Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

On 8/27/2020 at 1:38 PM, musicinferno said:

They literally had to cut every second so they could make the show under 2 hours. Supposedly Showtime requested it didn't go beyond 120 minutes. With all the speeches and bonus songs, the show would have been close to 2 hours, 20 minutes. 

Devil pray is missing a chorus toward the end, Deeper and Deeper is also missing a chorus in the middle, Love Don't Live Here Anymore and Lucky Star were completely deleted, and La Isla Bonita's intro was completely cut off. Body Shop and Music also had their intro edited down. The CD nor the DVD had Like A Prayer and Take A Bow in the show (they were bonus tracks on the video release). 

Literally banging my head at the thought of this. Where’s Madonna the perfectionist? So much for artistic integrity that they butchered the official release of her art.

On 8/25/2020 at 8:33 AM, Enrico said:

As Casey Spooner is finally credited as a writer for God Control, she might remove it from the dvd and release the "short version" instead  :devil:

GC is the new Love don't live here anymore :lol:

God Control is the new Angel :laughing:

So much for her “artistic integrity” that she keeps talking about. Cutting the opener of her show... wow how much lower are we gonna get, really?

3 minutes ago, deathproof said:

No one said it was cut from the DVD though

I know.. I hope it won’t be, but if that’s even remotely possible, it would be devastating because God Control is literally one of my all time most favorite Madonna songs and she cut it on one of my dates and now not even a single professional recording???

Guest Nobody Knows Me
19 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

So much for her “artistic integrity” that she keeps talking about. Cutting the opener of her show... wow how much lower are we gonna get, really?

When did she say she was cutting God Control?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
16 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

She didn’t, but Enrico said the song credited the writer who was suing so he speculated that she might cut it from the tour recording and now even the thought of that drives me crazy lol

I doubt she will, since she teased professional footage of the tour months ago when the feud was still ongoing and it featured the God Control performance.

829097B2-E1CF-4B1A-BA91-288BF51CF9B3.jpeg

1 hour ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

She didn’t, but Enrico said the song credited the writer who was suing so he speculated that she might cut it from the tour recording and now even the thought of that drives me crazy lol

I myself on the previous page said I was just joking:

I was laughing at her strange decisions. We often speculated she cut LDLHA not to pay royalties.

I am not an insider!

There's no way they will cut God Control. 

I still wonder if the Warner contract delayed the release meaning they may have taken over the rights of the stream/DVD and they're planning their own marketing? I still think it'll just be wasted and randomly show up on Amazon Prime with no announcement or promotion. The World of Madame X randomly appeared without prior knowledge of it from what I remember. 

28 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

There's no way they will cut God Control. 

I still wonder if the Warner contract delayed the release meaning they may have taken over the rights of the stream/DVD and they're planning their own marketing? I still think it'll just be wasted and randomly show up on Amazon Prime with no announcement or promotion. The World of Madame X randomly appeared without prior knowledge of it from what I remember. 

I don’t think so, she will tease it beforehand.

Like the previous live dvds, this release will have to fill the probably long (4 years) gap between Madame X and the next record, it's her interest to delay it as much as she can. In the meantime some fans will be gone before it happens... this self-destructive strategy has already been killing her fanbase and reducing her actual relevance.

It won’t be four years Til her next record. I expect something late next year early 2022. With this huge gap in Her schedule for Covid she’ll be eager to get in with things and the house will feel much quieter when the kids are back to school / homeschooling. 
The script will be one thing but even just going back through her career will trigger memories or she’ll see ideas she forgot about in the diaries. 
I can imagine her actually doing a record about her life journey. Her version of a greatest hits if you will.

Madame X DVD November

Like a Prayer box set in March 2021

Year of Spotify releases

Some sort of collection at Xmas 2021

New album March 2022

Tour summer 2022

Everybody 40th career anniversary winter 2022

debut 40th anniversary 2023

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic