Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

8 hours ago, Kieran said:

The Live CD version of MDNA Tour is the first main Madonna album release that I refused to buy - for that reason. I got the BluRay. But my Live CD collection stopped at that point. Stunningly lazy and arrogant approach. 

Yeah, I didn't even bother to buy the RHT CD. I can just rip the audio for free at home so why bother? Not to mention I made my own expanded edit with longer cuts of Devil Pray, Deeper and Deeper, and La Isla Bonita with Like A Prayer and Take A Bow added back in. 

2 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Yeah, I didn't even bother to buy the RHT CD. I can just rip the audio for free at home so why bother? Not to mention I made my own expanded edit with longer cuts of Devil Pray, Deeper and Deeper, and La Isla Bonita with Like A Prayer and Take A Bow added back in. 

I don't really understand why they made the cut at the end of Devil Pray. It did not seem to shave much time off of the release.

Edited by MonsieurX (see edit history)

4 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Aren’t those songs on the CD?

Can anyone shed some light on the NBC broadcast of CT? The incredible quality and all we have is some kinda slack DVD... what happened there? Even iTunes is shite. That’s a missed opportunity. I wonder if there was a full broadcast NBC fit and aired an edited version to fit the time slut. Slot.

22 hours ago, MonsieurX said:

I don't really understand why they made the cut at the end of Devil Pray. It did not seem to shave much time off of the release.

They literally had to cut every second so they could make the show under 2 hours. Supposedly Showtime requested it didn't go beyond 120 minutes. With all the speeches and bonus songs, the show would have been close to 2 hours, 20 minutes. 

20 hours ago, Shoful said:

Aren’t those songs on the CD?

Devil pray is missing a chorus toward the end, Deeper and Deeper is also missing a chorus in the middle, Love Don't Live Here Anymore and Lucky Star were completely deleted, and La Isla Bonita's intro was completely cut off. Body Shop and Music also had their intro edited down. The CD nor the DVD had Like A Prayer and Take A Bow in the show (they were bonus tracks on the video release). 

18 hours ago, Andymad said:

Can anyone shed some light on the NBC broadcast of CT? The incredible quality and all we have is some kinda slack DVD... what happened there? Even iTunes is shite. That’s a missed opportunity. I wonder if there was a full broadcast NBC fit and aired an edited version to fit the time slut. Slot.

What do you mean? 

I know they had a commercial after every 2 songs, some performances were edited down for timing, and from I remember, the following were cut out completely: Sorry interlude, Drowned World, Paradise, Lucky Star. 

7 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Exactly what I mean haha. Was there ever a full broadcast in that high quality? And why wasn’t it released in that quality on iTunes? Boggles my mind lol

No there wasn’t. The reason it wasn’t released in that quality is because HD wasn’t as common and in demand back then. At least we know it must exist so hopefully one day they will release it, probably on a streaming service though.

On 8/25/2020 at 10:12 AM, steady75 said:

I hear Lola recorded the Madame X show from the London Palladium royal box on her iPhone 6 and she is almost finished editing it in Imovie and Mark Up for effects. 
It premiers as a Snapchat exclusive in 87 mini stories. 
That 4K upgrade transfer cigarette in the Video threads better get his hard drives greased.  

Madame X is a Betamax throwback in the haus of Blu Ray

....in 4 megapixel realness.

This is a joke? ?

On 8/25/2020 at 7:33 AM, Enrico said:

As Casey Spooner is finally credited as a writer for God Control, she might remove it from the dvd and release the "short version" instead  :devil:

GC is the new Love don't live here anymore :lol:

God Control is the new Angel :laughing:

Madonna could release the shorter version of her show... 

Madame X Tour Intro

Vogue

I Don't Search I Find 

American Life 

Amor De Mãe (Interlude) 

Batuka

Fado Pechincha 

Killers Who Are Partying 

Crazy

Welcome to My Fado Club / La Isla Bonita 

Medellín Intro (Interlude) 

Medellín 

Extreme Occident 

Rescue Me (Interlude) 

Frozen

Come Alive 

Future

Like a Prayer 

I Rise

:Madonna021: is not so bad... :Madonna033:

12 hours ago, Monsieur Hugo X said:

Madame X Tour Intro

Vogue

I Don't Search I Find 

American Life 

Amor De Mãe (Interlude) 

Batuka

Fado Pechincha 

Killers Who Are Partying 

Crazy

Medellín 

Extreme Occident 

Rescue Me (Interlude) 

Frozen

Come Alive 

Future

Like a Prayer 

I Rise

i hope the full show will make the live CD

19 hours ago, musicinferno said:

They literally had to cut every second so they could make the show under 2 hours. Supposedly Showtime requested it didn't go beyond 120 minutes. With all the speeches and bonus songs, the show would have been close to 2 hours, 20 minutes. 

Devil pray is missing a chorus toward the end, Deeper and Deeper is also missing a chorus in the middle, Love Don't Live Here Anymore and Lucky Star were completely deleted, and La Isla Bonita's intro was completely cut off. Body Shop and Music also had their intro edited down. The CD nor the DVD had Like A Prayer and Take A Bow in the show (they were bonus tracks on the video release). 

Wow well this is brand new info to me ?

Is the entire show included in the DVD? 

On 8/28/2020 at 8:23 AM, Shoful said:

Wow well this is brand new info to me ?

Is the entire show included in the DVD? 

Nope. We thought it'd be the full show given prior to other releases any other edited for time/censored shows were usually released uncut on the home release. With RHT, it was the same exact broadcast on the physical copy. And yes, to the edits. Lots of songs were shortened, choruses removed, songs omitted without a confirmed reason but she did keep that long piece before Rebel Heart that totally went against the show. 

1 hour ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Nope. We thought it'd be the full show given prior to other releases any other edited for time/censored shows were usually released uncut on the home release. With RHT, it was the same exact broadcast on the physical copy. And yes, to the edits. Lots of songs were shortened, choruses removed, songs omitted without a confirmed reason but she did keep that long piece before Rebel Heart that totally went against the show. 

That's both interesting and disappointing to know. Would you mind listing all the cuts that were made to the filmed show? I know from some comments above that DP, D&D and LIB were shortened, but what are the others?

15 minutes ago, Ekans said:

That's both interesting and disappointing to know. Would you mind listing all the cuts that were made to the filmed show? I know from some comments above that DP, D&D and LIB were shortened, but what are the others?

From my memory

Devil Pray is cut towards the end.
Deeper and Deeper is another.
La Isla Bonita intro is missing.
Love Don't Live Here Anymore
Music
Lucky Star is missing from the medley
Not a cut but Like a Virgin (the Heartbeat breakdown) is extended and made longer
Body Shop intro is shorter than the live version.

11 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

From my memory

Devil Pray is cut towards the end.
Deeper and Deeper is another.
La Isla Bonita intro is missing.
Love Don't Live Here Anymore
Music
Lucky Star is missing from the medley
Not a cut but Like a Virgin (the Heartbeat breakdown) is extended and made longer
Body Shop intro is shorter than the live version.

The outro from Messiah Interlude was edited, S.E.X. Interlude was edited, The intro from the 80's Medley was edited too. 

On 8/27/2020 at 11:01 PM, Monsieur Hugo X said:

Madame X Tour Intro

Vogue

I Don't Search I Find 

American Life 

Amor De Mãe (Interlude) 

Batuka

Fado Pechincha 

Killers Who Are Partying 

Crazy

Medellín 

Extreme Occident 

Rescue Me (Interlude) 

Frozen

Come Alive 

Future

Like a Prayer 

I Rise

Yes it is very bad and I hope she don't do this.

From 9 shows I went, 2 was the lazy cut version and the whole thing lose the mean. No only for me, but I remember looking people around and they "what?"  :Madonna039:

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic