Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

Human Nature — a song I love but wasn’t overly enthused about being on the track list really was killer on this tour. Best version. Ever.

American Life also REALLY worked with Madame X.

the Vogue / I Don’t Search I Find section was fantastic.

honestly? I could go on and on. It all just works.

1 hour ago, Markdonna said:

Human Nature — a song I love but wasn’t overly enthused about being on the track list really was killer on this tour. Best version. Ever.

American Life also REALLY worked with Madame X.

the Vogue / I Don’t Search I Find section was fantastic.

honestly? I could go on and on. It all just works.

What about Human Nature did you like

1 hour ago, Markdonna said:

Everything. The staging, the arrangement, her vocals… it was the perfect LIVE performance. The use of hands in the projection recalled by my fav moment of the iconic video. But with a twist. Also, it’s long been a part of her manifesto and fit well within the manifesto of Madame X.

That said — it should now be given a good, long set list rest. Not only has it been in four tours… but this definitive performance shall never be topped. 

Looking forward to it, haven’t seen it yet! Thank you! 

16 hours ago, hankypanky2021 said:

i know my partner is a kate bush fan and i always feel a bit sad for him because she does nothing anymore .remastering old albums is not that exciting and i dont even think they was good remasters - i think i have it bad with a new album ever 3 years or so from madonna 

They are horrible. They butchered a lot of tracks but the one that suffered the most is Experiment IV. I hope Madonna won't use the same team to remaster her stuff...

Ugh NOW can we move on from this tedious era? Madame X tour was the worst. Madonna get it together and put out dance music that we can all enjoy. I don't need the meaning of life from you nor do I need a report on the state of the world today, You are preaching to the choir. Your following GETS IT ALREADY and the general public doesn't care about your POV. Now Let's dance. Thank you.

40 minutes ago, Lucky90210 said:

Ugh NOW can we move on from this tedious era? Madame X tour was the worst. Madonna get it together and put out dance music that we can all enjoy. I don't need the meaning of life from you nor do I need a report on the state of the world today, You are preaching to the choir. Your following GETS IT ALREADY and the general public doesn't care about your POV. Now Let's dance. Thank you.

Lol madonna said once "i am not a performing monkey " - she is not going to just pump out dance music to keep some of her fans happy she is not kylie :) she will do what she wants to do not what her fans want her to do end of - she said on the tour "we are not here to be popular we are here to be free "  you got dance music with god control lol :) oh right it was about gun control cant dance to that 

Edited by hankypanky2021 (see edit history)

36 minutes ago, Lucky90210 said:

did you see the show live ? serious question please be honest 

9 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I love that she did a wee welcome video

am i the only fan that likes the work she has done on her face ? i mean she looked older on the drowned world tour dvd - she is doing something right if she wants defy ageing if she looked older all them years ago lol

I love when she does dance music and I was hoping for a 90s house inspired record considering her recent obsession with the genre BUT some of yall really make me wish she'd make an album filled with ballads of her farting into an autotuned mic and have all the songs feature... gasp!... young artists! 

3 minutes ago, devilpray said:

I love when she does dance music and I was hoping for a 90s house inspired record considering her recent obsession with the genre BUT some of yall really make me wish she'd make an album filled with ballads of her farting into an autotuned mic and have all the songs feature... gasp!... young artists! 

we got confessions after american life and she did say madame x is a follow up to amercian life soo fingers crossed we do get something that is not so hard and political but i feel it wont be for a long while ..id even say when she releases her visual autobiography we will get new music 

Having watched a second time, here are my favorite songs/performances of the show:

1. Dark Ballet - Gorgoeous color and it flowed in motion and choreo. M is obviously more stationary moving forward and it’s understandable, therefore the scene, story, and other dancers are much more important. Here I felt it was all balanced. Even the whole bib thing didn’t look awful. Reminded me of a short shift that women would’ve wore with gowns or part of a male soldier’s uniform. It over all gave me French Revolution vibes mixed with Joan of Arc obviously. 

2. American Life - Again, colors were great and this song fit everything so well. And who doesn’t love an excuse to wrap about checking out the hotties and driving their Mini Cooper. The soldiers though, kinda tired trope and would have preferred it switched to something else for the continued spy theme. But it’s not enough to knock it.

3. Like A Prayer - I love the version for the Met Gala and Eurovision. I know some didn’t but I love it. The tour version is lighter than two prior performances though. Love the vocals (manipulated or not) and again colors and her outfit was gorgeous. 

4. Human Nature - Another example minimal movement but yet a fully entertaining segment. The projections brought attention to her, really highlighted the multi function of the stage the alcove for her to perform inside of. The song arrangement was also refreshing and fitting. I would warrant Express Yourself a spot alone so I’ll tack it on here. I love her voice for it. They could’ve did something jazzy for it too but it’s fine considering time constraints.

5. Batuka - It was hard picking a clear fifth favorite. Frozen, Vogue, IDSIF, Come Alive all were great in theory whether with their arrangements or with their aesthetic or live but ultimately were not the most visually appealing through video format and editing. So I picked Batuka because the Batukadeiras entering theatre legit made me smile. Whether they were singing live or not, their representation on video for the world is heart warming and just one more way M shows her care for other cultures and minorities.

Everything else was just good enough or not appealing enough to me. The Fado section needed better structure and pull La Isla in my opinion. Killers needed just… something extra but I’m not sure what. Crazy was as expected. Love the song. Love it’s representation. But it was just there. Medellin was beautiful too, I just wish it was what closed out the segment not Extreme Occidental, which needed something else too. But again, not sure what else. 

1 hour ago, Lucky90210 said:

It’s what she’s always done. And it’s not meant to preach to anyone. She just sings about the things that are on her mind at the time. 
I’d find a woman in her sixties doing generic pop pretty strange and unappealing 

51 minutes ago, hankypanky2021 said:

am i the only fan that likes the work she has done on her face ? i mean she looked older on the drowned world tour dvd - she is doing something right if she wants defy ageing if she looked older all them years ago lol

I prefer the Drowned World face versus a double chin

6 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

It’s what she’s always done. And it’s not meant to preach to anyone. She just sings about the things that are on her mind at the time. 
I’d find a woman in her sixties doing generic pop pretty strange and unappealing 

remember when god control audio leaked and we all got excited thinking it was hung up part 2 and it ended up being a song about gun control ..its hilarious when you think of it ..pretty clever in my opinion to make a upbeat song about something so serious 

3 minutes ago, deathproof said:

oh yeah i mean in the video - she has obviously gained weight due to recovery i think and prob the pandemic too ..she will lose it when she can finally exercise again properly- she was so gaunt on drowned world tour dvd , she looked absolutely shattered - i read a comment on social media that her weight gain is deliberate because she wants the fat injected in other areas in her body ..it made me shudder at the thought of her ass getting any bigger lol 

3 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Isn’t her “Drowned World Face” the same face she has until Confessions? I loved how she looked in the 2000s till Hard Candy. It was real beauty not this fake nonsense. I hate plastic surgery on like every celebrity. It always looks worse than their natural face 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic