Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

I do like the editing style. 
the continuity issues are really gonna wear me out if it’s different hair every 2 seconds. The point of wearing wigs is for show-to-show continuity, no? I know SHE gets bored, but when the bulk of the viewing audience never got a chance to see it live, there’s really no need to present it as a “tour film” like the past couple of releases that were competing with fan-edited YouTube vids that were at times more entertaining and “live” than the broadcast/released versions. 

imo, the show should’ve been broadcast live on HBO. I’m down for a more cinematic edit, but it’s just another hole blown in the “I’m a perfectionist...” mantra M likes to reiterate. 

the MXT was brilliant, mind-blowing, surreal...  and yet it also had more dull moments than any Madonna show should ever have, and seeing it 4x; 2xNY, Chicago, Philly, its obvious it wasn’t a finished show to begin with, which made the lack of spontaneous moments more obvious and disappointing. 

I loved it, and it pissed me off. Life is a circle! Lol. 

1 hour ago, RebelHeartbreak said:

I do like the editing style. 
the continuity issues are really gonna wear me out if it’s different hair every 2 seconds. The point of wearing wigs is for show-to-show continuity, no? I know SHE gets bored, but when the bulk of the viewing audience never got a chance to see it live, there’s really no need to present it as a “tour film” like the past couple of releases that were competing with fan-edited YouTube vids that were at times more entertaining and “live” than the broadcast/released versions. 

imo, the show should’ve been broadcast live on HBO. I’m down for a more cinematic edit, but it’s just another hole blown in the “I’m a perfectionist...” mantra M likes to reiterate. 

the MXT was brilliant, mind-blowing, surreal...  and yet it also had more dull moments than any Madonna show should ever have, and seeing it 4x; 2xNY, Chicago, Philly, its obvious it wasn’t a finished show to begin with, which made the lack of spontaneous moments more obvious and disappointing. 

I loved it, and it pissed me off. Life is a circle! Lol. 

Totally agreed that it came across as an unfinished show. As did Rebel Heart. Something happened to how Madonna approached shows after MDNA.

I do wonder if her foot injury in 2014 was more extreme than she made it out to be. Remember her using a cane at the Grammy’s? She hasn’t danced hard since that era. It leads me to believe she comes up with concepts for shows that need to be scrapped due to her inability to physically keep up. I wonder if a lot more gets scrapped and reworked than in the past, hence why her shows aren’t quite as tight anymore. 

Just a thought.

9 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Totally agreed that it came across as an unfinished show. As did Rebel Heart. Something happened to how Madonna approached shows after MDNA.

I do wonder if her foot injury in 2014 was more extreme than she made it out to be. Remember her using a cane at the Grammy’s? She hasn’t danced hard since that era. It leads me to believe she comes up with concepts for shows that need to be scrapped due to her inability to physically keep up. I wonder if a lot more gets scrapped and reworked than in the past, hence why her shows aren’t quite as tight anymore. 

Just a thought.

Do you realize Madonna is now 60+ y/o? I mean... she is rocking for her age! But you really can't expect her to dance in the same way she did ten or even five years ago.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I’m more excited for the biopic than this personally, but I am still going to be watching it as soon as it comes out. I saw it when she was really injured so I’m hoping I’ll see the show in a different light on the DVD.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic