Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

8 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

It still is a huge bummer she didn't include this song in the show. She knows how much fans wanted it and teased it. What she did was low key lame.

I mean it's M we're talking about. The fans have also been very vocal about how Human Nature and/or Candy Shop are taking up space on the setlists and yet they keep managing to show up on almost every tour. She also teased HD Justify My Love and still sign of it. The MXT DVD is probably the biggest tease and edging that she has done to the fans but she finally let up on that. Taunting the fans is what Madonna loves to do because she knows she's not our bitch but most of us are her bitch. 

9 hours ago, Warm Gun said:

Darn. I shouldn't even be surprised. These concerts are about (1) promoting the newest album and (2) playing what's popular, and how often do you hear Rescue Me on the radio.

In that case the 3rd song in the show shouldn’t have been American Life TOAC version haha. 
Rescue Me deserved a full live performance after 30 years

4 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

In that case the 3rd song in the show shouldn’t have been American Life TOAC version haha. 
Rescue Me deserved a full live performance after 30 years

it would perfectly fit right after I Don't Search. And in that rehearsal clip it sounded like the ending of Rescue Me merged right into AmericaLife. I've read it was also supposed to be in the 1st act, similar to the original mix with new vocals between IDS and American Life, but later on they didn't manage to do the performance/choreo and made an interlude out of it. Falling Free was meant to be an interlude between Extreme Occident and Frozen and You Must Love Me and WIFLFAG were acoustic sogs, that were rehearsed for the second section. Same was done for X-Static Process and Easy Ride (strangely was meant to be in the 1st act)

1 hour ago, stancherry said:

it would perfectly fit right after I Don't Search. And in that rehearsal clip it sounded like the ending of Rescue Me merged right into AmericaLife. I've read it was also supposed to be in the 1st act, similar to the original mix with new vocals between IDS and American Life, but later on they didn't manage to do the performance/choreo and made an interlude out of it. Falling Free was meant to be an interlude between Extreme Occident and Frozen and You Must Love Me and WIFLFAG were acoustic sogs, that were rehearsed for the second section. Same was done for X-Static Process and Easy Ride (strangely was meant to be in the 1st act)

What it feels like for a girl acoustic would have been amazing.

2 hours ago, stancherry said:

No no no lol! Falling free, YMLM and Xstatic would have brought the show down.

This is what I would have done.

I would start the show with a video backdrop leading into God Control, and used the Offer Nissim remix reworked with violins replacing those amazing synths he used. Bits of American Life would be mixed into GC. 
Scrap Human Nature, include Rescue Me, sing Easy Ride on guitar instead of AL.

Include the Rebel Heart Tour version of Who’s That Girl in the fado section instead of one of the 2 covers. 
Mix Medellin and Sodade. And have a video interlude for the Fado Section (maybe WIFLFAG since it was considered)

Use Human Nature in the interlude before Frozen instead of Rescue Me.

And have a full live band like on the Girlie Show.

Let’s be real, we’ll all have recommendations on the setlist and this conversation will go on forever, simply because it was by far her clunkiest approach to song selection and a “cohesive narrative” she’s ever had in a show since Blond Ambition. Even Rebel Heart, for which I’ve expressed extreme disappointment in the half baked ideas for that show in other threads, was a better concept.

I’ll never understand why she didn’t make each section of the show each of the Madame X personas and tie it together as a narrative about who Madame X was. There was so much potential to bring back old singles / album tracks that are forgotten, keeping the show fresh for her yet self-referential and recognizable for fans and general public alike. Not every old song has to be a single — Fans would die for songs like Promise to Try, Swim, Words (which the intro of is just like the Future intro and would have been a great song after it as the upbeat song instead of Crave…just saying…). She seems to forget that until the mid 2000s she sold MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of albums. Enough people would recognize these songs for it to not seem completely self-indulgent. Of course, she’d still need a few big hits to keep everyone happy. Not every “new song” needs to be from the latest record.

Still looking forward to the recoding and curious to see how she’s tightened up the show via the filmed presentation, as I have a feeling it will be edited a fair bit. 

I still think she has one massive stadium / arena tour in her based on her greatest hits, so I do want to see her do one final tour-de-force show with Moment Factory and MDNA production and a Reinvention Tour type of approach with the setlist and S&S / MDNA-lite choreography, since I’m sure she has a bit of that still left in her. With FRESH ideas and not simply a rehash of old tours (no more reused backdrops, NO MORE GAS MASKS lmao).

But after that? She should give this theatre tour thing a do over. It’s a concept that has so much more potential than what she did with Madame X. With the right creative director and production support behind her, I think she could deliver a truly mind blowing show and reinvent the idea of a pop show once again. That is, if she feels like it, of course. She’s got nothing more to prove at this point. Just don’t want Madame X to be the last of her touring legacy.

1 hour ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Let’s be real, we’ll all have recommendations on the setlist and this conversation will go on forever, simply because it was by far her clunkiest approach to song selection and a “cohesive narrative” she’s ever had in a show since Blond Ambition. Even Rebel Heart, for which I’ve expressed extreme disappointment in the half baked ideas for that show in other threads, was a better concept.

I’ll never understand why she didn’t make each section of the show each of the Madame X personas and tie it together as a narrative about who Madame X was. There was so much potential to bring back old singles / album tracks that are forgotten, keeping the show fresh for her yet self-referential and recognizable for fans and general public alike. Not every old song has to be a single — Fans would die for songs like Promise to Try, Swim, Words (which the intro of is just like the Future intro and would have been a great song after it as the upbeat song instead of Crave…just saying…). She seems to forget that until the mid 2000s she sold MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of albums. Enough people would recognize these songs for it to not seem completely self-indulgent. Of course, she’d still need a few big hits to keep everyone happy. Not every “new song” needs to be from the latest record.

Still looking forward to the recoding and curious to see how she’s tightened up the show via the filmed presentation, as I have a feeling it will be edited a fair bit. 

I still think she has one massive stadium / arena tour in her based on her greatest hits, so I do want to see her do one final tour-de-force show with Moment Factory and MDNA production and a Reinvention Tour type of approach with the setlist and S&S / MDNA-lite choreography, since I’m sure she has a bit of that still left in her. With FRESH ideas and not simply a rehash of old tours (no more reused backdrops, NO MORE GAS MASKS lmao).

But after that? She should give this theatre tour thing a do over. It’s a concept that has so much more potential than what she did with Madame X. With the right creative director and production support behind her, I think she could deliver a truly mind blowing show and reinvent the idea of a pop show once again. That is, if she feels like it, of course. She’s got nothing more to prove at this point. Just don’t want Madame X to be the last of her touring legacy.

Well said 

17 hours ago, Ali Khafaji said:

Rescue me should’ve been after Batuka with new Batukadeiras Remix it would’ve been amazing and I will add Paradise (Not for me) as the spoken words interlude before Frozen

I also thought about that. The Titanic Vocal Version is basically what you mean... The choir really fits the whole show and it's a missed opportunity, although i would still stick to it being performed after IDS and replace AL by Easy Ride with a video interlude showcasing her hometown and landscape / horseriding.

On 7/30/2021 at 1:07 PM, Shoful said:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!

Not everyone can understand ART! :clapp:

Since when men breathing for 10 mins is art, lol  basic and unispiring  lol. Now Reinvention tour Intro by Steven Klein, and all her tour backdrops is art at highest level.  

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic