Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

3 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Amen.

Long gaps of nothing, late releases of concerts, complete neglect to her legacy and the anniversaries of her iconic works (or disgraceful ways to celebrate them with cheap-looking t-shirts and merch), no appearances unless there’s an album to promote, no worthwhile content on social media, no proper and accessible releases of her past tours, and no real ways to celebrate her career and incentivize people to check her out.

A self-destructive strategy is exactly what it is. They’re ruining her career (and she is too) and her irrelevancy isn’t caused by sexism and ageism is she claims. They are both a factor but it’s her horrendous management and late hopping on cheap trends and relying on names to sell below average songs that is doing the biggest harm. 

I completely agree. I don't understand why she wants people to forget her past when, That is the only thing keeping people interested. I have a confession. I have literally NO INTEREST in the whole Madame X ERA. I wanted to rip that eyepad of her face?Im kidding but, it just didn't do anything for me. Thats just my opinion I know alot of people actually love the album and it did get great reviews. Its just not to my taste.?‍♂️ But I loved Rebel Heart and the tour. 

22 hours ago, Craigypants said:

I completely agree. I don't understand why she wants people to forget her past when, That is the only thing keeping people interested. I have a confession. I have literally NO INTEREST in the whole Madame X ERA. I wanted to rip that eyepad of her face?Im kidding but, it just didn't do anything for me. Thats just my opinion I know alot of people actually love the album and it did get great reviews. Its just not to my taste.?‍♂️ But I loved Rebel Heart and the tour. 

While I did enjoy Madame X era, it was too much of a missed opportunity and she seems to be struggling with getting hits that she has to rent a rapper or a model or a new handsome hit maker every time to sell a lead single and then drop the ball and even with those collars, it seems a lot like her making an average song and relying on the feature to sell it than making some actual good songs. It often ends up that these collabs are not as good as her songs or the other artist.

It’s really sad. She doesn’t seem to be the perfectionist she used to be and she doesn’t seem to make any right decisions to put her name out there. It’s tiring... 

On 9/4/2020 at 9:50 PM, RinoTheBouncer said:

Amen.

Long gaps of nothing, late releases of concerts, complete neglect to her legacy and the anniversaries of her iconic works (or disgraceful ways to celebrate them with cheap-looking t-shirts and merch), no appearances unless there’s an album to promote, no worthwhile content on social media, no proper and accessible releases of her past tours, and no real ways to celebrate her career and incentivize people to check her out.

A self-destructive strategy is exactly what it is. They’re ruining her career (and she is too) and her irrelevancy isn’t caused by sexism and ageism is she claims. They are both a factor but it’s her horrendous management and late hopping on cheap trends and relying on names to sell below average songs that is doing the biggest harm. 

Honestly, I think the long gaps of nothing are kinda interesting. She lasted more than 30 years using these lol. 

I feel so tired with all of this new artists releasing new stuff all the time. It gets to a point that I don't even care anymore, it's like "Oh, another single/album/whatever"... cool. :bothered2:

Definitely it's not like when Adele drops a new album...:hyper: for instance.

She use this "long gaps of nothing" strategy too and I like it because it make me miss her, you know? I'm not even a fan, but I miss listening to her songs... I miss her releasing new songs... This is not something that I usually feel with others artists... I mean, did you listened to Folklore? I baddly had time to listen to Lover, watch the show and that doc, and then - BANG - another album? Like... Girl. :kiss2: I gotta work you know, I can't survive on consuming new TS content.  :smke:

You get my point?

But, anyway, I believe you're very accurate with everything else, and super agreed. :dance:

On 9/5/2020 at 9:19 PM, Winn said:

I liked MX era, esp the tour, but she hasnt had a decent lead single since Hard Candy imo, and the MX videos were dreadful, which is a shame because she still has what it takes to make great vids.

The MX videos were not "dreadful".  Medellin, God Control, Batuka, Dark Ballet, Crave and I Rise.  Plentiful and great!  Better than 4 Minutes and Give It 2 Me (and Miles Away) by a long shot in quantity and quality although I like both videos. 

2 hours ago, rog said:

Honestly, I think the long gaps of nothing are kinda interesting. She lasted more than 30 years using these lol. 

I feel so tired with all of this new artists releasing new stuff all the time. It gets to a point that I don't even care anymore, it's like "Oh, another single/album/whatever"... cool. :bothered2:

Definitely it's not like when Adele drops a new album...:hyper: for instance.

She use this "long gaps of nothing" strategy too and I like it because it make me miss her, you know? I'm not even a fan, but I miss listening to her songs... I miss her releasing new songs... This is not something that I usually feel with others artists... I mean, did you listened to Folklore? I baddly had time to listen to Lover, watch the show and that doc, and then - BANG - another album? Like... Girl. :kiss2: I gotta work you know, I can't survive on consuming new TS content.  :smke:

You get my point?

But, anyway, I believe you're very accurate with everything else, and super agreed. :dance:

I don’t expect her to operate like say Ariana Grande or Cardi B, but like her long gaps haven’t always existed. Her past albums were much less spaced out and RH-MX was the longest one yet. Adele is a different type of artist. Not saying she’s better than Madonna, but she’s great and she can literally trend worldwide with one blurry selfie. Madonna doesn’t, and it’s like Madonna is always on Instagram so she isn’t exactly being missed and the posts are often more to her detriment than her benefit.

If she was like completely rare, then she might have made a huge impact every time she returns but now we’re at a point where every new album since Hard Candy is called “her comeback” and sadly each new one performs worse than the one before. It’s not like I care about charts but for an artist her age to be so rare musically but always getting bad press from social media, not to mention bad management, it’s not working the way it works for Adele, you know what I mean? and it’s kinda making people forget her more, and for an artist like her who’s all about energetic performances and larger than life shows, she won’t be doing those as good as she used to when she releases her next album at 65 or 70.

Either way I love her and I wish nothing but to see her shine like the supreme she is.

big big hugs back at you ?

1 minute ago, MonsieurX said:

Madonna stated that they are starting editing on the Madame X Tour DVD. The editing process was delayed due to COVID-19. 

I was about to write the same! She said they started editing but it was put on hold due to the quarantine, right? And just now they are resuming the edition.

18 minutes ago, MonsieurX said:

Madonna stated that they are starting editing on the Madame X Tour DVD. The editing process was delayed due to COVID-19. 

15 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

I was about to write the same! She said they started editing but it was put on hold due to the quarantine, right? And just now they are resuming the edition.

She said this - but also that they're editing it right now as they speak about it. :Madonna014:

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic