Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

8 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Meh. The workshops are always such a letdown. It would be so much more interesting to see how she goes about choosing the set list, whether choreography is selected “as is” or is modified, production challenges once they hit dress rehearsal, how instrumentals are put together and decided upon, what songs ultimately become outtakes, etc.

Totally agree!! I always like to know what songs were meant to be included on a setlist and then rejected (such as Impressive Instant S&S, Everybody CT, Deeper and Deeper CT...)

During the Madame X Tour workshop - May 24 / May 31 2019 - she shared some pretty interesting files on her Insta, not just dancers' footage, also with the Batukadeiras, footage doing Crave, LAP, Vogue, the Frozen violins... and remember i'm not talking about the actual rehearsals, JUST the workshop footage shared by her from May 24 to May 31 2019. I wouldn't mind if the DVD/BD extras feature all of that.

8 hours ago, Frank said:

During the Madame X Tour workshop - May 24 / May 31 2019 - she shared some pretty interesting files on her Insta, not just dancers' footage, also with the Batukadeiras, footage doing Crave, LAP, Vogue, the Frozen violins... and remember i'm not talking about the actual rehearsals, JUST the workshop footage shared by her from May 24 to May 31 2019. I wouldn't mind if the DVD/BD extras feature all of that.

Extras?  On a Madonna DVD? :Madonna031:

I just hope we'll get it before 2022!

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I’m going to remain hopeful for an Amazon Prime release by the end of the year and a physical release in 2021.

9 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

Totally agree!! I always like to know what songs were meant to be included on a setlist and then rejected (such as Impressive Instant S&S, Everybody CT, Deeper and Deeper CT...)

For this tour it was Easy Ride instead of Papa, Crave (acoustic version) was supposed to be performed after Medellin. You Must Love Me (in Portugese) was also in the second act. I believe Future had a different version (with an e guitar) and was performed before Prayer. The other songs mentioned (What it feels like for a girl, x static process, forbidden love, justify my love...) were also supposed to be in the setlist and were rehearsed in acoustic versions similar to the bonus song section from the Rebel Heart Tour. Some sources also mentioned that an updated version similar to the original mix of Rescue Me was rehearsed and that Satin Birds (W.E. soundtrack) or Falling Free were meant to be the interlude before Frozen.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I recall her mentioning What It Feels Like For a Girl in one of her Instagram posts but wasn’t sure if she was actually rehearsing it, but it could’ve fit the themes in the tour so well. 

34 minutes ago, stancherry said:

For this tour it was Easy Ride instead of Papa, Crave (acoustic version) was supposed to be performed after Medellin. You Must Love Me (in Portugese) was also in the second act. I believe Future had a different version (with an e guitar) and was performed before Prayer. The other songs mentioned (What it feels like for a girl, x static process, forbidden love, justify my love...) were also supposed to be in the setlist and were rehearsed in acoustic versions similar to the bonus song section from the Rebel Heart Tour. Some sources also mentioned that an updated version similar to the original mix of Rescue Me was rehearsed and that Satin Birds (W.E. soundtrack) or Falling Free were meant to be the interlude before Frozen.

And then we had Vogue, La isla, Papa don't preach and Like a prayer. 

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I recall her mentioning What It Feels Like For a Girl in one of her Instagram posts but wasn’t sure if she was actually rehearsing it, but it could’ve fit the themes in the tour so well. 

This is what was rumored a week before opening night:

Madame X Intro

God control

Dark ballet

Human nature

Vogue

Future

American life

What it feels like for a girl interlude

Easy ride

Extreme occident

Killers who are partying

X-tatic process / Sodade

Batuka

Justify my love interlude

Crave

Crazy

I don't search I find

Rescue me

You must love me

Frozen

Falling free interlude

Medellin

Come alive

Like a prayer

I rise

1 hour ago, stancherry said:

a lot of this was typical playing around to find a suitable set list. obviously some of the songs she threw out didnt work for her for whatever reason. if we were clued into what she was thinking it could make total sense. i think there will always be certain songs she will perform again and again nearly on all tours.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
8 minutes ago, deathproof said:

This is what was rumored a week before opening night:

Madame X Intro

God control

Dark ballet

Human nature

Vogue

Future

American life

What it feels like for a girl interlude

Easy ride

Extreme occident

Killers who are partying

X-tatic process / Sodade

Batuka

Justify my love interlude

Crave

Crazy

I don't search I find

Rescue me

You must love me

Frozen

Falling free interlude

Medellin

Come alive

Like a prayer

I rise

Oh yeah, I remember seeing this at the time and being really pleased with the songs she selected for the show but then really confused by the ordering of it. 

6 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Oh yeah, I remember seeing this at the time and being really pleased with the songs she selected for the show but then really confused by the ordering of it. 

There was a rumor going around that the set list had to be adjusted because it was running too long. I could see this as being true, since theaters have curfews, and her team knowing she’d be going on late.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
9 minutes ago, deathproof said:

There was a rumor going around that the set list had to be adjusted because it was running too long. I could see this as being true, since theaters have curfews, and her team knowing she’d be going on late.

If it is true then I wonder what they had in store for the What It Feels Like For a Girl and Justify My Love interludes... 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
4 hours ago, deathproof said:

Did fado versions of those ever get played during the pre-show?

Not to my knowledge. At my show they did fado versions of Who’s That Girl, Secret, Don’t Tell Me and Like a Virgin. Then we waited for over an hour until she got onstage.

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Not to my knowledge. At my show they did fado versions of Who’s That Girl, Secret, Don’t Tell Me and Like a Virgin. Then we waited for over an hour until she got onstage.

what played over on the pre-show playlist while the band wasn't on stage? and also, what was the song played after the show was over?

1 hour ago, Andymad said:

So seeing as we’ll be getting the Lisbon recording of the show... can anyone confirm her banters were at least... interesting? Lol really hoping for some good conversation between songs. We’re there any motherfuckers exchanged?

-asking for a friend.funny gif lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

wasnt it pretty much the same throughout the tour?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
7 hours ago, mr00mister said:

what played over on the pre-show playlist while the band wasn't on stage? and also, what was the song played after the show was over?

There was no pre-show playlist at my date. Just the band coming on and doing fado versions of the songs I mentioned and we sang along, then we just talked amongst ourselves for the next hour. When the show was over, again, no song. Just her leaving the building when I Rise was over.

2 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

There was no pre-show playlist at my date. Just the band coming on and doing fado versions of the songs I mentioned and we sang along, then we just talked amongst ourselves for the next hour. When the show was over, again, no song. Just her leaving the building when I Rise was over.

Same in London

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic