Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

Guest Nobody Knows Me
29 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

The full RIT is another tour that M could easily release in full - let’s face she’s made as much money out of the dvd/cd of IGTTYAS now hasn’t she ? I bet the full Paris show is somewhere as I doubt this has been lost like the BA footage has been 

I just wish she’d release them all in a big box set like she was planning to do around 2005, including the missing tours. 

44 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I just wish she’d release them all in a big box set like she was planning to do around 2005, including the missing tours. 

I think maybe she thought that it would be too much work to compile it all, and make menus and chop it up, every show. 2005 was a great era full of so much fun. I doubt she would Have wanted to take away from what she was doing with Confessions.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
21 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I think maybe she thought that it would be too much work to compile it all, and make menus and chop it up, every show. 2005 was a great era full of so much fun. I doubt she would Have wanted to take away from what she was doing with Confessions.

Yeah, I totally agree with that. I do wish she would do something like that at a later date though. It would be so good to finally own the missing tours and perhaps even the missing performances from The Virgin Tour if it still exists somewhere.

12 hours ago, Enrico said:

Yesterday I rewatched the first half of RIT DVD. I have to admit it doesn't look good, in a certain way I understand why M didn't want to release it. It's much different than IMGTTYAS.

Is it the shots? The editing? The lights? Can someone explain what is wrong in it?

She seemed tired number 1. And it looks like it was edited LIVE. No post editing or whatever. (I don't know a whole lot) but the shots weren't the greatest. 

1 hour ago, madgefan said:

"cheap"

re_stage_big.jpg

The_Beast_Within_Reinvention_tour.jpg

biagio_paris_04_05_big.jpg

biagio_paris_04_01_big.jpg

WkgjhpI.jpg

rui_lisbon_14september6.jpg

joao_lisbon_13september2.jpgbiagio_paris_04_03_big.jpg

Judging by what leaked in January 2010, you can say the Lisbon show has bad audio mixing, poor directing, boring shots here and there BUT saying the show was 'cheap'... dude, Madonna and 'cheap' could never be in the same sentence :bothered2:

THANK YOU! Cheap it most certainly was NOT! The tour may not have been a creative peak, but it sure as hell was fun!

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

It's raw footage. Of a rough edit. Not complete.

This is from the final version:

while i love some of the visual effects, it gets annoying at times, especially with her last few tours. so i am glad we have raw footage of the full RIT. I watched the remaster/upscaled version the other night and it is simple and you dont get distracted and dizzy with all the effects. now a proper edit might allow Madonna to show more of her creative input like more focus on her dancers and some visuals, etc, but in the end i love the rawness of it. it reminds me of the older tours, which didn't have all the flashing and nauseating effects. the last tour i truly enjoy to watch that she released was Confessions Tour. it had many effects, but its still easy on the eyes and not as distracting. i felt like there was a healthy balance unlike MDNA and Rebel Heart Tour.  Sticky and Sweet is easy on the eyes as well.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
3 hours ago, madgefan said:

"cheap"

re_stage_big.jpg

The_Beast_Within_Reinvention_tour.jpg

biagio_paris_04_05_big.jpg

biagio_paris_04_01_big.jpg

WkgjhpI.jpg

rui_lisbon_14september6.jpg

joao_lisbon_13september2.jpgbiagio_paris_04_03_big.jpg

Judging by what leaked in January 2010, you can say the Lisbon show has bad audio mixing, poor directing, boring shots here and there BUT saying the show was 'cheap'... dude, Madonna and 'cheap' could never be in the same sentence :bothered2:

Well sorry but that’s just how it looks to me at times during the Lisbon footage, whereas I think the Paris footage makes it look a lot better. Perhaps the stage design was supposed to look less advanced to reflect the art installation concept of the show, I don’t know.

4 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Well sorry but that’s just how it looks to me at times during the Lisbon footage, whereas I think the Paris footage makes it look a lot better. Perhaps the stage design was supposed to look less advanced to reflect the art installation concept of the show, I don’t know.

I agree with you. The stage props don't look so good as well, but maybe because her future tours were so technological we got a bit spoiled in that sense. But I do wish we got a full release of that tour someday.

Reinvention was definitely sparse in terms of props and staging. I think it was the first time when the video screens took over the  budget. I enjoyed the raw footage because it was a bit like the early madonna tours.

Some of the editing and angles in modern Madonna shows lose her magnetism. She owns the camera and the quick edits in modern tours don’t give you time to take her all in. Many favourite things about her early persona and presence we’re in the non choreographed moments. These days they’d cut to a dancer or a graphic and we lose those little moments. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
3 hours ago, The Ghost said:

I'd rather watch RAW footage any day to this over produced stuff that get officially released!

Nowadays I would rather watch raw footage simply because the editing has gone way too far since The MDNA Tour, but I do love the professional recordings of older tours as well. 

3 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Nowadays I would rather watch raw footage simply because the editing has gone way too far since The MDNA Tour, but I do love the professional recordings of older tours as well. 

I loved the raw video on MDNA where her corset split and she had this cute af smile. That’s so genuine to me, I loved that moment. That is worthy of a video release.

On 6/12/2020 at 5:35 AM, Enrico said:

Yesterday I rewatched the first half of RIT DVD. I have to admit it doesn't look good, in a certain way I understand why M didn't want to release it. It's much different than IMGTTYAS.

Is it the shots? The editing? The lights? Can someone explain what is wrong in it?

All pretty much, the stage was too heavily dependant on the screens, which were at the time very impressive and huge, stage looked small and empty, not just simple. The video angles of Lisbon are not that great, the editing looks 50% done, if that, the sound quality is terrible, for me the sound is what makes imposdible to watch it, echo in her voice and flat production. The lighs are ok, just very basic. There are no audience shots that add to the whole "flatness" of the Lisbon show. Minus her first outfit, the rest are good to ok, her last look was a bit unforgettable. I still like the tour and still hope for a proper DVD release because the leak is nowhere near. They can still improve the Lisbon material, doesn't have to be overdone like her last concert film, but this show as it is presented, looks totally unfinished (which is is). Alot can be done but doubt she cares

On 6/12/2020 at 1:35 AM, Enrico said:

It is funny that they decided to abandon that project even though they included some Lisbon footage in IMGTTYAS.

At the end the final product for the documentary includes both shows, Paris and Lisbon. I think it was more of a "we can do a documentary or release the full show, but not both".

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 minutes ago, al4realz said:

It is funny that they decided to abandon that project even though they included some Lisbon footage in IMGTTYAS.

At the end the final product for the documentary includes both shows, Paris and Lisbon. I think it was more of a "we can do a documentary or release the full show, but not both".

I speak for Blond Ambition and Re-Invention when I say, it should have been both. :Madonna038:

1 hour ago, al4realz said:

think of it from the prospective of Madonna. if you were documenting your tour and had enough footage to make a film out of it, and include various performances (much like she did with Truth Or Dare), wouldnt you want the focus be on that documentary? after all, she had something to say with IMGTTYAS whether we liked it or not. i dont find it odd for her to include Lisbon footage since they were documenting the whole tour anyway. not only that, it seemed there were plans to broadcast the Lisbon Show, but it fell short with the network. also, we have heard Madonna wasnt happy with the filming of that show, but it didnt mean she didnt like portions of that show. maybe for a time, we were going to get both the documentary and concert in full.  her management had kept promising the actual concert as well.  but i can see Madonna wanting to push the documentary over a full concert being it was something different.

1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

think of it from the prospective of Madonna. if you were documenting your tour and had enough footage to make a film out of it, and include various performances (much like she did with Truth Or Dare), wouldnt you want the focus be on that documentary? after all, she had something to say with IMGTTYAS whether we liked it or not. i dont find it odd for her to include Lisbon footage since they were documenting the whole tour anyway. not only that, it seemed there were plans to broadcast the Lisbon Show, but it fell short with the network. also, we have heard Madonna wasnt happy with the filming of that show, but it didnt mean she didnt like portions of that show. maybe for a time, we were going to get both the documentary and concert in full.  her management had kept promising the actual concert as well.  but i can see Madonna wanting to push the documentary over a full concert being it was something different.

Curious, I keep seeing people talk about, but don't remember her ever actually saying this. When did she say she wasn't happy with the filming?

I think a lot of people forget that there was a clause that prevented the concert DVD from being released before the docu. She mentioned this in her Attitude magazine interview during the Confessions album in 2005. 

But even before that. The DVD had an on again and off again release schedule. At the end of the day, change in magagment, and the focus on planning a promo release schedule for what would be the Confessions album are the reasons the DVD never came to be. I also think Hamish Hamilton's lawsuit against M was another nail in the coffin for the DVD.

If you look over the history, everything pointed to a spring 2005 release for the DVD. Back in Dec 2004 & Jan 2005, Warner France, Warner Portugal, Warner Music Germany, Warner Music Mexico, and Warner Belgium all confirmed an April 2005 release. But by February, something happened and the DVD got postponed to the end of the year, as confirmed from Johann at ICON and a Feb 16th article from Madonna.com.

So there's definately a full finished cut out there, as shown from the BU and DAD vids.

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

Curious, I keep seeing people talk about, but don't remember her ever actually saying this. When did she say she wasn't happy with the filming?

I think a lot of people forget that there was a clause that prevented the concert DVD from being released before the docu. She mentioned this in her Attitude magazine interview during the Confessions album in 2005. 

But even before that. The DVD had an on again and off again release schedule. At the end of the day, change in magagment, and the focus on planning a promo release schedule for what would be the Confessions album are the reasons the DVD never came to be. I also think Hamish Hamilton's lawsuit against M was another nail in the coffin for the DVD.

If you look over the history, everything pointed to a spring 2005 release for the DVD. Back in Dec 2004 & Jan 2005, Warner France, Warner Portugal, Warner Music Germany, Warner Music Mexico, and Warner Belgium all confirmed an April 2005 release. But by February, something happened and the DVD got postponed to the end of the year, as confirmed from Johann at ICON and a Feb 16th article from Madonna.com.

So there's definately a full finished cut out there, as shown from the BU and DAD vids.

you make a valid point. but then there is always someone around to prove us wrong. but like you, i agree with much of everything you posted. it is hard to comment without some Madonna fans jumping all over you for the most accurate information.

i do recall the "on and off" release of the DVD.  I always just wrapped it up as the fact the Documentary was the primary reason. I guess we will never know.   i also recall CBS originally was slated to broadcast this tour.

the "clause" you mention was regarding the time the documentary was to be released/broadcasted before the DVD of the concert. there seemed to be an intention to release the full concert, but the more i think it was just a diversion. the documentary was meant to be the focus.  And if she was able to get a broadcast of the concert, more power to her.

13 hours ago, Andymad said:

Did they really?? I didn’t know this!

Yea, you can totally see it in Vogue for example. When she starts singing her corset is different from the rest of the performance. And if you see the Lisbon footage it is the totally the same shoot. Same with American life, and also Imagine you can see they used footage from both shows. 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic