Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

8 minutes ago, Andymad said:

GIIIIIRL DO U NEED A PARAMEDIC POP A 911

But my biggest enemy isn’t me :cry:

I’m imagining a great future where the Madame X persona exists and we get more Mirwais politically charged songs. I’m just imagining all the endless possibilities of demos that could be released and how amazing they might be! Future deserves its proper chance to shine!!

16 hours ago, Josh Wang said:

I just don't understand what's the point of wasting so much time and money reshooting a concert movie that is very unlikely to generate more media coverage, more public attention, and more streams than either 'Homecoming' or 'Reputation Tour'. She should have ended this disastrous era a long time ago.

She is an artist. It’s her artistic creation, and she wants to present it however she sees fit. It is her work. She is free to present it as she wishes. Artists don’t create to please an audience. That is entertainment. That boat never even left the shore on the Madonna journey! That’s why there’s so much bitterness in her reluctant fanbase. 

It’s as if some people feel a sense of entitlement, or ownership of her. This began as her mainstream popularity dwindled. I’ve written about this before. There’s a faction of fans who seem to feel public validation of art makes it better. I understand why...Madonna was always portrayed in the media as voraciously ambitious and fearlessly power-hungry. While that makes for good mythology and tabloid fodder, the truth is that to truly enjoy Madonna, you have to honor and respect her humanity. 

If I had to choose, I would say that she is recording for close ups frames... The thing is that I don't understand that kind of "imminent" release or the "editing" and "editing" times she has been in the studio working of this and doing previews of the "final" cut...

So maybe that release in Netflix was in March, but in that of 2022. HAHHAHAA

1 hour ago, Loru said:

In her IG post a guy is saying she already did that for the Confessions Tour DVD. He says she recorded once in a empty Webley for the DVD. 

Never heard of that. Is that true?

Yes I think it's true for Confessions they shot a at least one show without an audience to get extra shots for the DVD., I heard about them filming during the afternoon the show without an audience at the time. Confessions DVD was about as close to perfection you can get for the taping and edit of a live concert IMO, at least it was shot in the same venue and same few days as the shows filmed with an audience. Will be interesting to see the result and if the re-shot frames are noticeable in the edit? Maybe she is re-shooting the whole show and going to pick and chose what she mixes in? 

When you think for MDNA and Rebel Heart she decided to consider footage from every single show of the tour and maybe is missing that wealth of footage to pick between for Madame X as nothing was recorded for the screens  only the nights they filmed in Lisbon as far as we know

My only comment is, if Netflix is now in control of this then they have a level of quality they expect and demand from any product they're going to show. And clearly, they're not 100% impressed with Madonna's version of a final cut and want more. 

When Madonna is in control of the editing, we get no close-ups. We get super high contrast videos that blur out her face. And the product feels over produced. Maybe having WB back in the picture, and now Netflix for this project will course correct the final product vs how Madonna would have done it, which in my opinion is a welcome change. 

Final edits about someone should not be done by the person, they tend to hide the things they're afraid of (signs of age) and I'm of the belief that embracing those very things is what will make Madonna stand-out in a positive way. Embrace your age. Show the lines. Show the world that it's okay to age, and that you can still put out brilliant work - you don't have to pretend or enhance digitally to make something "better" than reality.

So while this is not great in terms of timing (I think usually, the deal to show on Netflix would have been arranged much further in advance, but with M's new link to WB they're going to get more exposure for this release than just a DVD) - PLUS, Netflix' involvement would normally be during the shoot or editing process - allowing for re-shoots to happen while the tour is still on or just right after -- despite all of this, sending M back to do the right thing and get those close-ups and not allow for professional releases to include iPhone filmed footage, is the right thing to do. Someone is pushing her to be better - to be honest -  and to admit or just be forced to put out a better quality product.

This is what we might have been missing the last few years. Someone that edits or produces Madonna, vs her doing what she wants which she might not be qualified to do or the best person to do it without honest feedback.

When I know she's doing the editing of anything, I'm rarely excited about it. I cringe at what she's going to fake out or skip ... like no close-ups, super high contrast black and white concert footage so we can barely see any of her facial features ... but if I knew someone filmed and edited her tour professionally, without her involvement -- I'm excited. I know I'm going to see an honest and as live as possible concert, even if there are re-shoots for some closeups that didn't get caught the first time around. 

1 hour ago, RebelHeart said:

I don't know if that was the case for TCT dvd but if so it was still in THE VENUE. And she also did that for the MX dvd, right? She was recording alone during the rehearsals. Recording in the studio is something else.

Anyways, not gonna lie - reshooting made me revisited MX album and I still love it. No matter what they say, for me it's her best since COADF.

same. Madame X is 100% madonna.  First cd of her i bought after the confessions tour. 13 yrs gap worth it to me. MX deserved better.

37 minutes ago, captainjay said:

My only comment is, if Netflix is now in control of this then they have a level of quality they expect and demand from any product they're going to show. And clearly, they're not 100% impressed with Madonna's version of a final cut and want more. 

When Madonna is in control of the editing, we get no close-ups. We get super high contrast videos that blur out her face. And the product feels over produced. Maybe having WB back in the picture, and now Netflix for this project will course correct the final product vs how Madonna would have done it, which in my opinion is a welcome change. 

Final edits about someone should not be done by the person, they tend to hide the things they're afraid of (signs of age) and I'm of the belief that embracing those very things is what will make Madonna stand-out in a positive way. Embrace your age. Show the lines. Show the world that it's okay to age, and that you can still put out brilliant work - you don't have to pretend or enhance digitally to make something "better" than reality.

So while this is not great in terms of timing (I think usually, the deal to show on Netflix would have been arranged much further in advance, but with M's new link to WB they're going to get more exposure for this release than just a DVD) - PLUS, Netflix' involvement would normally be during the shoot or editing process - allowing for re-shoots to happen while the tour is still on or just right after -- despite all of this, sending M back to do the right thing and get those close-ups and not allow for professional releases to include iPhone filmed footage, is the right thing to do. Someone is pushing her to be better - to be honest -  and to admit or just be forced to put out a better quality product.

This is what we might have been missing the last few years. Someone that edits or produces Madonna, vs her doing what she wants which she might not be qualified to do or the best person to do it without honest feedback.

When I know she's doing the editing of anything, I'm rarely excited about it. I cringe at what she's going to fake out or skip ... like no close-ups, super high contrast black and white concert footage so we can barely see any of her facial features ... but if I knew someone filmed and edited her tour professionally, without her involvement -- I'm excited. I know I'm going to see an honest and as live as possible concert, even if there are re-shoots for some closeups that didn't get caught the first time around. 

Ok... but in my opinion Netflix is not synonymous of quality. There are lot of shit in its catologue...

3 hours ago, Loru said:

In her IG post a guy is saying she already did that for the Confessions Tour DVD. He says she recorded once in a empty Webley for the DVD. 

Never heard of that. Is that true?

I could see that. I’ve always felt that close up right when the disco ball opens felt a little weird, but I think this might explain it.  
Probably also the part where she grabs the camera during Let it Will Be.  ?

i wanna go find them now like an Easter egg hunt. 

We are talking about the woman who also let her bad vocals of her ESC performance reedit before uploading it on youtube. Shes prob. going to reshoot the whole concert and call it an „intimate lisbon night experience“ with new close ups and new audio.

but I‘m here for it, i love the sound quality of the S&S Tour.

4 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

I could see that. I’ve always felt that close up right when the disco ball opens felt a little weird, but I think this might explain it.  
Probably also the part where she grabs the camera during Let it Will Be.  ?

i wanna go find them now like an Easter egg hunt. 

Omg lol I’ve always hated that opening shot. It always made me cringe. She never smiled like that and looked around in the live shows. She had a much more powerful gaze when the ball opened.

20 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I read on another forum that apparently she re-recorded her vocals for confessions tour in the studio as well, how did they go from that to the mess of S&S a few years later, granted she was probably filming W.E. at the time but it's a mystery

Yeah the confessions tour audio is PEAK! I hope she keeps the live audio for MX cause she sounded amazing 

• RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic