Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

On 6/15/2020 at 12:58 AM, deathproof said:

I think a lot of people forget that there was a clause that prevented the concert DVD from being released before the docu. She mentioned this in her Attitude magazine interview during the Confessions album in 2005. 

But even before that. The DVD had an on again and off again release schedule. At the end of the day, change in magagment, and the focus on planning a promo release schedule for what would be the Confessions album are the reasons the DVD never came to be. I also think Hamish Hamilton's lawsuit against M was another nail in the coffin for the DVD.

If you look over the history, everything pointed to a spring 2005 release for the DVD. Back in Dec 2004 & Jan 2005, Warner France, Warner Portugal, Warner Music Germany, Warner Music Mexico, and Warner Belgium all confirmed an April 2005 release. But by February, something happened and the DVD got postponed to the end of the year, as confirmed from Johann at ICON and a Feb 16th article from Madonna.com.

So there's definately a full finished cut out there, as shown from the BU and DAD vids.

I remember watching the advertising fo the Live broadcasting of RIT Lisbon on CBS site, but it was deleted suddenly a few days before show date.

Then I remember too listening to Madonna saying in the promotion of IGTTYAS that she thought that if she released both documentary and concert people didn't pay attention to both titles, so she said she wanted to release the documentary first and then the dvd. It was a lot of differente release dates but the cancelation was the last word. I remember perfectly.

Maybe the success of Confessions album and tour made the RIT DVD had its time passed... who knows...

17 hours ago, lmvc said:

I remember watching the advertising fo the Live broadcasting of RIT Lisbon on CBS site, but it was deleted suddenly a few days before show date.

Then I remember too listening to Madonna saying in the promotion of IGTTYAS that she thought that if she released both documentary and concert people didn't pay attention to both titles, so she said she wanted to release the documentary first and then the dvd. It was a lot of differente release dates but the cancelation was the last word. I remember perfectly.

Maybe the success of Confessions album and tour made the RIT DVD had its time passed... who knows...

She had a time period where the documentary had to be out before releasing a live recording of the show. By then, she was into the Confessions album cycle.

4 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

She had a time period where the documentary had to be out before releasing a live recording of the show. By then, she was into the Confessions album cycle.

Exactly, and by the time the tour ended, focus was put on editing the Confessions Tour recording for TV and DVD. By early 2007, she was already working on a new album, working on a new movie, editing a documentary. And when 2008 hit, she had a new manager.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Am I right in thinking that a fan mentioned the Re-Invention Tour footage to Guy Oseary and he was under the impression that a DVD was already released? Or have I made this up?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
8 hours ago, Dusty said:

Does anyone have a release date yet?

I don’t think anything has been announced yet. 

16 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Am I right in thinking that a fan mentioned the Re-Invention Tour footage to Guy Oseary and he was under the impression that a DVD was already released? Or have I made this up?

No you didn’t make it up. I remember it.

Somebody asked him when the DVD is coming and he said it’s already out referring to the doco. It was reported somewhere, on a forum or fan site. I don’t remember the source so who knows how reliable that is.

He also apparently said the extra songs from Sticky would get released on twitter and that didn’t happen. Sadly that’s just reality, not everything happens as planned. I think Guy really listens to the fans and really cares about the fans. Somebody has to :lol: 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
29 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

No you didn’t make it up. I remember it.

Somebody asked him when the DVD is coming and he said it’s already out referring to the doco. It was reported somewhere, on a forum or fan site. I don’t remember the source so who knows how reliable that is.

He also apparently said the extra songs from Sticky would get released on twitter and that didn’t happen. Sadly that’s just reality, not everything happens as planned. I think Guy really listens to the fans and really cares about the fans. Somebody has to :lol: 

Thank you for sharing. It’s a shame we never got the songs from Sticky & Sweet 2009. I personally prefer the second leg to the first.

I’m sure there’s plenty of reasons why we’re not getting releases like this, and I’m sure he does care. But if the reason is to do with Madonna not caring then he needs to put his foot down.

58 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Thank you for sharing. It’s a shame we never got the songs from Sticky & Sweet 2009. I personally prefer the second leg to the first.

I’m sure there’s plenty of reasons why we’re not getting releases like this, and I’m sure he does care. But if the reason is to do with Madonna not caring then he needs to put his foot down.

To me, it SEEMS like she’s kinda out of the loop when it comes to the quality of her back catalog. Tours, music videos, albums, mastering... just seems like “did that performed that filmed that, it’s done”

Guest Nobody Knows Me
44 minutes ago, Andymad said:

To me, it SEEMS like she’s kinda out of the loop when it comes to the quality of her back catalog. Tours, music videos, albums, mastering... just seems like “did that performed that filmed that, it’s done”

I agree. It’s a very frustrating state of mind to be honest, but perhaps it will change when she needs to make a few grand without going on tour. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, Enrico said:

For the back catalog nostalgic, I really enjoy these comprative videos:

You can also check the mix and mess of Ciao Italia here:

Blond Ambition in Paris is so gorgeous :Madonna041:

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

For the back catalog nostalgic, I really enjoy these comprative videos:

You can also check the mix and mess of Ciao Italia here:

Amazing how good the New Jersey one compares to the Japan in terms of color and overall quality. Now it's officially my go to ponytail BAT concert.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
7 hours ago, Andymad said:

I agree with you. But goodness in Japan her voice was great! Open Your Heart and PDP are my playlist go to’s

Yeah, Japan was definitely her best vocals from the tour.

5 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

hopefully now that backdrops are leaking it could mean a release date announced soon?

20 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I think this one is The coffin interlude before Batuka

It's called Amor De Mãe, and it didn't leak. It was posted on its director's VIMEO account. So not a leak, just to make things clear.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic