Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

41 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

People hate Madame X that much they’d rather she release the tours we already have instead?? Wtf

Wait, you're asking if I'd rather have improved versions of Blonde Ambition, Ciao Italia, Girlie Show or Drowned World than Madame X? Hell yes, give me the classics. But it's not happening, so who cares?

Madame X is on okay album. I just don't care much for the producers (the sound) of her last few albums and I know she can't dance as much anymore after all her injuries, sadly.

Edited by Warm Gun (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Who are these people?

from @deathproof's post on the previous page

Ian Isiah - signer

https://pitchfork.com/features/rising/meet-ian-isiah-the-sexed-up-unapologetically-extra-randb-star-of-tomorrow/

Blood Orange - music producer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dev_Hynes

Alton Mason - Model

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alton_Mason

Tessa Thompson - Actress

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessa_Thompson

Dawn Richard - singer, songwriter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_Richard

7 hours ago, Warm Gun said:

It has an average bitrate of 4.3 mbps that goes as high as 9.6 mbps. That's moderate to high for a DVD.

None of these shows from laserdisc, vhs, tape, or whatever else should be on blu-ray... imagine paying any amount of money for that.... upscales/remasters or whatever are for youtube. I can't believe people are advocating for such releases.

Also Madonna doesn't do AI upscales. :confused:

9 hours ago, Warm Gun said:

It has an average bitrate of 4.3 mbps that goes as high as 9.6 mbps. That's moderate to high for a DVD.

No offense to you, but AI upscales are gross. They're computerized guesstimates of what should be there. The popularity of them here perplexes me. I'd rather watch the DVDs of her music videos and concerts than the weird looking upscales all over the video section. LaserDisc's vertical resolution is only 425/440.

About the bitrate .. shit in = shit out ... whatever the bitrate. The version you are talking about was recompressed from I don't know which source.

It is soo compressed, huge macroblocks everywhere and the image is sooo yellowish ... beurk.

By the way, the master is in PAL. The version you are watching, again, is a conversion from PAL to NTSC ... reduction of resolution and mixing of the fields to match the frame rate.

That is why I used the PAL laserdisc with a resolution of 720x576 and 25 fps ... unlike your precious version with 720x480 at 29.97 fps (certainly capture with a poor quality DVD recorder).

For your information (existing video formats):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-definition_television

Algorithm artefacts from AI bad interpretation maybe ... but where do you see "computerized guessmates" in my upscale ?

First time I hear this ... are you sure you  set the higher quality in Youtube ?

I'm perplexed everytime I got remarks like that, just to find out people are watching 2K videos on youtube and don't know they have to adjust the right settings manually ... and find themself watching footage in 240p.

Anyway. This is not the subject of this page. Can't wait for october.

2 hours ago, Fighter said:

None of these shows from laserdisc, vhs, tape, or whatever else should be on blu-ray... imagine paying any amount of money for that.... upscales/remasters or whatever are for youtube. I can't believe people are advocating for such releases.

Also Madonna doesn't do AI upscales. :confused:

They did it with the first tour of Mylène Farmer. A bluray release from a betacam tape from 1989 ... the result is a true insult. The worst footage you have ever seen. PAL 720x576 compressed in H264 ... 2hours concert for nearly 30 gigas ... for nothing.

This is what you get ... and it was shot on celluloid at the time ... SHAME :-(

58346999_Clipboard1.jpg.38242b7fc2bdce8e00cbd6f6d9cfffb7.jpg

3 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

ok FUCK this is a trip. Dev is actually there...and Dawn. No shit this could be the Like A Prayer - Ray Of Light hatrick.

I haven't been as excited about a collaborator since...Christ I don't know when, I hope he's over seeing and not just doing a couple of tracks. I'm so excited. That man is pure talent. This is such great news if it's a thing

1 hour ago, InterlacedGeek said:

About the bitrate .. shit in = shit out ... whatever the bitrate. The version you are talking about was recompressed from I don't know which source.

It is soo compressed, huge macroblocks everywhere and the image is sooo yellowish ... beurk.

By the way, the master is in PAL. The version you are watching, again, is a conversion from PAL to NTSC ... reduction of resolution and mixing of the fields to match the frame rate.

That is why I used the PAL laserdisc with a resolution of 720x576 and 25 fps ... unlike your precious version with 720x480 at 29.97 fps (certainly capture with a poor quality DVD recorder).

For your information (existing video formats):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-definition_television

Algorithm artefacts from AI bad interpretation maybe ... but where do you see "computerized guessmates" in my upscale ?

First time I hear this ... are you sure you  set the higher quality in Youtube ?

I'm perplexed everytime I got remarks like that, just to find out people are watching 2K videos on youtube and don't know they have to adjust the right settings manually ... and find themself watching footage in 240p.

Anyway. This is not the subject of this page. Can't wait for october.

What's with the attitude? If you have the LaserDisc PAL version scanned, I'd love to see/have that one or know where you got it from. Just a pure rip. But an upscale with, I assume, motion interpolation to double the framerate? That doesn't interest me. For all the guesstimates your program did to add detail in between what was there originally, I actually see less detail in your version. Look how the vain on her neck has been smoothed out. How much stranger the hair sticking to her face looks. The reduction of detail in the drapes behind her. The reduction of detail on her right sleeve.

Madonna-1990-Blond-Ambition-Tour-in-Nice

Madonna-1990-4k.png

1 hour ago, InterlacedGeek said:

They did it with the first tour of Mylène Farmer. A bluray release from a betacam tape from 1989 ... the result is a true insult. The worst footage you have ever seen. PAL 720x576 compressed in H264 ... 2hours concert for nearly 30 gigas ... for nothing.

This is what you get ... and it was shot on celluloid at the time ... SHAME :-(

58346999_Clipboard1.jpg.38242b7fc2bdce8e00cbd6f6d9cfffb7.jpg

I'd rather have this than something upscaled by an AI program and smoothed out by grain filtering. Where can I get it? Is it available in the music section? If not, I may order it on Amazon.fr at some point. Just having trouble changing the site preferences to English right now.

Don't see anything that says "langue." Crap. Don't wanna pay the higher prices American importers have.

1 hour ago, Warm Gun said:

What's with the attitude? If you have the LaserDisc PAL version scanned, I'd love to see/have that one or know where you got it from. Just a pure rip. But an upscale with, I assume, motion interpolation to double the framerate? That doesn't interest me. For all the guesstimates your program did to add detail in between what was there originally, I actually see less detail in your version. Look how the vain on her neck has been smoothed out. How much stranger the hair sticking to her face looks. The reduction of detail in the drapes behind her. The reduction of detail on her right sleeve.

Madonna-1990-Blond-Ambition-Tour-in-Nice

Madonna-1990-4k.png

Yeah... what is with the attitude? I mean, @InterlacedGeek always puts a disclaimer in his videos' descriptions and never claimed that his AI interpretations are perfect... ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

4 minutes ago, MCL_1993 said:

Yeah... what is with the attitude? I mean, @InterlacedGeek always puts a disclaimer in his videos' descriptions and never claimed that his AI interpretations are perfect... ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

I didn't start with any attitude and I still don't think I'm giving any lip. This is what I originally said to him after he replied to me.

"No offense to you, but AI upscales are gross."

What was I supposed to do, sugarcoat my disdain for AI upscales? He then got all offensive, with "precious version" and suggesting I wasn't bright enough to switch to 2160p. All I then did in the post you quoted is point out the problems of AI upscaling.

10 minutes ago, Warm Gun said:

I didn't start with any attitude and I still don't think I'm giving any lip. This is what I originally said to him after he replied to me.

"No offense to you, but AI upscales are gross."

What was I supposed to do, sugarcoat my disdain for AI upscales? He then got all offensive, with "precious version" and suggesting I wasn't bright enough to switch to 2160p. All I then did in the post you quoted is point out the problems of AI upscaling.

I'm not saying that anything should be sugarcoated but your words were more hostile than nice!

And if someone put a lot of effort, someone like you telling them how shitty their result is doesn't really help!

16 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Are people really still arguing about past tour upscales/bluray releases in a Madame X thread….

let it go GIF

I hope Madonna releases the Madame X Tour in DVD only (as Kylie did with her Golden Tour) just for triggering those people who always complain about the quality :Madonna015:

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic