Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

On 6/15/2020 at 10:54 AM, Gilbert said:

you make a valid point. but then there is always someone around to prove us wrong. but like you, i agree with much of everything you posted. it is hard to comment without some Madonna fans jumping all over you for the most accurate information.

i do recall the "on and off" release of the DVD.  I always just wrapped it up as the fact the Documentary was the primary reason. I guess we will never know.   i also recall CBS originally was slated to broadcast this tour.

the "clause" you mention was regarding the time the documentary was to be released/broadcasted before the DVD of the concert. there seemed to be an intention to release the full concert, but the more i think it was just a diversion. the documentary was meant to be the focus.  And if she was able to get a broadcast of the concert, more power to her.

I think theres got to be a very specific reason why it was never released that we don’t know about. Because she’s released every single other tour apart from this one. She could easily have released it during a quiet time if she wanted to.

13 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I think theres got to be a very specific reason why it was never released that we don’t know about. Because she’s released every single other tour apart from this one. She could easily have released it during a quiet time if she wanted to.

Well actually we have the same conflict of interest tour dvd/documentary for Blond Ambition (released on laserdisc only) and Truth or Dare...

14 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Well actually we have the same conflict of interest tour dvd/documentary for Blond Ambition (released on laserdisc only) and Truth or Dare...

I know but I always thought that was because of an exclusive deal with pioneer to do laserdisc only to try and push sales of laserdiscs? So nothing to do with the doco if that’s true....

I suppose we have so many fan created rumours now that we don’t know really know what is true.

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I know but I always thought that was because of an exclusive deal with pioneer to do laserdisc only to try and push sales of laserdiscs? So nothing to do with the doco if that’s true....

I suppose we have so many fan created rumours now that we don’t know really know what is true.

exactly. with BAT it got a release on Laser Disc and various shows were released in a few countries on VHS and eventually transferred to DVD. with RIT no one got anything when it comes to the full show. the broadcast of RIT was to happen but it just fell through for legal reasons. i still think she prefer her documentary be the focus. i know that doesnt make some of the fan base happy but it is what it is. and its not like we cant view it. the Lisbon show is easily accessible unofficially on the internet in pretty decent quality so i am happy we still are able to access it. i have it saved on various drives.

Why Are We Focused On The Old Tours ...Let's Discuss what to expect For This Release ... " Madame X Tour "  ... OR Let's Discuss How Can We Light Social Media ON FIRE  Demanding Madame X  Her Self , Her Team And The Production Team To Speed Up The Release  Process and Give US A DAMN RELEASE DATE !!!!!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, Erzougi said:

Why Are We Focused On The Old Tours ...Let's Discuss what to expect For This Release ... " Madame X Tour "  ... OR Let's Discuss How Can We Light Social Media ON FIRE  Demanding Madame X  Her Self , Her Team And The Production Team To Speed Up The Release  Process and Give US A DAMN RELEASE DATE !!!!!!!!!!

weve been there done that.  nothing to really talk about.  so of course we reminiscence of older tours.

43 minutes ago, Erzougi said:

I just had a flashback of time we were dying to get the Rebel Heart Tour film. 18 months waiting fellas, 18 months :rip:

1 hour ago, Erzougi said:

What else are we suppose to discuss?

Wasn't the Lisbon footage simply what was shown on the screens at the venue? It makes sense why it's not as dynamic as other shows or includes the type of editing or framing you would expect from a Madonna concert release. Are we really going to start the Lisbon footage being used in IGTTYAS again? When I spoke about it here, the thread got locked because some felt it to go out of their way to call it "rumors" and insult other members with childish remarks. As I stated then, there was a comparison video of the two shows and footage was used in Vogue with a color corrected corset and some other shots in other songs. I remember it being on YouTube but it's no longer there although traces of this talk can be found on other Madonna forums and pop forums.

She had planned to release the show as evident in her interviews but had a clause that the documentary had to be out for a certain amount of time before releasing the live show on home media. By then, she was already into the Confessions era and probably didn't want the two projects clashing with one another. As far as the box set talks go, the tours were indeed going to be released along with RIT and Blond Ambition before the plans fell through with Caresse, Madonna and Warner which is how we got that useless Remixed and Revisited EP as consolation. The cancelled broadcast of the show also shows Madonna indeed had plans to deliver a full concert aside from the documentary so the issue is not there isn't a full edit, (probably not fully finished or edited to her liking), professionally filmed shows, etc but the timing, legal embargo to which she couldn't release it due to the documentary and other projects overlapping, falling through that worked against the release of the show.

We'll get it eventually either through a release of her own or sadly a posthumous release as her labels or those who would have the rights would want to make any and every penny of her and her work that they can.

4 hours ago, Erzougi said:

There's been no teasers, hints nor insider news to warrant any discussion about the release at the moment.

40 minutes ago, Ekans said:

Can we talk about the MDNA Paris leaked footage? Is there any full concert recording from that night circulating among collectors? I'd love to see more raw footage from that tour since the official one isn't much watchable.

And I wouldn't mind talking about penises too. :Madonna003:

I think someone confirmed the full show wasn't filmed. Only up to around the majorette section or so, I could be wrong.

12 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I think someone confirmed the full show wasn't filmed. Only up to around the majorette section or so, I could be wrong.

I was in the crowd and pretty sure they we're filming the full thing..   I would be surprised if the full thing doesn't exist but I've never heard of anyone having the full recording :(

4 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

I was in the crowd and pretty sure they we're filming the full thing..   I would be surprised if the full thing doesn't exist but I've never heard of anyone having the full recording :(

I think it was. If you see the official DVD/Film, all the songs show footage from Paris. Maybe expect for Like a Virgin/Love Spent.

3 hours ago, al4realz said:

I think it was. If you see the official DVD/Film, all the songs show footage from Paris. Maybe expect for Like a Virgin/Love Spent.

Agree. We can see the Stade de France footage during the whole thing. Just remember the big stage with the MDNA letters on the roof during Celebration :yarn:

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic