Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

God, I hope this isn't edited like the MDNA Tour I watched yesterday. On average, I would say the shots change every 2.5 seconds, sometimes less. Divide that into 113 minutes and you have around 2700 shots. Probably much more, considering the more rapid cuts. The crazy, erratic editing (sometimes interspersed with slow motion shots) doesn't even flow together that comprehensively much of the time. In fact, the chronology seems broken at times. She holds the microphone for one audience member, in the next shot for another and in the following shot she takes the mic away from the first person. I didn't even realize until over an hour into the movie that part of the audience floor is inside the narrow parts of the stage because of the rapid editing. The heavy color filtering, digitally inserted elements (not frequent at least) and about twelve minutes of black and white with high contrast still captures doesn't really help either, in my opinion. Even a movie as recent as The Drowned World Tour from 2001 has far fewer shots, which lets you better appreciate what is going on better. It's so much more relaxed.

I tried to look out in the credits for who edited it, but if it was there I didn't catch it.

Edited by Warm Gun (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Warm Gun said:

God, I hope this isn't edited like the MDNA Tour I watched yesterday. On average, I would say the shots change every 2.5 seconds, sometimes less. Divide that into 113 minutes and you have around 2700 shots. Probably much more, considering the more rapid cuts. The crazy, erratic editing (sometimes interspersed with slow motion shots) doesn't even flow together that comprehensively much of the time. In fact, the chronology seems broken at times. She holds the microphone for one audience member, in the next shot for another and in the following shot she takes the mic away from the first person. I didn't even realize until over an hour into the movie that part of the audience floor is inside the narrow parts of the stage because of the rapid editing. The heavy color filtering, digitally inserted elements (not frequent at least) and about twelve minutes of black and white with high contrast still captures doesn't really help either, in my opinion. Even a movie as recent as The Drowned World Tour from 2001 has far fewer shots, which lets you better appreciate what is going on better. It's so much more relaxed.

2001 is ancient though. I think Rebel Heart was an improvement over MDNA at least.

The worrying already. 

It's no doubt the show with probably some bonus footage either attached in the beginning or end, possible special features tab on Paramount when you click the show. As for keeping some footage for the bluray/DVD sales, that's not always a certain. We thought the show for RHT on Showtime was edited and the missing songs or bits would be brought back for the final cut on physical release but it was the same show excluding some touch ups. So if she does cut something, it can be either or on the final home video release.

If it does include footage, I hope it's not during the show the way the boxing clip came during RHT. Talk about jarring.

Let's hope not a lot of is missing from the show that is integral to the narrative. 

Haha, do you guys really like Madonna? There’s some always saying that colors in dvds are horrible, song sounds bad, the albums are not good. I love and enjoy MDNA, RHT, CT. I liked it more live but I love the dvd editions. So thanks Madonna, and forgive them.  they don’t deserve you and have to burn in the f*cking hell but all of them will be lubing October 8th

2 hours ago, le0nard0 said:

Haha, do you guys really like Madonna? There’s some always saying that colors in dvds are horrible, song sounds bad, the albums are not good. I love and enjoy MDNA, RHT, CT. I liked it more live but I love the dvd editions. So thanks Madonna, and forgive them.  they don’t deserve you and have to burn in the f*cking hell but all of them will be lubing October 8th

Well... I agree some fans exaggerate a little bit, but I prefer the critical sense instead of licking her ass and believing everything she does is flawless. I mean... It not even coadunate with her teachings. She never sayed "Well I did this or that simply because I'm right and my point of view it's the right one", instead, she always says she do things because she wanna wake people up. You know... Just my opinion. :Madonna043:

Just now, cosmicarlo818 said:

BRO I JUST WANT "COME ALIVE" THAT'S IT!

Lmao! ugh the rest of the set list would be a bonus for me at this point

Yes, believe the hype! Cum Alive was really that life-changing after seeing it 3x LIVE here in Los Angeles. I'm cum-crying as I type

Come Alive was a highlight of the show. It probably will he included. 
If they’re trimming anything it’s gonna be her damn speeches. Cutting the polaroid, self reflection, and beer bitch literally frees up 30-40 mins. 

2 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Come Alive was a highlight of the show. It probably will he included. 
If they’re trimming anything it’s gonna be her damn speeches. Cutting the polaroid, self reflection, and beer bitch literally frees up 30-40 mins. 

Amen! 32 mins total of those damn speeches, beer hos, and typewriter intros! LMAO!

Although the FREEDOM SPEECH after Come Alive should be kept for sure!

Omg now I can't wait! COME ALIVE was really transcendent I cant even --

4 minutes ago, cosmicarlo818 said:

Amen! 32 mins total of those damn speeches, beer hos, and typewriter intros! LMAO!

Although the FREEDOM SPEECH after Come Alive should be kept for sure!

Omg now I can't wait! COME ALIVE was really transcendent I cant even --

Yea she talked way too much. Like I’d be fine with it usually but it was fucking 2AM during a work week. Like please just finish :Madonna009:

The only acceptable criticisms that I have for this show is how late it fucking started and how the theater was as hot and dry as the Sahara desert. After 3 nights of going my lips were completely chapped and cracked :drama:

3 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Yea she talked way too much. Like I’d be fine with it usually but it was fucking 2AM during a work week. Like please just finish :Madonna009:

The only acceptable criticisms that I have for this show is how late it fucking started and how the theater was as hot and dry as the Sahara desert. After 3 nights of going my lips were completely chapped and cracked :drama:

Lol yup! I remember sneaking multiple times to get closer to the stage and crouching in the aisles cause yknow, halfway through the show people are buzzed & start moving around lol.

Then she calls this girl named Kim Kordasheen or something and she was right next to the seat I was crouching at LMAO. Apparently she is this huge but talentless celeb?? IDK

But I saw her so damn close during Extreme Occident. And damn... that ASS mama!

21 hours ago, Angelo said:

This will be another fucking documentary....

I'm depressed

Its a doc, just to wind you up. :smile: Put negativity out into the universe and it comes back to you.  All you do is moan. Thanks.

'The Madame X doc will feature behind-the-scenes clips of Madonna in action during the album's tour in 2019 and 2020. In addition, there will be an intimate look at the battles she had with her hip and knee injuries, which forced her to cancel several shows in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Portugal, eventually concluding the entire tour three days before its final date, while also coinciding with the ban of gatherings due to the spread of COVID-19.'

3 hours ago, scallywally said:

Its a doc, just to wind you up. :smile: Put negativity out into the universe and it comes back to you.  All you do is moan. Thanks.

'The Madame X doc will feature behind-the-scenes clips of Madonna in action during the album's tour in 2019 and 2020. In addition, there will be an intimate look at the battles she had with her hip and knee injuries, which forced her to cancel several shows in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Portugal, eventually concluding the entire tour three days before its final date, while also coinciding with the ban of gatherings due to the spread of COVID-19.'

Negativity for what?? Because I want the full show and not another useless backstage footage in the middle??

please............thank You, next.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic