Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

Sorry guys, I was just listening to Like a Prayer and I really can't immagine why she went out with such a weird arrangement. It really flattens every possible pic, on an anonymous and annoyng rythm base.

The same thing with the God Control tunic-like costum: why so rough and lacking any kind of personality? Does anybody have an idea? (I haven't seen it yet, but - for what I could see and listen - I love the tour by now, except the opening, Crave and Like a Prayer).

50 minutes ago, stefo said:

Sorry guys, I was just listening to Like a Prayer and I really can't immagine why she went out with such a weird arrangement. It really flattens every possible pic, on an anonymous and annoyng rythm base.

The same thing with the God Control tunic-like costum: why so rough and lacking any kind of personality? Does anybody have an idea? (I haven't seen it yet, but - for what I could see and listen - I love the tour by now, except the opening, Crave and Like a Prayer).

Like a Prayer was a highlight if you were there, the audience went wild.

I didn’t like the God Control costume much either. I think it was possibly her weakest opening on tour. But the show overall was gorgeous. I loved it.

2 hours ago, stefo said:

Actually Like a Prayer sounds bad on recordings, but live it was epic. Minimal instrumentation, deep bass and crowd went wild on all shows I've been. 

7 hours ago, stefo said:

Désolé les gars, j'écoutais juste Like a Prayer et je ne peux vraiment pas imaginer pourquoi elle est sortie avec un arrangement aussi étrange. Il aplatit vraiment toutes les images possibles, sur une base rythmique anonyme et ennuyeuse.

La même chose avec le costume en forme de tunique God Control: pourquoi si brutal et dépourvu de toute sorte de personnalité? Est-ce que quelqu'un a une idée? (Je ne l'ai pas encore vu, mais - pour ce que j'ai pu voir et écouter - j'adore la tournée maintenant, sauf l'ouverture, Crave et Like a Prayer).

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Comme une prière était un moment fort si vous y étiez, le public s'est déchaîné.

Je n'aimais pas non plus le costume de God Control. Je pense que c'était peut-être sa plus faible ouverture en tournée. Mais le spectacle dans l'ensemble était magnifique. Je l'ai aimé.

Looll the costum of the god control and open is beautiful

Personally I think the opening was VERY strong. It maybe doesn't look so in the videos we've seen. But just the feeling you get is so intense. Imagine - you're in a beautiful theater with this super easy jazz music playing for hours. Then all of a sudden you hear her voice introducing the show. And then the super hard and bassy sounds of the typewriter and gunshot... just gives your whole body the biggest tingle haha. 
And then she appears. With a meaningful costume and those haunting but awesome robotic vocals. Perfection imo.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Yeah, Like a Prayer was the only time people got up at my London show. The only other time people showed enthusiasm was when she was making jokes about the iron curtain falling on her. Her jokes about that were pretty funny actually.

I agree the opening was very dull, the intro too long, the costume so uniconic.

Like a prayer was very strong in presence, everyone standing and singing. So it was terrible to witness all the enthusiasm gone when I rise started. Especially the night I saw it from the dress circle, between the general public, and not in the first rows with hardcore fans.

But @stefoeverything was pretty disappointing musically, with all these album versions and backing tracks. You can't hear a single breathing, the backup vocals are from the original recordings, even the strings in Frozen were fake, I fear.

All I can say is - thank God the show was filmed in Lisbon. Cause from all the stuff I've heard here and also when attending a show in Paris the crowd was pretty laidback. In Lisbon, however, everyone went nuts from start to finish. Up on their feet more than sitting down for sure. Even I personally sat down just once - when she asked for it during the beer chat hah.

24 minutes ago, Eddie98 said:

All I can say is - thank God the show was filmed in Lisbon. Cause from all the stuff I've heard here and also when attending a show in Paris the crowd was pretty laidback. In Lisbon, however, everyone went nuts from start to finish. Up on their feet more than sitting down for sure. Even I personally sat down just once - when she asked for it during the beer chat hah.

I agree and so happy it was filmed in Lisbon. I saw show in New York, Lisbon, London and Paris. The worst crowd was in London for me, but only in Lisbon everyone went nuts -  standing all show and dancing :) 

11 hours ago, Eddie98 said:

Personally I think the opening was VERY strong. It maybe doesn't look so in the videos we've seen. But just the feeling you get is so intense. Imagine - you're in a beautiful theater with this super easy jazz music playing for hours. Then all of a sudden you hear her voice introducing the show. And then the super hard and bassy sounds of the typewriter and gunshot... just gives your whole body the biggest tingle haha. 
And then she appears. With a meaningful costume and those haunting but awesome robotic vocals. Perfection imo.

It was boring as hell :lol:

The song itself was cool, and I liked the costumes, but the intro was just too repetitive and boring. 

On 1/25/2021 at 4:18 PM, Spanky1995 said:

Everyone around me was stood in my London show but Like A Prayer did get the best reaction 

Like a Prayer was a highlight in Paris too. My concert was great because she had her full energy. The problem was us, the fans. It was midnight and we were really tired from waiting in the cold. If she had started it sooner, it would have been way better.

• RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic