Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

19 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

This. Literally the most unnecessary part of the show. Couldn't believe some fans were bummed when this was axed. It was cruise ship level production and choreography. I could have seen it replacing that first Portuguese song....forget what it was called. Where it was just her and an instrument at the front of the stage. A stripped back unplugged version would have been amazing.

Future was also very out of place, though an amazing arrangement. Should have closed the first section after American Life, and Come Alive should have gone into a few hits towards the end, like Holiday, Music, Hung Up, etc. A few uplifting hits at the end to keep the casuals satisfied. Ah well.

i guess the 2 cover songs will be cut and probably Batuka Prayer and Rescue Me will be shortened.

On 7/24/2021 at 1:20 AM, eXtremeOccident said:

This. Literally the most unnecessary part of the show. Couldn't believe some fans were bummed when this was axed. It was cruise ship level production and choreography. I could have seen it replacing that first Portuguese song....forget what it was called. Where it was just her and an instrument at the front of the stage. A stripped back unplugged version would have been amazing.

Future was also very out of place, though an amazing arrangement. Should have closed the first section after American Life, and Come Alive should have gone into a few hits towards the end, like Holiday, Music, Hung Up, etc. A few uplifting hits at the end to keep the casuals satisfied. Ah well.

I think Future was perfect where it was. It was very poignant and a culmination of the whole message of the show. As much as I’d have loved more hits I think tacking them on at the end would have been out of place. It just was not that type of show. The place to perform more well known songs would have been the fado section. Remember the instrumentals the band played before she came on? Would love to have seen 2-3 classics done like that. Even in the Madame x doco she was playing Like a Virgin. A missed opportunity to include that in the concert imo. Yes hearing Gasper’s grandma’s song was great but how much better would have a classic Madonna song been?

18 hours ago, deathproof said:

Thank you! I only saw the show once and the no phone policy had pretty much erased all memories of the concert as I never could relieve it with YouTube clips like with previous tours 

Imagine how great it will be when we finally see it and the memories come flooding back. I have not even listened to bootlegs since shortly after the show.... Just talking about it brings back little memories.

6 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I think Future was perfect where it was. It was very poignant and a culmination of the whole message of the show. As much as I’d have loved more hits I think tacking them on at the end would have been out of place. It just was not that type of show. The place to perform more well known songs would have been the fado section. Remember the instrumentals the band played before she came on? Would love to have seen 2-3 classics done like that. Even in the Madame x doco she was playing Like a Virgin. A missed opportunity to include that in the concert imo. Yes hearing Gasper’s grandma’s song was great but how much better would have a classic Madonna song been?

Okay, I see what you’re saying with Future. Can get on board with that.

But THIS. The rest of this. The band instrumentals would have been perfect arrangements for a few classics in the middle of the show.

Actually, it would have been really cool if the whole Frozen performance had the orchestra dimly lit with Madonna in the foreground like the normal performance and then led into a section of orchestral and / or horn arrangements of a few songs.

15 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Okay, I see what you’re saying with Future. Can get on board with that.

But THIS. The rest of this. The band instrumentals would have been perfect arrangements for a few classics in the middle of the show.

Actually, it would have been really cool if the whole Frozen performance had the orchestra dimly lit with Madonna in the foreground like the normal performance and then led into a section of orchestral and / or horn arrangements of a few songs.

There are many ways she could have included more classics. For starters Express Yourself and Rescue Me could have been done properly. Thematically Die Another Day could have fit somewhere too as well as 4 Minutes. I guess she just did not want to.

17 hours ago, acolyte said:

The biggest missed opportunity in my opinion was "Who's That Girl."

It could have been a substantial contribution to the Madame X persona on tour and there are so many ways in which this song could have been reimagined, most fittingly a dance-reggae version. The fado section was a bit lengthy when I saw it in Paris despite being shortened already, but "Who's That Girl" would really have elevated the mood (and pleased long-time and casual fans) before the typewriter segue into "Medellín."

In my head it makes so much dramaturgical sense: "Who's That Girl" tracing out the elusiveness of the Madame X character, the typewriter intro then going into why she's constantly on the run and then presenting her latest transformation as a cha-cha instructor with "Medellín" – before concluding that journey's cycle with the contemplative "Extreme Occident" looking for a benchmark and steadiness of character. 

it seems like she has her favorites from each decade / songs she is assuming are very popular (Virgin, La Isla, Open Your Heart, Prayer, Express Yourself, Vogue, Human Nature, Frozen, Music, Ray of Light, Music, Candy Shop) and would rather include most songs from every recent album.

I don't know what the setlist is, but I'd rather have much more new songs than old. Even with Blonde Ambition, Girlie Show and Drowned World, I generally preferred the newer songs. Then again, the Madame X album isn't nearly long enough to cover a whole concert. I just hope there is very little debut album, Like a Virgin, True Blue and Like a Prayer in there, which are too different from the new songs.

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

A perfect balanced setlist is 6-8 new songs and the rest old songs, with a 24-song setlist. 

RIT was perfect in that regard:

AL songs: 6 songs (including Hollywood interlude) 

Old songs: 15 

But there was damage control from the album itself going on. Where Drowned World saw her distancing herself from the old hits, Reinvention saw returning to the past, which people found more attractive than American Life. She’s last that now. If anything, we got splashes of her back catalogue throughout MX era. Like A Prayer at Euro and Tour. Vogue, American Life at Pride and Tour. Frozen and Rescue Me and others on tour. And Hung Up returned for Pride this year alongside IDSIF. I’m interested I. Her current works because that’s where she is in the world. I was born 97 so I can’t fall back on the experiences of her during the 80s, 90s, and early 00s. I have what she’s giving now and will give.  

3 hours ago, gafuller said:

But there was damage control from the album itself going on. Where Drowned World saw her distancing herself from the old hits, Reinvention saw returning to the past, which people found more attractive than American Life. She’s last that now. If anything, we got splashes of her back catalogue throughout MX era. Like A Prayer at Euro and Tour. Vogue, American Life at Pride and Tour. Frozen and Rescue Me and others on tour. And Hung Up returned for Pride this year alongside IDSIF. I’m interested I. Her current works because that’s where she is in the world. I was born 97 so I can’t fall back on the experiences of her during the 80s, 90s, and early 00s. I have what she’s giving now and will give.  

This will hopefully change now that she's focusing on the biopic. It would make a lot of sense to follow the biopic with a retrospective tour. It doesn't have to be just her biggest hits but less known singles and fan favourites. That's kind of what I expect the soundtrack to the movie to consist of too because some of her most autobiographical songs were not singles.

Drowned wasn’t so much her distancing herself from her past in that she simply had an insane amount of NEW material to cover.

Bedtime Stories, Evita, Ray of Light, Music. Oh, and Beautiful Stranger… there were so many NEW songs to play.  And that’s not even including some things that got skipped over entirely… I’ll Remember. This Used to Be My Playground. The new songs of Something To Remember. And I suspect I am forgetting a few things…

On 7/23/2021 at 3:54 PM, deathproof said:

I honestly don’t remember the show that well, but the VIP book shows a projection for Crave that starts out with the typewriter, did that happen for Crave in the show????

A1FB64E2-387A-4BD9-B2CD-4E4C3B984994.jpeg.3de36aabe0a47900e74f4a55a03db1fc.jpeg

No. Crave was just the generic music video intro with spoken words. 

She does sit at the type writer like that right before Medellin tho. But those words aren’t projected. I think she types out the spoken part from the Medellin music video and then taps out the One Two Cha Cha Cha after that.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic