Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

This era is getting more and more similar to the AL/RIT era. I think that eventually it will happen the same as with the RIT dvd: she will scrap the MXT dvd (if she ever had the idea to release it) and then she will release a documental with only some performances and lots of backstage and rehearsal scenes...

Not to mention all the other similarities that MX era share with the AL era (underperforming singles, some fans hate the album while others love it, good live vocals but excessive autotune and vocoder, political and social themes...)

3 minutes ago, Jitterbug said:

This era is getting more and more similar to the AL/RIT era. I think that eventually it will happen the same as with the RIT dvd: she will scrap the MXT dvd (if she ever had the idea to release it) and then she will release a documental with only some performances and lots of backstage and rehearsal scenes...

Not to mention all the other similarities that MX era share with the AL era (underperforming singles, some fans hate the album while others love it, good live vocals but excessive autotune and vocoder, political and social themes...)

Let's indeed hope she scraps the DVD and release a Bluray instead ??????? ... It's 2020 after all.

5 minutes ago, Jitterbug said:

The difference is in 2004 she had planned to make a documentary all along since before the tour started. It was broadcast in October 2005 over a year after the tour ended and was contracted to not come out on DVD until the following year (2006). By that time they were well into the Confessions era and it probably made no sense to release the full tour on DVD as too much time had passed. Plus, Careese confirmed that full RIT couldn't be released until a certain amount of months after the IGTTYAS DVD came out, and they were already broadcasting the Confessions Tour and releasing the DVD for that.

I can't see the same happening to MXT. If the concert is truly done editing, there's no way they'll go back and start from scratch to make a documentary.

49 minutes ago, Fighter said:

shes probably gonna drop the details as a surprise she's not about teasing ad nauseam anymore 

I hope so! I’m so excited for this release. I’m inviting all my friends over and having like a 3 course dinner party featuring all portuguese foods. And I’m gonna make them all appreciate Madame X :drama:

I think the reason we have to wait so long for the release of tour videos these days is because I think there's just SO MUCH footage to get through. Great, cheap, high quality cameras are so ubiquitous now. If you look back through this thread, there are mentions of recorded dress rehearsals, recordings of the audience, Ricardo's camera, phones, other handheld cameras - there's just SO MUCH FOOTAGE to get through. In the old days, you had a film crew with a finite number of camera booked on certain dates and the footage you got was the footage you got. 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic