs to reflect that.

Reading all these Posts it seems most fans actually want a decent edit of the RHT with an audio recording that's not messed up by over-production and a proper screen recording with a continuous recording of her wearing the same costume. Lol.

So, maybe, you amazing people, you wonderful fans, maybe we could try to regain access to those lost files. I, as I assume most of us do, have the standard ones (True Blue Brisbane, La Isla Bonita Portland, Rebel Heart Manila) to share but if we work together, I hope we can finally get the full version of the concert we all deserve. 

33 minutes ago, MADAME (S)EX said:

you mean the raw files?

I'm talking about the screen recordings that don't look like a toddler tried to film an iPad screen from across the room, HD stuff by fans (Secret/LAP/RH Los Angeles, UB Toronto) and pro-shots released by her team (LAP Stockholm, Rebel Rebel Houston) but there are quite a few files missing to complie a full edit of the show. Also, many recordings of her performing in the matador costume which I personally prefer over the flamenco dress. 

For instance, my collection is lacking most of the HD files shared by madonna-tv.com. And the screen recordings form Torino.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic