Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

43 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I can’t see a release until September at the very earliest.

streaming release at the least.  i would think if it was going to be released in the next two months, we would have heard an announcement by now. my bets are on amazon prime being the first to broadcast this.

How likely is a physical release after everyone’s been streaming so much more now? I ask because I haven’t watched an actual Blu-ray or dvd in a long time; mainly because I don’t have to. But, since Guy O is back on the M train, the LEAST he can do is get a quick turnaround on the editing and figure out how to launch this film. Or package the existing released live shows in some digital bundle beforehand.   I will always buy physical copies, but it’s more of a personal collection now.  

9 hours ago, RebelHeartbreak said:

How likely is a physical release after everyone’s been streaming so much more now? I ask because I haven’t watched an actual Blu-ray or dvd in a long time; mainly because I don’t have to. But, since Guy O is back on the M train, the LEAST he can do is get a quick turnaround on the editing and figure out how to launch this film. Or package the existing released live shows in some digital bundle beforehand.   I will always buy physical copies, but it’s more of a personal collection now.  

i dont believe they will skip a physical release. they havent done so yet in the past.  i know we live more in a streaming age but i think Madonna prefers to squeeze any potential dime she can get from a release. i expect a broadcast/streaming release and after that contractual time runs out, which is usually a few months, then they will release the DVD.

19 hours ago, Gâteau said:

Why does it always take that long for her (team) to release shit? Release it while it's still hot, god dammit. :dead:

I’m sure it’s all on her, she’s just way too involved if u ask me.

She should hire longtime fans who are professionals in their fields,- we’d make sure she looks good but we would want to deliver finish products fast as well. 

On 6/9/2020 at 1:23 PM, Gâteau said:

Why does it always take that long for her (team) to release shit? Release it while it's still hot, god dammit. :dead:

really hasnt been so long since the tour ended. 3 months. im not sure if any of her tours have been released that quickly. maybe Virgin tour?

i think it is less about Madonnas involvement but more about releasing schedules and doing it at an optimal time. i know many wished to have it while we were in lockdown, but that was unrealistic being the tour just ended.  i dont expect a physical release until the final quarter of the year which seems to be the best time with people holiday shopping. i would think people are pinching pennies right now with many not working because if covid-19.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, deathproof said:

COVID is still a thing. We have no idea how they want to roll this out. If they plan on having a physical release, it likely won’t be out till end of the year or next year.

You’re probably right. I was hoping that they would release it on Netflix this year and then postpone a physical release until next year but I can see them just releasing the DVD next year now. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
14 minutes ago, Kieran said:

This feels about right me:

October - Streaming premiere

Late November - Physical release

I think there are still quite a few M-dollas that can be squeezed out of a physical release in 2020 so I can't imagine them passing up on this. 

I’d love for this to happen! 

1 hour ago, Kieran said:

This feels about right me:

October - Streaming premiere

Late November - Physical release

I think there are still quite a few M-dollas that can be squeezed out of a physical release in 2020 so I can't imagine them passing up on this. 

No way... she will have a deal for brodacasting on different platforms for minimun 6 months. Then the DVD will come... 

16 hours ago, Gilbert said:

really hasnt been so long since the tour ended. 3 months. im not sure if any of her tours have been released that quickly. maybe Virgin tour?

Taylor released her tour on Netflix merely one month after it concluded - which is the right thing, because she's using the momentum that was still there at this point.

MX was filmed six months ago, so there are no excuses. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
22 minutes ago, Gâteau said:

Taylor released her tour on Netflix merely one month after it concluded - which is the right thing, because she's using the momentum that was still there at this point.

Perhaps the pandemic and the lockdown has interfered with the editing but I really do hope that they manage to get the DVD out this year, although it feels unlikely. :cryin2:

5 hours ago, Gâteau said:

her concert was filmed October 6th and wasnt released until New Years Eve. even though it was a few months after the recording this was back in 2018 when we werent in a middle of a pandemic. just because you want it now doesnt mean there arent good reasons in why its not released yet.  and goodness we have waited way much longer for her concert releases. calm down, it will be here soon enough.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

If they do this the right way and it’s well promoted, I actually think a DVD for the Madame X Tour could be a success. It’s completely different to previous tours and as far as the general public is concerned there isn’t any footage online. If they market is as a “different” kind of tour and have it broadcast on a big platform, or get a good deal with a big TV station, it could actually generate some attention.

Perhaps they might postpone the release until after the pandemic to do something along those lines.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
3 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Since Madame X deals with social justice issues and features riot police and protestors, I have a feeling they may want to incorporate current events in the filmed version. So it may take longer than originally expected. 

Wow I never thought about that. I could definitely see M wanting to do that now, or perhaps featuring some current events as bonus footage or something. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 hours ago, Enrico said:

Yesterday I rewatched the first half of RIT DVD. I have to admit it doesn't look good, in a certain way I understand why M didn't want to release it. It's much different than IMGTTYAS.

Is it the shots? The editing? The lights? Can someone explain what is wrong in it?

As far as I’m aware, there are two professional recordings: Lisbon and Paris. If I’m wrong about this and anyone wants to correct me then feel free! :laughing: 

The footage in Lisbon was just abandoned and unedited because the whole broadcast was cancelled, so that is why it looks so bleak. Then there’s Paris which was recorded by Jonas Åkerlund, and footage of that was interspersed in IGTTYAS. The production for the tour always looked kind of cheap and the Lisbon footage really shows that, which is probably why the release fell through. Paris on the other hand I think Jonas captured it perfectly, and I suspect that was the concert they were planning to release on DVD, but I don’t know why it got scrapped. Shame really, because I doubt we’ll get a setlist as good as that again! 

What she did with IGTTYAS, releasing a “limited” live album - that was great. 
It just boggles my mind that a professional video release of the tour didn’t play out.  Same with BAT. What a wasted opportunity to capture her art. I’ll never understand why.

I suppose we should be lucky we even got any of her concerts on film at all considering how stubborn she is.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic