Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

8 minutes ago, Daphne Du Maurier said:

Like it or not, Madonna mainly attracts older people, i.e. 40+. And we only want physical media from her, no downloads or fucking stupid streaming. And as the last two albums showed, most of the sales were CD and / or vinyl. I own all of your work on vinyl and CD and the rest, which the record company "kindly" doesn't release, on bootlegs. I hope for a great Blu-Ray from the Madame X Tour and can happily do without streaming in the future. It's too cold and impersonal for me ...

Careful - don’t start criticising streaming as you will be severely beaten up as I do when I slag off the whole steaming bull shit and it’s pointless existence as people on here seem to forget the music industry did exist on multiple formats before Spotify , tidal , qobuz ?

i would love it if she bundled in a confessions tour blu ray too with the Madame X one ?

1 hour ago, Daphne Du Maurier said:

Like it or not, Madonna mainly attracts older people, i.e. 40+. And we only want physical media from her, no downloads or fucking stupid streaming. And as the last two albums showed, most of the sales were CD and / or vinyl.

Yes exactly. Physical copies are a must for older artists as their target audiences still collect them.

I think putting it on streaming services would be beneficial too but I can’t see people under 30 rushing to watch the Madame X Tour just because it’s on Netflix.

28 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Yes exactly. Physical copies are a must for older artists as their target audiences still collect them.

I think putting it on streaming services would be beneficial too but I can’t see people under 30 rushing to watch the Madame X Tour just because it’s on Netflix.

Maybe if they turn it into a exciting tour docu. About the tour life,  injury...

Guest DeeperDeeper
5 minutes ago, Enrico said:

It was incredible how many people commented "RIP my queen" on her Instagram!

I don't think she would have been happy with that. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
24 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Let's hope people at Warner read the name wrong too... It would probably be the only way to get the mixtape by Thanksgiving  :devil:

My brain went to a Blond Ambition Blu-Ray

:Madonna043:

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

If it’s being released on a high profile streaming service like Netflix, will def gain some attention. With a great trailer it could get a lot of press.

The gays are a big population, FYI.

Its a shame she didn’t get a well known director for this. Spike Lee did the David Byrne show.

On 11/21/2020 at 10:53 PM, nito84bcn said:

It seems that the pandemic is only afecting her, because other people (Kylie - but actually a lot of other artists), could do a full record, 2 videoclips, and a excelent concert online of her new songs, edited and promoted in less than 2 months. The Madame X Tour was recorded in JANUARY for f*ck sake.
That's why the Queen Of Pop isn't considered like that anymore, because her team is a mess, the long gaps between projects are constant, and she's more entertained with grillz and toilets than how to present her art and projects to the world. The last time that the general public knew about her was the horrible Eurovision thing, and not being in the Levitating video. 
I know I'm being extra-negative lately in this forum, but this is how I feel, and I feel really angry with her lately. 

"It's all about the money"

According to me, that's very true. But it's rather the other way around. Radio stations won't give her songs any airplay. News outlets are reporting on her with the same old, stigmatising yet always very 'alienating' filler pieces. In the current mentality, Madonna is no longer interesting from a commercial point of view because she has reached a certain age and does not fit in the box of how a woman like her is expected to behave. Female artists are often treated as no more than pretty cash cows, whose bodies and talents exist purely to be exploited for maximum gain.

I think Madonna also has now reached the point where she is no longer considered as an 'active' artist but rather as an "icon" of a certain zeitgeist. Negatively, that means she is no longer interesting for what is happening now or what she is going to do next, but mostly for the things that she did before in the past. People just want to hear the 'hits'.

That makes the media an extremely hard and unreceptive environment. She's no longer "bankable" in the same way that her young colleagues are (Kylie has on the other hand a more economically interesting target audience in her massive and quite broad Australian fan base). So, while she has of course negotiated an 8-figure record deal (because she is worth it), many other stars are just attracting more investments, both financial as well as in terms of media coverage. 

A Netflix special concert is the perfect route for her. Casuals checking her concert out on demand is way more important at this point than a blue Ray dvd. Like it or not streaming is the future and even the uptake in streaming in older fanbases is substantial. Why wouldn’t you want everything at the touch of a button as well as physical. It’s a no brainier. Legends don’t stay legends by keeping thier works locked in a cupboard. They keep it alive by introducing it to new generations and that means utility new mediums.

She’s done it throughout her whole career. From MTV to video singles to the internet and DVD singles etc. But suddenly there’s a hesitancy to keep the dogs turning. Its...Un-Madonna to hoard the goodies. She’s behind the times. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
16 hours ago, Daphne Du Maurier said:

Like it or not, Madonna mainly attracts older people, i.e. 40+. 

I've gone into two separate record shops and asked for MadameX deluxe CD (or whatever) and both times the young sale assistant has looked at me and said 'You want Madonna!?' 

She's definitely for the older market and younger queer fans. Just doesn't have the broad mainstream appeal anymore. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
1 hour ago, steady75 said:

She’s done it throughout her whole career. From MTV to video singles to the internet and DVD singles etc. But suddenly there’s a hesitancy to keep the dogs turning. Its...Un-Madonna to hoard the goodies. She’s behind the times. 

That's why she needs to release a final box set (cd and vinyl versions and a box set of all her concert and greatest hits dvds) and a hard bound autobiography for fans. 

Nothing of hers is going to be released again in physical format when she's truly gone. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

A Netflix special concert is the perfect route for her. Casuals checking her concert out on demand is way more important at this point than a blue Ray dvd. Like it or not streaming is the future and even the uptake in streaming in older fanbases is substantial. Why wouldn’t you want everything at the touch of a button as well as physical. It’s a no brainier. Legends don’t stay legends by keeping thier works locked in a cupboard. They keep it alive by introducing it to new generations and that means utility new mediums.

yes I got my hopes up that maybe she would release the tour on streaming before xmas.... :cry:it's ok if the bluray takes longer, we just want to see it.... 

On 11/24/2020 at 10:43 AM, madfan13_86 said:

According to that Facebook page "Madonna News" (they really need to work on their English!), the "DVD" is not coming until next year. I called it! I'm sure that's actually the case. I'm going to be very disappointed if it's actually a DVD/Blu-Ray release. I would really love for this to get far more exposure, and like it or not, in this day and age, streaming services is the way to go. Personally, I don't even have a DVD player anymore. I believe not many younger people do either... New laptops don't have a CD drive at all, so here's me hoping they'll be more innovative and creative with this release.

There's really no reason to choose between the 2... streaming is the new TV so it makes sense to release it on streaming for bigger exposure, that doesn't mean it wouldn't be released on dvd/Bluray also. :confused: it would be stupid not to do both at this point imho. Exposure is good for her and whatever money comes from streaming, she can't rely on a few thousand copies sold to hardcore fans. I really hope it's released on streaming cos I would for sure watch it primarily there, the fact she released the Madame X film on Prime gives me hope for the tour. What's taking so long anywho......

13 hours ago, steady75 said:

Will DVD and Blu Ray even be a format by the time this is released?

Will they still sell the players?

Asking for my grandkids. 

Babe no it’s those special Bluetooth microchips. It’s a 2 in 1 combo, track your dog or cat, and for extra features add another animal. A great incentive to adopt some fur babies. I think the extra features are BAT. I’m guessing. Where’s my wine

3 hours ago, Andymad said:

Babe no it’s those special Bluetooth microchips. It’s a 2 in 1 combo, track your dog or cat, and for extra features add another animal. A great incentive to adopt some fur babies. I think the extra features are BAT. I’m guessing. Where’s my wine

Have u been hanging out with the Professor ?

6 hours ago, Fighter said:

There's really no reason to choose between the 2... streaming is the new TV so it makes sense to release it on streaming for bigger exposure, that doesn't mean it wouldn't be released on dvd/Bluray also. :confused: it would be stupid not to do both at this point imho. Exposure is good for her and whatever money comes from streaming, she can't rely on a few thousand copies sold to hardcore fans. I really hope it's released on streaming cos I would for sure watch it primarily there, the fact she released the Madame X film on Prime gives me hope for the tour. What's taking so long anywho......

Just I hope they will choose worldwide known and available streaming service like Netlix or Apple TV. Rebel Heart tour was on Showtime and only available in USA...

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic