Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

5 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

If the reports about Netflix are true, it would be the best decision she’s ever made, because it is a global service and more people can watch as part of their subscription. And yes, physical media isn’t selling much, let alone for an artist who isn’t Taylor Swift, Adele, Lorde or Billie Eillish, so I don’t expect anyone but the hardcore fans to go out of their way to get physical mediums for Madame X Tour.

Netflix would be perfect. That said, if there’s an eventual physical release or even something on iTunes and the likes, they better do 4K/HDR Blu-Rays and 4K digital VOD versions to be purchased online.

Sure : it would be perfect if they do a Netflix release.

Then few months later a blu ray sold on madonna.com

I just hope physical releases never stop.

47 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

Sure : it would be perfect if they do a Netflix release.

Then few months later a blu ray sold on madonna.com

I just hope physical releases never stop.

If she lets it out on Netflix, then about Blu-ray you can forget. Better is the way to Hbo max after a couple of months on Blu-ray.There would be a perfect alignment.

Edited by Vadim (see edit history)

On 6/25/2021 at 2:58 AM, shakeyerdix said:

Of course blu ray is much better than dvd... But blu ray are disappearing as much as dvd... Everything is streamed now....

People keep saying that Blu Ray is disappearing but I have seen no evidence of this in real life as all the same stores are still carrying Blu-Ray.

Most people stream, but people that are about quality continue to buy physical as  streaming quality / bitrates pale in comparison to physical media.

30 minutes ago, brank000 said:

People keep saying that Blu Ray is disappearing but I have seen no evidence of this in real life as all the same stores are still carrying Blu-Ray.

Most people stream, but people that are about quality continue to buy physical as  streaming quality / bitrates pale in comparison to physical media.

I hang out on blu-ray.com and have read numerous stories there of stores, especially Best Buy, having their disc sections downsized or disappearing almost completely. I don't know about my own local Best Buy because I haven't gone there since the lockdowns started. But discs are very niche now. People are perplexed and surprised when I tell them I buy and rent discs, like I'm a dinosaur. I'm only 33. I expect discs to still be sold for a very long time, but options for physical collectors are already quickly becoming much more limited.

Edited by Warm Gun (see edit history)

I'm really excited for this to drop (even though it's still a long while away), however I can't help but think of how much better this whole thing could have been managed. It's a bit bittersweet. 

It would have been a lot better if this was released in the late spring of 2020, when:

a) a lot of people were in quarantine and desperately needed a distraction/were watching a lot more Netflix than usual and

b) police brutality was a really hot topic and people could have seen how Madonna was actually being vocal about this before it was "mainstream". Now when people watch the performance of God Control they will just assume she is late on a trend or whatever (cause people are stupid). 

It's just a shame to think of what could have been. The whole Madame X era was brilliant but very poorly managed (why the hell did she go for a dark performance at Eurovision? Bring the camp! Bring the hits! Whatever...) 

7 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

I'm really excited for this to drop (even though it's still a long while away), however I can't help but think of how much better this whole thing could have been managed. It's a bit bittersweet. 

It would have been a lot better if this was released in the late spring of 2020, when:

a) a lot of people were in quarantine and desperately needed a distraction/were watching a lot more Netflix than usual and

b) police brutality was a really hot topic and people could have seen how Madonna was actually being vocal about this before it was "mainstream". Now when people watch the performance of God Control they will just assume she is late on a trend or whatever (cause people are stupid). 

It's just a shame to think of what could have been. The whole Madame X era was brilliant but very poorly managed (why the hell did she go for a dark performance at Eurovision? Bring the camp! Bring the hits! Whatever...) 

we should be very thankful for having an officially filmed/directed concert movie. Lot's of artists don't even release one (Katy's Witness Tour was filmed/directed, but never released). It's very expensive to film/direct/stream/release a tour film. The record company's don't care for releasing this kind of material, since people film with their Iphones and uploading it on YouTube.

Just now, stancherry said:

we should be very thankful for having an officially filmed/directed concert movie. Lot's of artists don't even release one (Katy's Witness Tour was filmed/directed, but never released). It's very expensive to film/direct/stream/release a tour film. The record company's don't care for releasing this kind of material, since people film with their Iphones and uploading it on YouTube.

the production costs are exceeding the profit, she is doing it for her fanbase / artistic vision (since the tour was very exclusive)

On 6/26/2021 at 6:49 AM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Netflix was confirmed in the original article but it was then modified and they removed any reference to netflix after the article was published

I assume they did so because Gomes let it slip before it was ready to be revealed? I sure hope she doesn’t end up releasing it on some US only channel that the entire world will have pirated it the moment it premiers and then no one cares for whatever physical release she makes.

1 hour ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I assume they did so because Gomes let it slip before it was ready to be revealed? I sure hope she doesn’t end up releasing it on some US only channel that the entire world will have pirated it the moment it premiers and then no one cares for whatever physical release she makes.

Didn't we all do that anyway when the rebel heart tour was broadcast on showtime lol

2 hours ago, stancherry said:

Papa Don't Preach won't be included in the film, right?

No, the shows in Lisbon on Jan 12th and maybe the 14th were recorded, Papa Don't preach was only performed for the US shows, there's also rumors they filmed several dress rehearsals for different angles, and she reshot some songs in April

On 6/30/2021 at 3:33 AM, lucasciccone said:

Us in october

zfs8n.jpg

And that's when she will post something along those lines :

"You know how much of a perfectionnist i am and that i cannot present to my fans a tour documentary that do not represent my artistic vision of the show, that is why we have decided to delay the release to December #patience #worthit #controlfreak #madameX

Laugh Lol GIF

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic