Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

According to that Facebook page "Madonna News" (they really need to work on their English!), the "DVD" is not coming until next year. I called it! I'm sure that's actually the case. I'm going to be very disappointed if it's actually a DVD/Blu-Ray release. I would really love for this to get far more exposure, and like it or not, in this day and age, streaming services is the way to go. Personally, I don't even have a DVD player anymore. I believe not many younger people do either... New laptops don't have a CD drive at all, so here's me hoping they'll be more innovative and creative with this release.

Edited by madfan13_86 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Love her music and she’s hot but she’s such an awkward performer and not much of a vocalist either tbh

Madonna is the proof that you don't need to be a vocalist to have a great career (even though Dua Won't have Madonna's career for sure)

I like her and her recognizable voice

3 hours ago, madenis said:

Madonna is the proof that you don't need to be a vocalist to have a great career (even though Dua Won't have Madonna's career for sure)

That may be true but Madonna is also the ultimate proof that you can make up for vocal shortcomings with charisma and stage presence, neither or which Dua Lipa is in possession sadly. I watched her performance on Graham Norton last week - she looked great, sounded great, the staging was fun, her dress was to die for and yet she looked dead behind the eyes for most of the song. I like her, like her songs but she has ZERO stage presence. :)

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 hours ago, madenis said:

Madonna is the proof that you don't need to be a vocalist to have a great career 

I agree, but I feel like she used to take a lot more care to her voice than she does now, and sounded really good, especially from Drowned World Tour to Confessions Tour. 

2 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I agree, but I feel like she used to take a lot more care to her voice than she does now, and sounded really good, especially from Drowned World Tour to Confessions Tour. 

Yes and no. Undeniably her vocals were usually on point 1996-2006. However, let’s not forget how awful her voice was on that “Shanti/Ray of Light” performance at the 1998 VMAs, as well as pretty much every single time she sang “The Power of Goodbye” live (particularly on that “do you want to go higheeerrrrr” line, as she clearly couldn’t haha). 

Also, although  “interesting” in her delivery, her vocals during the Blond Ambition Tour and Who’s That Girl Tour were often raspy, forced and off tune. Sometimes it pains me to see her lack of technique... rewatching videos from those shows you can even see the veins in her neck almost on the verge of popping out from all the pressure/strain she used to put on her throat while singing high notes. 

M has a looong history of not being a great live singer, even though she can, for sure. In fact, I’ve always been fascinated with the fact that she claims to be a perfectionist, yet this is something she never seemed to be much concerned about- being a better live singer. Even when she sang small parts, like the “Open your heart” bit at the 2014 Grammy Awards with Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, her voice sounded untrained and strained. And I was like “whyyy?!?!” ?  She enjoys torturing us. 

18 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Dua does not have what Madonna had (or even close)

I haven't said that she has what Madonna had lol

Just that you don't need the greatest voice to have a great career.
I love how M's voice is transmitting emotions. I do prefer that to some other singers that are good singers but are more into demonstration than giving us emotions.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
10 minutes ago, WopaelWopael said:

Why tonight? As pre thanksgiving drop?

No I mean because of her going viral because people have confused her with Maradona.

On 11/24/2020 at 2:43 PM, madfan13_86 said:

I'm going to be very disappointed if it's actually a DVD/Blu-Ray release. I would really love for this to get far more exposure, and like it or not, in this day and age, streaming services is the way to go. Personally, I don't even have a DVD player anymore. I believe not many younger people do either... New laptops don't have a CD drive at all, so here's me hoping they'll be more innovative and creative with this release.

Like it or not, Madonna mainly attracts older people, i.e. 40+. And we only want physical media from her, no downloads or fucking stupid streaming. And as the last two albums showed, most of the sales were CD and / or vinyl. I own all of her work on vinyl and CD and the rest, which the record company "kindly" doesn't release, on bootlegs. I hope for a great Blu-Ray from the Madame X Tour and can happily do without streaming in the future. It's too cold and impersonal for me ...

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic