Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

1 minute ago, SuperBicycle said:

This video mapping thing could be ok. If you think about Frozen, not sure how good that would look filmed, and would be an ideal candidate for some of this technology. Future are well, plus the Fado club scenes. Im getting excited about this release now. Just hope it doesn't take another year to see it!

I agree that Frozen and God Control would benefit from this because you could barely see her behind the screen, so if they have a ghostly Madonna layered on front on the projections, this could work very well. 

Of course this is assuming they actually are doing mapping. 

16 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I agree that Frozen and God Control would benefit from this because you could barely see her behind the screen, so if they have a ghostly Madonna layered on front on the projections, this could work very well. 

Of course this is assuming they actually are doing mapping. 

Or if they had a ghostly Lola doing what was on the screen around her like a spirit. Oooooooo

I thought IGTTYAS and Confessions were brilliantly done and a step up from a straight broadcast type recording - I think they made the best of the showing it still felt like you were watching a live performance  - I agree though that was the start that led to the over edited MDNA and Rebel Heart DVDs that were not 'well done' and so hard to watch and are too far removed from the feeling of a live show

On the latest twitter video it looks like she is rehearsing frozen but with different choreography to the tour which just had her sat at the piano  - so maybe it is going to be holograms getting added for Frozen unless they are re-shooting the whole number from scratch and don't intend to use the footage from Lisbon?  Am still really surprised she would re-shoot anything after the tour has ended

48 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

I thought IGTTYAS and Confessions were brilliantly done and a step up from a straight broadcast type recording - I think they made the best of the showing it still felt like you were watching a live performance  - I agree though that was the start that led to the over edited MDNA and Rebel Heart DVDs that were not 'well done' and so hard to watch and are too far removed from the feeling of a live show

On the latest twitter video it looks like she is rehearsing frozen but with different choreography to the tour which just had her sat at the piano  - so maybe it is going to be holograms getting added for Frozen unless they are re-shooting the whole number from scratch and don't intend to use the footage from Lisbon?  Am still really surprised she would re-shoot anything after the tour has ended

at the shows i saw Frozen was performed sitting on boxes behind the Lola projection and futur she was at the piano

21 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Well I guess I was wrong. It seems much more than just photos. But the fact that ALL OF THEM are posting about this makes me feel optimistic about the outcome. They all seem to be really excited about what they’re doing, not just begrudgingly fixing something. 

SAME! I’m excited again!

4 hours ago, Drum Dub said:

At this point she can put on her ponytail and do reshoots for Blond Ambition Tour 35th anniversary edition and realesed all together with Madame X Theater for christmas 2025. :smuglaugh:

Stop! I could actually see her doing this. Imagine the 1990 face vs the 2025 face. The 2025 ass alone....gurrl

11 hours ago, Fighter said:

RHT wasn't bad, MDNA was an experiment... it really feels like a fanmade bootleg... it's... interesting...

RHT wasn't bad? What?

I know that you wrote a comment but I don't understand the meaning of it.

To me, the Rebel Heart Tour is one of my faves. I adore it. I love this show so much and I would sell a kidney for a pro-shot of decent quality. Just as raw as it was shown on the venue screens with no artificial audio whatsoever.

Unfortunately everything from started to go downhill with the audio of SST...

Although, the audio in the CT release was tweaked a lot, everything seemed to make sense. Of course we all know, she wouldn't have nailed Hung Up after such a rigorous show but there were nights where she neraly sounded as good. Obviously lip-syncing but I as a naive teenage fan of hers couldn't tell by the low quality clips that were uploaded from the Confessions Tour back in the day.

15 minutes ago, MCL_1993 said:

RHT wasn't bad? What?

I know that you wrote a comment but I don't understand the meaning of it.

To me, the Rebel Heart Tour is one of my faves. I adore it. I love this show so much and I would sell a kidney for a pro-shot of decent quality. Just as raw as it was shown on the venue screens with no artificial audio whatsoever.

Unfortunately everything from started to go downhill with the audio of SST...

Although, the audio in the CT release was tweaked a lot, everything seemed to make sense. Of course we all know, she wouldn't have nailed Hung Up after such a rigorous show but there were nights where she neraly sounded as good. Obviously lip-syncing but I as a naive teenage fan of hers couldn't tell by the low quality clips that were uploaded from the Confessions Tour back in the day.

the dvd wasnt bad i meant... it was deff an improvement over mdna tour dvd..

21 hours ago, captainjay said:

My only comment is, if Netflix is now in control of this then they have a level of quality they expect and demand from any product they're going to show. And clearly, they're not 100% impressed with Madonna's version of a final cut and want more. 

This is highly amusing to anyone with an active Netflix subscription - there's so much subpar product on the platform both, in their original content and the stuff that's licensed on it. SO. MUCH. CRAP. I also sincerely doubt anyone would and could dictate Madonna how she should present her content at this point in her career. :)

51 minutes ago, kesiak said:

This is highly amusing to anyone with an active Netflix subscription - there's so much subpar product on the platform both, in their original content and the stuff that's licensed on it. SO. MUCH. CRAP. I also sincerely doubt anyone would and could dictate Madonna how she should present her content at this point in her career. :)

There's some poor content in terms of budget and overall story arc, but virtually everything on Netflix that isn't a legacy show is beautifully shot. I can fully believe they have standards to adhere to.

1 hour ago, kesiak said:

I don't find it "highly amusing" at all. I think Netflix has come a long way in terms of lifting their standards and the materials they produce or decide to publish. 

Why "highly amusing?" and not just interesting? Or is life so lame for you that the slightest blip of an opinion that is not shared by you is suddenly "highly amusing?" .. how utterly sad. 

1 hour ago, scion said:

There's some poor content in terms of budget and overall story arc, but virtually everything on Netflix that isn't a legacy show is beautifully shot. I can fully believe they have standards to adhere to.

Agreed.

When HBO shot and aired Blond Ambition and The Girlie Show and even Drowned World Tour, they knew what they were doing. 

When left to her own devices, Madonna is not solid or honest anymore in what she releases. I truly believe a deal was signed for MX to be aired on Netflix and upon receiving Madonna's version of the final cut they pushed it back across the table and said, "you need to do better." And since no one is buying DVDs anymore, and the tour is likely to have cost her a bit in penalties and such, she needs the revenue from this portion of the show to cover off the losses, so she's adhering to their request - but not by choice.

And this is what needs to happen going forward if we want superior quality releases from Madonna vs the sub-par quality we've become used to over the last decade. 

Guy-O is probably tired of the fight and is why he's not present. And no one else has the balls to stand up to her. Netflix has no reason to air a poorly shot concert for an aging pop-Queen with a bad reputation and attitude.

And in all honesty, if they aired her original version (the poorly shot, no close-up version) it could do more damage than good to her reputation as a solid performer. This will get more exposure than most of the concert releases she's done since Drowned World Tour or Confessions, I'd have to look back at how well those did when they aired if there is data available. 

This could be the attitude adjustment we've been waiting for -- and in a good way.

3 minutes ago, djnathanashby said:

Has anyone considered that these reshoots may have been part of the original plan all along? They could have been postponed when COVID first hit and everything shut down. Then further postponed while she had surgery and recovered. 

It's very possible, but her reaction to doing them doesn't seem natural or planned. Seems forced but she's going along with it for the greater good of the project and incredible platform for the release. 

4 minutes ago, captainjay said:

It's very possible, but her reaction to doing them doesn't seem natural or planned. Seems forced but she's going along with it for the greater good of the project and incredible platform for the release. 

Can you be more specific? What seems “forced”? What specifically makes you think she’s doing this for the “greater good”? From the Instagram stories she seems in good spirits in my opinion.

• RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic