Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

7 minutes ago, Fighter said:

a documentary? does that mean no full show? 

some people are saying Netflix usually calls its musical releases a documentary. it happened with Taylor's Reputation, Ariana's tour, Beychella too. 

I'm trying to stay positive... at least Netflix has the best picture and audio quality of the streaming services.

1 minute ago, vitoralmeiida said:

some people are saying Netflix usually calls its musical releases a documentary. it happened with Taylor's Reputation, Ariana's tour, Beychella too. 

I'm trying to stay positive... at least Netflix has the best picture and audio quality of the streaming services.

i wouldnt mind a documentary either tbh 

14 minutes ago, Fighter said:

i wouldnt mind a documentary either tbh 

It depends on the songs selected imo (Human Nature, Batuka, Killers, Crazy, Sodade, Extreme Occident, Frozen, Come Alive, Future: I need to see all of these performances). I can't deny I'd really suffer the fact of not having the chance to see the entire show. I had a ticket for one of the Lisbon shows and around a hour before the "curtain call" she cancelled. I'm a huge Madame X album fan ... finger corssed for a full show release here.

58 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

I don’t see why they wouldn’t release a DVD later. It will probably be exclusive to Netflix for a period of time with a later DVD release. 

As far as I know, if Netflix has the rights, it would never get the chance to get another release outside of the platform. That's the thing with Netflix Originals.

Edited by alvaroliam (see edit history)

Again, everyone is WAY overthinking the documentary thing here. It's the concert. Breathe.

This is very common for Netflix to refer to it as a documentary, and there hasn't been a single indication from any of her posts it's anything but the concert. Plus, why would she not release the whole thing when there's no alternative documentation of it given the phone ban?

9 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Again, everyone is WAY overthinking the documentary thing here. It's the concert. Breathe.

This is very common for Netflix to refer to it as a documentary, and there hasn't been a single indication from any of her posts it's anything but the concert. Plus, why would she not release the whole thing when there's no alternative documentation of it given the phone ban?

I know. Jeez. We legit have seen her watch the show. She posted “trailers” multiple times and they were only of the performances. This is also common Netflix terminology. As people said Ariana’s was called a doc and it was just a video of the tour. Everyone chill and get excited that Madame X finally caught onto a good trend: Netflix releases:Madonna003:

1 minute ago, Shoful said:

Why do people even care about a DVD :dead:  Unless it has some great special features (that fyi she could throw on Netflix) there is no reason. To sit in your cabinet for the next 25 years?

People do like physical releases. Aint nothing wrong with that!

But people need to come to terms with that being an outdated format. Everything is digital now. I’m sure it costs her more time and money to go through the physical release process when not many people will buy it. Now if she does like a huge box set of tours I could see that. Which would make sense if she is teasing a TOAC and RIT release 

28 minutes ago, Shoful said:

But people need to come to terms with that being an outdated format. Everything is digital now. I’m sure it costs her more time and money to go through the physical release process when not many people will buy it. Now if she does like a huge box set of tours I could see that. Which would make sense if she is teasing a TOAC and RIT release 

But what would some of us even play those tours on? Like, I don't own a DVD / BluRay player anymore... :dead:

36 minutes ago, Shoful said:

But people need to come to terms with that being an outdated format. Everything is digital now. 

Not true at all. There’s numerous companies out there that preserve the legacy of films through collection, conservation, and distribution through physical release. There’s so many films that haven’t been digitized or were only transferred once in the 80s for tv broadcast. Some make a bigger profit from physical release than leasing films for a month on a certain streaming service.

And we all know Vinyl has made a huge comeback too.

• RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic