Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

5 minutes ago, Warm Gun said:

2016's Before the Dawn? Yes. She very rarely performs live, so it's still exciting.

i know my partner is a kate bush fan and i always feel a bit sad for him because she does nothing anymore .remastering old albums is not that exciting and i dont even think they was good remasters - i think i have it bad with a new album ever 3 years or so from madonna 

Edited by hankypanky2021 (see edit history)

You can always watch the kate bush theatre show she did in HD Quality (oh wait she didnt release it did she ) boooooo - talking of kate bush i never knew she lip synced but i watched a old show of hers years ago and she lipped the entire concert ..i was surprised ..not a dig at her as i like kate but i was a bit shocked - has she ever sung live in her shows ?

She didn't.

The Tour of Life and Before The Dawn were both entirely live, besides one song mimed on The Tour of Life (Hammer Horror) and she doesn't even wear a mic for that. The footage of that show is obviously somewhat mixed though - but if you listen to/watch the Manchester show of the same show it's unmixed soundboard audio and it's apparent that it's all live.

Before The Dawn was all live too - some of it actually a little off key in places, but the live CD is made up of audio from every show so they've mixed a show where she sounds far more perfect - but it's not 'fake' it's just very carefully selected.

I love Kate. She virtually always mimed tv performances though, although it was generally the style at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016's Before the Dawn? Yes. She very rarely performs live, so it's still exciting. She also really isn't as productive as a musician as Madonna. Hasn't released an album in ten years.

I must say though, every album is stellar quality. Director's Cut isn't brilliant but every studio album is exceptional.

32 minutes ago, Warm Gun said:

To be honest, I don't think I even want Kate to release a new concert movie. Like forty percent of the magic in her music videos and The Tour of Life was her interpretive dancing, which obviously becomes much more difficult with age.

so you would prefer her to just retire and do cooking shows lol she basically has retired she has just not officially said it yet - im so happy madonna released madame x tour because i missed it because she cancelled my date and even with injury which is pretty obvious sometimes she still can dance .i think people over 60 can still wave their hands about in motions so kate would be fine - cher has been doing the punch the air dance for decades now ..im sure her fans would love to see her live even if she cant do ballet dancing as well as before 

Edited by hankypanky2021 (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, hankypanky2021 said:

so you would prefer her to just retire and do cooking shows lol she basically has retired she has just not officially said it yet - im so happy madonna released madame x tour because i missed it because she cancelled my date and even with injury which is pretty obvious sometimes she still can dance .i think people over 60 can still wave their hands about in motions so kate would be fine - cher has been doing the punch the air dance for decades now ..im sure her fans would love to see her live even if she cant do ballet dancing as well as before 

She took a twelve year break between The Red Shoes and Aerial (which was a great album). This isn't new. But yeah, if this woman is going to do more work, then I'd prefer albums and no concert movies. The time to do concert movies has passed. I think she knows that it would be unflattering for her.

1 minute ago, Warm Gun said:

She took a twelve year break between The Red Shoes and Aerial. This isn't new. But yeah, if this woman is going to do more work, then I'd prefer albums and no concert movies. The time to do concert movies has passed. I think she knows that it would be unflattering for her.

yes i get this but she is not getting younger and life is short and anything can happen ..i can get why her fans get frustrated - i guess not filming these theatre shows make them more exclusive and that way you could make more money the next time around but she does not like touring does she ? im sure she could record a new album something must have inspired her in all these years since her last album to make more music ..abba did it lol 

i bet she would record more music if she could not afford the bills lol 

Well, apparently her house is very close to the edge of the cliff she lives on now so I guess some extra cash to fight coastal erosion may have influenced Before the Dawn...

On 10/8/2021 at 10:21 AM, Fighter said:

Holy shit dudes....

I just finally watched the show, not in 4k cos my stupid TV doesn't carry Paramount but I will eventually. Anyway, forget about the editing and quality which were great, but the show itself.... I kinda had an idea from pictures and stuff but I was blown away. IDK if it's because I just watched it but everything felt perfect, the setlist, the costumes, the stage elements. I love the concept of the typewriter and Madame X telling the story throughout the show. I love that we could see little details, and the slow motion shots in a few parts were truly breathtaking. I love how she edited bits of World of Madame X into the Come Alive performance. I liked the Rescue Me interlude.

I can't point to a specific favorite moment but I love when she's singing Frozen and you can see Lola's face overlayed on top of her in the same pose, it's really beautiful. 

Honestly didn't notice any problems with the audio or video editing, I wasn't distracted by it or bothered by fast paced cuts or little bits of "bootleg" audio. It just felt organic and Artsy. I haven't listened to the live album yet though.

Anyways it was definitely worth the wait :lol::handsy: Finally enough Love. :blackheart::rainbow:

I agree. Everything was done so well. I think it actually works better in this format rather than live. (at least the New York shows before she ironed everything out) TBH I didn't see the continuity in the show when I saw it live. The polaroid section seemed so random to me live, but after seeing the film I see it's tied into the IDSIF scene with them taking photos of her. Also, her tacking on "I'm Madame X" to the end of Vogue and American Life just seemed lazy at the time. Now I see it as the one big art piece and everything just makes sense now. I also see how Crave would have felt out of place, so its probably for the best they cut it. It's also so touching how personal this show is. She shows her love for Malik all over the place, IDSIF basically feels like a declaration of love for him. And how cool is that. To dance and sing about your lover WITH THEM.  Her children are all in it, except Rocco. Come Alive feels like she brought us to her birthday party. This truly feels like her, who she is. and I come away with a new respect for Madame X, the album. 

Very happy with the release. We are blessed. Crazy my fav and very impressed with the musical arrangements for Human Nature and Frozen. Editing works, vocals great (less effects would have been preferred). Only complaints would be the lack of the live feeling and that guest section is a waste but did match Madonn's very vague form of rebellion and disturbing the peace

4 minutes ago, cyberrage said:

Very happy with the release. We are blessed. Crazy my fav and very impressed with the musical arrangements for Human Nature and Frozen. Editing works, vocals great (less effects would have been preferred). Only complaints would be the lack of the live feeling and that guest section is a waste but did match Madonn's very vague form of rebellion and disturbing the peace

i thought the same until i read about him and was like AHHHHH that is why she chose him 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic