Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, deathproof said:

I guess i have to go watch that silly doc now lol. I feel like i imagined there's a scene that shows the shot of the live DAD performance where she's being lifted and carried by the dancers. It's like a min long. Or maybe it's from the rehearsal footage?

I vaguely remember it being rehearsal footage in black and white in my head but I might be wrong.

2 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I don’t think anything from the cabaret section was featured in IGTTYAS but I might be wrong. The professional Die Another Day footage online looks like Lisbon. I think they definitely filmed more in Paris, and again it would make sense for them to film the entire show instead of stopping and starting over two nights? 

Lament

Surely they would have filmed the whole concert over both nights as by that stage in the tour they would not be 100% sure which songs they wanted to include in the documentary edit  - plus there are clips of Into The Groove footage mixes in with Holiday as if it was the same song so they must have filmed Into The Groove too which was not in the documentary. It's annoying they edited some parts of Vogue out for the documentary .  Would love it if a full version of the Paris show leaked. I can understand they might not have bothered with close ups with camera crew on the stage for some songs but would have thought the longer distance cameras kept running  - plus it sounds like Nothing Fails was shot and that was not in the documentary. The footage is so great of the tour in documentary no wonder when she saw the Lisbon footage it never got released - makes a huge difference using film and not digital and having a great Director like Jonas 

9 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

Surely they would have filmed the whole concert over both nights as by that stage in the tour they would not be 100% sure which songs they wanted to include in the documentary edit  - plus there are clips of Into The Groove footage mixes in with Holiday as if it was the same song so they must have filmed Into The Groove too which was not in the documentary. It's annoying they edited some parts of Vogue out for the documentary .  Would love it if a full version of the Paris show leaked. I can understand they might not have bothered with close ups with camera crew on the stage for some songs but would have thought the longer distance cameras kept running  - plus it sounds like Nothing Fails was shot and that was not in the documentary. The footage is so great of the tour in documentary no wonder when she saw the Lisbon footage it never got released - makes a huge difference using film and not digital and having a great Director like Jonas 

The thing to remember is that this was all 'FILMED' on to traditional film reels..    film reels don't last long..  (minutes).

There's no way they could film a concert from one end to the other on one FILM reel..

The standard length of a 35 mm film reel is 1,000 feet (305 m), which runs approximately 11 minutes for sound film (24 frames per second)

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Yeah, I imagine she’s just completely forgotten that there ever was a Re-Invention Tour at this point. Caresse was hoping to release the Blond Ambition Tour on DVD as well so maybe she had the Paris reels. :cryin:

So News of Madonna (the website that said Madonna and Missy Elliot would appear on a Levitating remix) posted that the release of Madame X Tour is being negotiated with the biggest streaming plataforms.

https://www.news-of-madonna.com/Un-EP-a-venir-pour-Madonna_a1344.html

24 minutes ago, artofdarkness said:

So News of Madonna (the website that said Madonna and Missy Elliot would appear on a Levitating remix) posted that the release of Madame X Tour is being negotiated with the biggest streaming plataforms.

https://www.news-of-madonna.com/Un-EP-a-venir-pour-Madonna_a1344.html

preach, bring it on netflix or prime

On 12/22/2020 at 4:03 PM, deathproof said:

Die Another Day is in the docu, right? (Haven't see it in years). So if it's another song from that section, then it proves they filmed more from Paris than just the select songs that appear in it.

Lament is featured in IGTTYAS. Die Another Die is only featured for a glimpse within one of the montages, but it looked pretty professional.

On 12/18/2020 at 12:02 AM, musicinferno said:

It was extremely brief, only when the lift was lowering when she started singing the first verse of Vogue. At first glance it blends well but if you look closer, you will see they only digitally colored her corset but not the gold beads that were dangling. 

Thank you! I posted about this color corrected footage months ago and was called a "troll" for spreading fake information. There's footage from Lisbon in the documentary and it's great someone else can confirm this as well.

On 12/17/2020 at 12:11 PM, Nobody Knows Me said:

Basically Hamish Hamilton was hired to direct a live CBS broadcast of one of the European shows. The broadcast ultimately never materialised because Madonna wanted the broadcast to run without commercials and they refused. I'm pretty sure he later filed a lawsuit against her stating that she owed him more money for directing and production fees.

Caresse Henry was in charge of the scrapped 20th anniversary box set in 2003 and Madonna later mentioned a box set of all of the tours in 2005 which also would have been handled by Caresse. Liz Rosenberg confirmed that the Re-Invention Tour would be part of the box set in a Q&A but plans (again) fell through and the box set was scrapped.
Madonna later fired Caresse Henry because she was having an affair with a bodyguard. I think Caresse was executive producer of the show so Madonna probably didn't want her making any money off her. After Caresse was fired everything she was involved in was just forgotten, including the scrapped box set plans and the tour collection that Madonna talked about in 2005.

I'm not sure if this is all 100% correct but that's what I've gathered from reading sources over the years.

:Madonna033:

I remember reading the same as well. I heard apparently Warner and her couldn't come to an agreement or that the project would be way too expensive so it was done away with and the plans scrapped, with "Remixed and Revisited" being released in its place. I recall reading "Your Honesty" was found when Caresse went digging for unreleased material to be included in the box set but later tacked it onto the EP. There was also a rumor about the VMA performance live version being included because Christina wouldn't sign off on the studio version (basically the same vocals were the same on the live, implying she lipped I believe, I could be wrong)

There were still plans to release it but with the time period of the doc and having to allow that breathe and gets its money, Madonna said she had to give it time to be able to release the tour and when the time window ended, the Confessions promotion was already in full swing so more than likely, felt it was redundant to release a previous tour release while already promoting a new record and tour.

12 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Thank you! I posted about this color corrected footage months ago and was called a "troll" for spreading fake information. There's footage from Lisbon in the documentary and it's great someone else can confirm this as well.

I remember reading the same as well. I heard apparently Warner and her couldn't come to an agreement or that the project would be way too expensive so it was done away with and the plans scrapped, with "Remixed and Revisited" being released in its place. I recall reading "Your Honesty" was found when Caresse went digging for unreleased material to be included in the box set but later tacked it onto the EP. There was also a rumor about the VMA performance live version being included because Christina wouldn't sign off on the studio version (basically the same vocals were the same on the live, implying she lipped I believe, I could be wrong)

There were still plans to release it but with the time period of the doc and having to allow that breathe and gets its money, Madonna said she had to give it time to be able to release the tour and when the time window ended, the Confessions promotion was already in full swing so more than likely, felt it was redundant to release a previous tour release while already promoting a new record and tour.

Thanks  - shame we got Remixed and Revisited EP instead of the RIT Tour. Re-Invention is one of her best 3 tours

40 minutes ago, boytoy77 said:

Here's to hoping we get a release sometime this year (2021).  Not a lot of footage exists at this point, and what I've seen has been lovely.  Does anyone know if someone was put in charge of filming, as in directing or some other capacity?

I think the person who directed her Crave video is the director and in charge of filming but not 100% sure 

On 12/18/2020 at 1:02 AM, musicinferno said:

It was extremely brief, only when the lift was lowering when she started singing the first verse of Vogue. At first glance it blends well but if you look closer, you will see they only digitally colored her corset but not the gold beads that were dangling. 

I am convinced that they use Lisbon shots in every performance in the movie. I tried to piece "Nobody Knows Me" together to get a full performance using IGTTYAS and the leaked Lisbon show, and I realized that most of NKM in the movie is from Lisbon, just with added special effects

• RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic