Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

On 7/19/2021 at 9:40 PM, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

If this was 2003 / 2005 she would have time to release American Life, all singles, do the Britney colab, VMAs, Re-Invention Tour, the children's books, multiple photoshoots, live 8 and recorded Confessions on a Dancefloor. 

I could say this for all eras.

I never saw her sticking with the same thing for so long. It's quite weird. 

I dont mind her changing genres on each album, id love for her to try and make a full rock album like plastic hearts, or a true completely disco/dance album (no slow songs).

26 minutes ago, bedtimestory said:

Since when men breathing for 10 mins is art, lol  basic and unispiring  lol. Now Reinvention tour Intro by Steven Klein, and all her tour backdrops is art at highest level.  

Men Breathing???? Did you even watch the show??? Did you watch the Choreography? The Dancers movements and energy??? The atmosphere in the room??? 

On 7/31/2021 at 2:52 PM, eXtremeOccident said:

Let’s be real, we’ll all have recommendations on the setlist and this conversation will go on forever, simply because it was by far her clunkiest approach to song selection and a “cohesive narrative” she’s ever had in a show since Blond Ambition. Even Rebel Heart, for which I’ve expressed extreme disappointment in the half baked ideas for that show in other threads, was a better concept.

I’ll never understand why she didn’t make each section of the show each of the Madame X personas and tie it together as a narrative about who Madame X was. There was so much potential to bring back old singles / album tracks that are forgotten, keeping the show fresh for her yet self-referential and recognizable for fans and general public alike. Not every old song has to be a single — Fans would die for songs like Promise to Try, Swim, Words (which the intro of is just like the Future intro and would have been a great song after it as the upbeat song instead of Crave…just saying…). She seems to forget that until the mid 2000s she sold MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of albums. Enough people would recognize these songs for it to not seem completely self-indulgent. Of course, she’d still need a few big hits to keep everyone happy. Not every “new song” needs to be from the latest record.

Still looking forward to the recoding and curious to see how she’s tightened up the show via the filmed presentation, as I have a feeling it will be edited a fair bit. 

I still think she has one massive stadium / arena tour in her based on her greatest hits, so I do want to see her do one final tour-de-force show with Moment Factory and MDNA production and a Reinvention Tour type of approach with the setlist and S&S / MDNA-lite choreography, since I’m sure she has a bit of that still left in her. With FRESH ideas and not simply a rehash of old tours (no more reused backdrops, NO MORE GAS MASKS lmao).

But after that? She should give this theatre tour thing a do over. It’s a concept that has so much more potential than what she did with Madame X. With the right creative director and production support behind her, I think she could deliver a truly mind blowing show and reinvent the idea of a pop show once again. That is, if she feels like it, of course. She’s got nothing more to prove at this point. Just don’t want Madame X to be the last of her touring legacy.

So true!

I didn’t hate the show but I felt like it lacked cohesiveness and creative direction. It had a few high points but mostly it was lackluster and bland (for her standards).

I’m hoping the video edit will be a big improvement over the real thing

2 hours ago, Ali Khafaji said:

Men Breathing???? Did you even watch the show??? Did you watch the Choreography? The Dancers movements and energy??? The atmosphere in the room??? 

It was a good but not great. Similar things have been done way better in experimental theater. 
The problem is that most fans would love to experience a live performance of this song not an abstract interlude using samples of it

14 hours ago, Ali Khafaji said:

It was highly boring and way to long (for me) That spot  could have been used for a new video interlude or the original rescue me song. Tour was full of missed opportunities and lacked the superb taste level Madonna once had. However, I still love her, duh...

4 hours ago, bedtimestory said:

It was highly boring and way to long (for me) That spot  could have been used for a new video interlude or the original rescue me song. Tour was full of missed opportunities and lacked the superb taste level Madonna once had. However, I still love her, duh...

If only she had your superb tastes! Like how the Rebel Heart tour is her BEST tour ever! 

:Madonna006:

On 8/2/2021 at 8:07 AM, bedtimestory said:

Since when men breathing for 10 mins is art, lol  basic and unispiring  lol. Now Reinvention tour Intro by Steven Klein, and all her tour backdrops is art at highest level.  

Exactly. That Rescue Me interlude was the most horrendous shit she has ever included in a concert. Literally straight out of a high school production. Eek.

6 minutes ago, bedtimestory said:

MX tour was a missed opportunity...So many great arrangements could have been made to her old songs that don't get performed. Like Fever, Nothing really matters, rescue me, etc...

Fever was already performed on the Girlie Show Tour 

1 hour ago, bedtimestory said:

MX tour was a missed opportunity...So many great arrangements could have been made to her old songs that don't get performed. Like Fever, Nothing really matters, rescue me, etc...

Ok one thing we agree on Nothing Really Matters MUST be performed before we’re dead. I’m sick of that amazing track being snubbed

6 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

oooooooooh, tbh i've always thought words would make for a political kinda interlude backdrop thing

It fit sooooo perfectly with Madame X theme should’ve been in the first section. Not only is it about not keeping promises (which she could turn into politicians lying) but the typewriter :drama:

3 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I need to hear and see bad Girl and The Power of Good-Bye performed live before I die

She did the first on SNL in 1993 and she did POG in 1998 on Top of the Pops or something like that.

Been there, done that. She doesn’t like to repeat herself!! You know that, love.

What she *hasn’t* done yet, on the other hand, is a rock and roll version of Candy Shop.

5 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

She did the first on SNL in 1993 and she did POG in 1998 on Top of the Pops or something like that.

Been there, done that. She doesn’t like to repeat herself!! You know that, love.

What she *hasn’t* done yet, on the other hand, is a rock and roll version of Candy Shop.

Actually none of the songs on Top of the pops were done live, they were mimed mostly because of the logistics - and cost - of each band setting everything up for one song and getting it to sound good on a TV broadcast were just too much for the BBC to manage. 

Plus The artists performing were promoting the single. So it was considered better the play the track they are trying to sell, exactly as the finished product would sound once you purchased it. In the 80s and 90s in particular, a lot of tracks were studio produced and refined to a level of perfection that was not easily replicated live.

Words would have been perfect with MX concert.

Totally in the spirit of the show... But I think it's a song she'll never perform live because it's too hard for her to sing live.

Especially now... Since 2008 she doesn't seem to care of her live voice anymore... Between 2001 and 2006 we had best live moments ever with her very clear voice she worked a lot. Then she dares to sing so so so badly and many time out of the key.

Words is much to high for her. They should change the key. And so for many old songs...

On 8/3/2021 at 4:49 AM, eXtremeOccident said:

Omg people have that opinion....? :Madonna006: :Madonna006:

i guess the RHT stage was designed specifically so long, to "stretch" M's choreography and include more walking parts (so it seems like she is moving more). The Madame X Tour is more compact and it looks like she is not dancing that much. Anyway, the tour is not what we expected, i guess everyone was expecting something similar to TOC including X Static Process, Easy Ride etc. People are moaning about the setlist, although it includes most of her biggest hits (with some of them  missing). Just imagine the setlist as it is, without HN, Frozen, Prayer etc...? Is there enough time for Easy Ride etc...? The show is over 2:30 minutes long allready. Hopefully it will be released on BluRay/CD. Just imagine, how "boring" it would be with XStatic Process and Easy Ride on it. If you want to listen to these songs, just put the AL record on.

11 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Lol I hope that part about her not liking to repeat herself is ironic because she does. 
She probably doesn’t even remember she did those obscure performances. She just picks out what she’s comfortable with at the time and what she and the creative director think works best for the current tour

6 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Actually none of the songs on Top of the pops were done live, they were mimed mostly because of the logistics - and cost - of each band setting everything up for one song and getting it to sound good on a TV broadcast were just too much for the BBC to manage. 

Plus The artists performing were promoting the single. So it was considered better the play the track they are trying to sell, exactly as the finished product would sound once you purchased it. In the 80s and 90s in particular, a lot of tracks were studio produced and refined to a level of perfection that was not easily replicated live.

She performed The Power Of Good-Bye live at the VH1 fashion awards and MTV EMA and both performances were horrible haha

16 hours ago, Shoful said:

Ok one thing we agree on Nothing Really Matters MUST be performed before we’re dead. I’m sick of that amazing track being snubbed

If she never performs it again, at least we'll have the Grammys performance

12 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

real housewives karen huger GIF by Slice

Don't give her ideas! That would go down as well as the rock and roll version of Hung Up. 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic