Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

2 minutes ago, Enrico said:

1987: necklace - no necklace

2012: Olympia - Miami

2021: Lisbon - bathroom

It's funny because hadn't @DanKpointed that out in his Youtube comments and without his wonderfully upscaled video, I wouldn't have known.

To me, the cuts to the Olympia are not the worst thing. Idk, maybe the should've promoted MDNA and RHT with 'deffinately featuring at least one shot from a show you went to'

The MDNA Olympia video footage didn't bother too much either; it was the sound I had an issue with. First with the spoken intro after OYH starts, she sounds so muffled and then by the time she sings (with Miami audio), the volume just shoots up and the sound becomes crustal clear. Also, during her strip tease in Human Nature, it clearly sounds like a small audience in a theater (you can even hear what one of two people are saying) and it stays that way until the crowd noise grows louder and larger before her dialogue after the song finishes.

That being said, the Madame X audio should be pristine as every venue was a theater. (Assuming she doesn't re-record vocals in her bathroom)

7 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

The MDNA Olympia video footage didn't bother too much either; it was the sound I had an issue with. First with the spoken intro after OYH starts, she sounds so muffled and then by the time she sings (with Miami audio), the volume just shoots up and the sound becomes crustal clear. Also, during her strip tease in Human Nature, it clearly sounds like a small audience in a theater (you can even hear what one of two people are saying) and it stays that way until the crowd noise grows louder and larger before her dialogue after the song finishes.

That being said, the Madame X audio should be pristine as every venue was a theater. (Assuming she doesn't re-record vocals in her bathroom)

Omg, I had to re-watch. I never realized that the audio mixing in Human Nature was so bad. Maybe it's because I skip the b/w part because I hate it even more than GGW. I don't think that the transition in the opening monologue of OYH is that apparent but I can't unhear it now that you made us aware. (So, thanks for pointing it out, I guess...lol)

Madame X has been caught re-recording some bits of her speech on her phone. I hope I'm wrong but I think that's our dream of pristine audio down the drain.

27 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Fortunately the original soundboard of the Miami show has leaked and sounds great! I wish we had that luck for RHT (I know we have that IEM audio but the guy speaking annoys the crap out of me) and MXT.

5 minutes ago, #BelieveVictims said:

That's cool, how many other artists do you know that are so dedicated to delivering their vision with no compromises?

You got a point. I mean, Madonna wants this tour release to be just as close as to how people experienced the Madame X Tour. I recall people just at awe at how she made every single aspect of the tour unforgettable... and that's done while she was injured.

Unless this is all done for either a DVD menu animation, Netflix promo or an actual reshoot of parts of the performance... Only Madonna knows.

1 hour ago, Roy said:

Madonna wants this tour release to be just as close as to how people experienced the Madame X Tour.

Either that or she wants it to be as close to her vision of how she thinks people experienced the Madame X Tour and some of the footage does not match her vision of how she expected it to look ?

24 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

Either that or she wants it to be as close to her vision of how she thinks people experienced the Madame X Tour and some of the footage does not match her vision of how she expected it to look ?

That can be the case or it could be the best of both worlds: in the perspective of Madame X and in the perspective of the audience.

We'll see.

2 hours ago, Ro.bodyknowsme said:

Based on ricardo's IG Stories, I believe it's something related to the special or additional promotional material. It's seems like they are creating an intimate interview set, minimal scenography, with the references of this project as photos

Probably they're bringing back the highly specialized production elements  :devil:

Can't wait for the following moments in this reshoot:

* The "Artists are here to disturb the peace!!1" intro that fades into Candy Shop in the Revolutionary War outfit.

* Her emerging from the onstage dressing monologue with a new 2021 face to perform Vogue

* When she bids the polaroid and it cuts to a shot of her living room and her boyfriend / David fighting over the picture...it ends up going for 2.1 million

* Lourdes being banished from Frozen for her salty Insta comments -- The twins replace her in the Frozen backdrop making faces with Insta filters while M dances with the video in a fur coat and gold hoop earrings

* Replacing Like A Prayer to cut to footage of her in Malawi ala the Detroit scene in the Rebel Heart Tour

* Her re-recorded phone speech to the audience right before I Rise where she talks about successfully fighting against the patriarchy and fascism or whatever as the "Iron Curtain" rises to the sound of Emma Gonzalez

* A montage at the end of her walking through the crowd and fist bumping the audience....but since it's 2021 footage, it's just the film crew, her kids, and her driver as she gets into her Escalade and goes home

This will be great.

I just don't understand what's the point of wasting so much time and money reshooting a concert movie that is very unlikely to generate more media coverage, more public attention, and more streams than either 'Homecoming' or 'Reputation Tour'. She should have ended this disastrous era a long time ago.

18 minutes ago, milotjuh said:

She reminds me of my more perfectionist students, who, if you don't give them strict deadlines/parameters, will keep tinkering with their term papers until the end of time (which is hardly ever for the better). She really needs to learn to kill her darlings, as it were.

Except she's a 62 year old woman who's been working her ass off for more than 40 years... She gets to decide when it's done.

• RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic