Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

1 minute ago, djnathanashby said:

Can you be more specific? What seems “forced”? What specifically makes you think she’s doing this for the “greater good”? From the Instagram stories she seems in good spirits in my opinion.

It's totally possible that she IS in good spirits about it. 

I guess, this post came out of the blue and I'd need more context around it to understand what her objection was for:

"The Patriarchy continues to try to crush my neck with their heavy boots, cut off my life force and take away my voice—Even those who call themselves artists..............You know who you are!!! DEATH TO THE PATRIARCHY! Now and Forever."

It could be totally unrelated, in which case, maybe she is absolutely happy to be be doing re-shoots and I'm comfortable with that either way. I don't have a motivation for her to be unhappy or against the re-shoots if that is not the case. 

13 minutes ago, djnathanashby said:

Has anyone considered that these reshoots may have been part of the original plan all along? They could have been postponed when COVID first hit and everything shut down. Then further postponed while she had surgery and recovered. 

Yes.. They usually filmed at least two shows as back-up (bedsides the principal footage)  they probably have planned to film more shows but it won't happen due the covid.. 

On 2/16/2021 at 1:42 PM, rebeljordan said:

These Instagram videos annoy me. A professional would do it in a couple of months.
We didn't ask her to do the editing. MDNA was terrible. RHT was terrible. I don't believe in this woman. I just want quality content like Taylor Swift's videography.

I just noticed  today..DWT took two months after it ended...

2 hours ago, captainjay said:

I don't find it "highly amusing" at all. I think Netflix has come a long way in terms of lifting their standards and the materials they produce or decide to publish. 

Why "highly amusing?" and not just interesting? Or is life so lame for you that the slightest blip of an opinion that is not shared by you is suddenly "highly amusing?" .. how utterly sad. 

I love Netflix, there's some amazing stuff on it but there's just as much undoubtedly poor content as well, beautifully shot or not. And my life is fine, thank you, I appreciate you asking though :).

On 2/27/2021 at 4:55 PM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I read on another forum that apparently she re-recorded her vocals for confessions tour in the studio as well, how did they go from that to the mess of S&S a few years later, granted she was probably filming W.E. at the time but it's a mystery

Not re-recorded. Just different takes from more live shows mixed together and a bit of autotune. S&S audio was re-recorded. They couldn't do anything, it was a mess!

3 minutes ago, felipe929 said:

Not sure about LAP and Lament but wasn't Vogue just plain lipsycnc in RIT?

You are correct! The first two numbers completely relied on pre-recorded vocals. I think it was quite smart though. Going all out for two opening songs and saving your voice for Frozen. I loved it.

35 minutes ago, artofdarkness said:

I had the same thought

Maybe they're already shooting some parts and rehearsing/preparing for the rest

Maybe there is no rest. It looks like they only called back a handful of dancers and only recreated the backdrops, not the stage. So recreating most of the performances of the show is impossible without noticing that it's different. It looks like they are only filming Future (just a piano, two dancers and a backdrop, easy to recreate), the God Control opening and Frozen, probably for close ups cause this are "Madonna-only" moments. I think she is almost done with the reshoots. Can't think of anything else she would need to or could possibly recreate. 

I think she has knows she was going to do this from the beginning, but because of covid and her surgery, she couldn't right away. So she left the editing to the later part of 2020 and focused mostly on the movie. It was a smart time-managing move. She dyed her hair pink and experimented in 2020 and then went blonde again for the reshoots. 

1 minute ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

Maybe there is no rest. It looks like they only called back a handful of dancers and only recreated the backdrops, not the stage. So recreating most of the performances of the show is impossible without noticing that it's different. It looks like they are only filming Future (just a piano, two dancers and a backdrop, easy to recreate), the God Control opening and Frozen, probably for close ups cause this are "Madonna-only" moments. I think she is almost done with the reshoots. Can't think of anything else she would need to or could possibly recreate. 

I think she has knows she was going to do this from the beginning, but because of covid and her surgery, she couldn't right away. So she left the editing to the later part of 2020 and focused mostly on the movie. It was a smart time-managing move. She dyed her hair pink and experimented in 2020 and then went blonde again for the reshoots. 

I’m not sure she planned this from the beginning, I’m thinking she didn’t look right on film behind a screen with a projection. I mean honestly it didn’t look that great in person. Kinda like Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You on Sticky & Sweet. 

3 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I’m not sure she planned this from the beginning, I’m thinking she didn’t look right on film behind a screen with a projection. I mean honestly it didn’t look that great in person. Kinda like Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You on Sticky & Sweet. 

Oh don't shoot me, that is one of my favourite performances of Madonna live I have seen with my own eyes. Not sure why, probably just because I was not expecting it, but I did love this on the S&ST. Loved Frozen and Future more though.

9 hours ago, Andymad said:

You are correct! The first two numbers completely relied on pre-recorded vocals. I think it was quite smart though. Going all out for two opening songs and saving your voice for Frozen. I loved it.

And those were great pre recorded vocals. I wish she used them as backing tracks instead of relying to this day with the vocals recorded for the Super Bowl.

Still have no idea what’s going on really but feel like the thinking of it being the performances behind the screens that were a problem with the initial recordings makes sense. She was kind of hard to see in those performances IRL so wouldn’t be surprised the footage doesn’t look great.

However, one thing at least is that she looks absolutely stunning! I don’t know if it’s partly just seeing her with eye make up on again, as she’s been going without it a lot recently, but she looks a lot more like herself, beautiful.

Edited by TwistedRope (see edit history)

• RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic