Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

1 minute ago, Fabiolous said:

It's not just in that song... I wonder why they thought that sounded ok

Where else is it!?

Like seriously…. Who allowed that shit?

Also I just don’t understand was she forced to like keep the album/movie length at some minimum or number of tracks?

Why is express yourself shoved in with Human Nature?

What is the point of remixing and cutting off the best songs: God Control, Killers, Extreme Occ.?

3 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Her voice sounded bigger in person like her note carries and mmmm’s shook the entire room. I can barely hear them here

And God Control is simply a mess.

meanwhile Batuka and Killers are way better than the album versions I think.

And why the hell are we having that “breathwork” and the remixed intro included but 2 songs are missing from the show? 
And welcome to my fado club is edited down but we have to listen to the twins singing express yourself.

Ugh I wish the live album was the full show with unedited songs and with all the nonsense removed

I Rise. The speech is good but sounds weird with the audio playing then everything is silent for the typing. Also thank god they removed  Emma. She hates M?

1 minute ago, thegoldencalf said:

And God Control is simply a mess.

meanwhile Batuka and Killers are way better than the album versions I think.

And why the hell are we having that “breathwork” and the remixed intro included but 2 songs are missing from the show? 

Yes I agree Batuka sounds amazing but Killers is missing something. Maybe if it was complete. And that weird bird whistle at 3:40.ike wtf is that

My little review of the Madame X Live album

I love the mixing of the songs. It's not the greatest Live album she has ever done but I like it way better than the last 3 tours. I'd say if I had to rate them, it'd be (from worst to best) RHT-SS-MDNA-MMEX. That is, of course, considering that the sound mixing Stuart did for Confessions and IGTTYAS is immaculate and makes every other release after those pale in comparison - just to be real!

I like the Intro. Like, not love!

I am absolutely in love with God Control. The break after 'a new democracy' was as unnecessary as the one before the second verse in 'Iconic'.

I always loved the sung part of Dark Ballet - I always skipped the weird nutcracker suite but somehow managed to sit through it to hear her screaming. And I know that everyone and their grandmother has to be 'woke' and sh*t like that but I could've done without her screaming 'Death to the patriarchy'.

What's with the spliced audio during the speeches, though?

Did they use the iPhone audio? I thought every soundboard since the 1987 WTGT has been recorded?!?

Killers finally sounds like a finished song. Don't get me wrong, I always liked the album version but it always felt a little unfinished - almost like a demo and I was never able to pinpoint what it was. The Live track feels like the finished product. I love the deep bass in it!

I don't think they recycled vocals from past tours but I am not 100% sure about Vogue… I am by far not an expert, that's just an opinion.

By the time I got to fado, I had to grab myself a beer. I was really enjoying what I heard so far!

Please don't kill me for this…. I skipped 'Breathwork' 4 seconds in. To me this is one of the songs they should have cut!

And then the endless intro for Medellin…? Hmm…

What's up with the crowd noise in this? Did they just use a stock track with audience noise and faded it in and out at the end/start of songs?!

Why does the guitar in Frozen sound like an afterthough when it kicks in and catches you by surprise? It doesn't sound like Monte actually played it AT THE CONCERT.

I love the song and the arrangement, though.

The voilin, on the other hand, sound amazing and like it's actually from the concert and the transition to 'Come Alive' is great

I love Come Alive but now you can actually understand what she's singing. That's the case with many - I would even go as far and say all - of the songs from this Live album. 

The sung parts are mixed and levelled nicely but here's another spliced speech…

Future was all we hoped for, I'd say, after @Shofulgot us hyped throughout the past year or so. ?

The transistion to LAP with the sirens is nice. Not too intrusive, not too long. Nicely done.

The opening vocals to LAP feel a little MDNA-ish, don't they? I LOVE LOVE LOVE Like a Prayer. It's one of my go-to-songs when I feel  down and need a little support by Madonna. So by now I am drunk enough to really enjoy the delivery of her lines and the song overall. I even tear up a little… Thanks, M, for not butchering this edit!!! ???❤️

The speech before 'I Rise' is a re-hash, okay. I like it. It's exactly what I imagined it to be for the concert film. It's tastefully done. It's not too long, it conveys exactly what she wanted the message of the song to be while not going too much into detail à la secretprojectrevolution.

Now I almost feel a little dizzy because somewhere between dancing to Medellin and then reversing back to Fado because my boyfriend felt like it, he started pouring tequila.

(He's not a die-hard fan but even he knows that she did Tequila during the Matador/Gypsy section during the RHT, so he just went with the theme. Lol)

I would give the whole Album a solid 4/5.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic