Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

I was 3rd row centre in London - and was I greatly looking forward to the 'misty, hidden' Madonna appearing behind the screen for the opening lines of GC. However, the impact of it was sort of lost and it was over before I knew it. I can see how that would have been tricky to film and get looking :fire:.

Frozen - I can't imagine that the glorious Lola video and visual impact of that will be removed. However... what if they are re-filming certain shots so that they can 'recreate the screen' digitally for TV screens...? Maybe the screens are binned for the re-shoots in favour of a CGI screen!?

53 minutes ago, deathproof said:

it was her live vocals, but autotuned in post. Listen to Borderline and how it goes back and forth from edited to natural.

It's not, it's dubbed studio vocals where bits have been left in dubbed because they really don't match the video dubbed. Auto tune doesn't correct to the extent that a disastrous (Borderline) vocal can be turned into a perfect vocal. When you correct a really poor vocal (Most of S&S) you end up with lots of latency and artificial electronic style vocals... and the time ends up very robotic. 
Melodyne would  be a better option, but no, the only part of the DVD that is a polished vocal is Argentina and YMLM.

58 minutes ago, vitoralmeiida said:

I mean..... guys.... LOOK. AT. HER!!!!!!!! how dare she look like this!!!! 

She's absolutely stunning, in my opinion, even more beautiful than on tour.

:kitty:

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-01 at 01.10.38.jpeg

That is most likely what months of rehab and healing will do to you. Lord know what she was putting herself though and putting up with during the tour. If she had to cancel shows because of pain, you have to wonder how she even felt on the "good days". She's in a much better place now thank god.

26 minutes ago, scion said:

When you correct a really poor vocal (Most of S&S) you end up with lots of latency and artificial electronic style vocals... and the time ends up very robotic. 

Yes and that’s what it sounds like on a lot of the songs. It’s just mixed really well, layered with studio vocals too in a lot of songs. But they have definitely used vocals from the live shows as well as rehearsal/demo vocals and studio vocals. It’s a whole mix. Some songs are obviously the pre-recorded rehearsal vocals (Borderline.)

Madonna is everything. I've seen her live since the Virgin Tour. There is nobody better. She is #1 for a reason.

The Madame X era needed a huge edit. IMO

Her frought with grief theater tour is here worst for many reasons and now that Netflix wasn't afraid to tell her, she now knows it as well. Finally someone didn't just yes her to death and let her embarrass herself any further with this project. I hope she re-shoots a lot of it. Why not? Its her shit let her .If Taylor can re-record then so can Madonna.

I want the best product possible. 

1 hour ago, scion said:

It's not, it's dubbed studio vocals where bits have been left in dubbed because they really don't match the video dubbed. Auto tune doesn't correct to the extent that a disastrous (Borderline) vocal can be turned into a perfect vocal. When you correct a really poor vocal (Most of S&S) you end up with lots of latency and artificial electronic style vocals... and the time ends up very robotic. 
Melodyne would  be a better option, but no, the only part of the DVD that is a polished vocal is Argentina and YMLM.

Melodyne is what was used on CT. They corrected vocals on Sticky in post. It wasn’t re-recorded, and it wasn’t studio vocals. She said in a previous interview that she didn’t have a hand in the DVD.

6 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Melodyne is what was used on CT. They corrected vocals on Sticky in post. It wasn’t re-recorded, and it wasn’t studio vocals. She said in a previous interview that she didn’t have a hand in the DVD.

Nobody said she had to have a hand in the production of the DVD, but it's obvious it wasn't just post production of live vocals on that DVD. It's very, very obvious some of it is dubbed with studio recordings. Even the tone of her voice and pronunciations are altered, auto tune doesn't generally do that. 

• RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic