Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

59 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

As i said before, i do not consiser the Madame X tour a Madonna tour, more like an extended promo tour. Like a bigger version of "Tears of a clown". 

Yes a promo tour, but did we forget how MASSIVE were the promo tours she did for her Music / Hard Candy albums??? MXT is not even in the same level with her previous promo tours. ?

This was second worst tour after Sticky & Sweet for me personally. I just don't feel the theatre idea was used correctly. It felt pretty basic a lot of time and It pained me to have such an intimate show with a relatively classics lite set list. I know it was Madame X and this is the way of her tours now but for such a special event at such astronomical prices I really wanted things like Oh Father with an Orchestra. Express Yourself with a horns section. Sooner Or Later. Nothing Fails with a full choir. 

I think there were a lot of missed opportunities. I thought it was....neat. 

2 minutes ago, steady75 said:

For such a special event at such astronomical prices I really wanted things like Oh Father with an Orchestra. Express Yourself with a horns section. Sooner Or Later. Nothing Fails with a full choir. 

I think there were a lot of missed opportunities. I thought it was....neat. 

I’ll pretend I did read the first part… ??

YESSSS to the rest!!! Exactly another good point that this show deserves another set list, it wasn’t a good idea for her album MX.

To be fair it doesn't make too much difference. There are so many variables. The crowd, where you are sat, what date, the venue, , how on form she is, the sound, the weather, who you are with, how excited you are so Its ace that you love it so much. 

I know people who swear to the power above that Sticky & Sweet was life changing. Opening night in Cardiff for me was like a dress rehearsal. Utterly woeful. That doesnt compare to the South American show we got on DVD so fair enough, But on the same ticket I was at opening night for Girlie Show and it was literally EVERYTHING!!. Others dont rate it. poor them I say x

15 minutes ago, steady75 said:

To be fair it doesn't make too much difference. There are so many variables. The crowd, where you are sat, what date, the venue, , how on form she is, the sound, the weather, who you are with, how excited you are so Its ace that you love it so much. 

I know people who swear to the power above that Sticky & Sweet was life changing. Opening night in Cardiff for me was like a dress rehearsal. Utterly woeful. That doesnt compare to the South American show we got on DVD so fair enough, But on the same ticket I was at opening night for Girlie Show and it was literally EVERYTHING!!. Others dont rate it. poor them I say x

I loved S&S Cardiff but it was my first time seeing her. She was better in Manchester the year after atmosphere and energy wise though. The last two times I've seen her (RHT) she was pretty  crap (Manchester horrendous attitude and awful vocals, Glasgow just had no atmosphere at all) so I didn't even entertain this last tour once I realised it wasn't what I'd want from a theatre tour (orchestra or fully live band).

And that's okay. A lot of people didn't like TOAC, but for me the first show she did was incredible and I would love to see a show like that.

Different strokes for different folks. This thread has become a pit of fucking misery lately though. Let's look forward to the DVD with an open mind. 

20 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Oh man I would have loved to go to girlie show. I would have gotten naked it looked so hot

It was a bit scary actually. It was my first concert ever and the crowd were packed in so tight that when it moved you moved like 6 foot to the left or right, back or forward without moving your feet. I thought I was gonna get crushed underfoot. Pre crowd control. horrendous actually but when the show started things had settled and we just stood mouths open.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic